Jump to topic:

The Fall Of Aaron Rodgers ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 8:46:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
He was up so high, and then reality bought him back down once again. The New York Giants secondary put an end to the so called Empire Rule of the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. Needless to say that we have at least 3 quarterbacks who many would now say is better than the great Aaron Rodgers. And those people are Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Eli Manning. He is like a champion, but please let him just be what he is as of today. Only better than most, but not the best.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 1:18:17 PM
At 1/17/2012 8:46:21 AM, inferno wrote:
He was up so high, and then reality bought him back down once again. The New York Giants secondary put an end to the so called Empire Rule of the Green Bay Packers on Sunday. Needless to say that we have at least 3 quarterbacks who many would now say is better than the great Aaron Rodgers. And those people are Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Eli Manning. He is like a champion, but please let him just be what he is as of today. Only better than most, but not the best.

The guy has perhaps the best season of any quarterback in history and he's falling. Sure.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 2:06:20 PM
At 1/17/2012 1:18:17 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 1/17/2012 8:46:21 AM, inferno wrote:

The guy has perhaps the best season of any quarterback in history and he's falling. Sure.

Tom Brady is way better man. Come on now. Dont fall for the tricks of the mainstream media. Youre almost as bad as those Tebow followers.
Better than Elway. Psss.
PartamRuhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 3:45:12 PM
At 1/17/2012 3:11:52 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
I think its indisputable that John Beck is the best QB in the NFL right now.

No, you are mistaken. Cam Cameron is the hands down best.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2012 4:37:43 PM
At 1/17/2012 3:45:12 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

You guys are both kidding yourselves. It's obvious that Rick DiPietro is the best QB in the NFL right now.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 3:55:50 AM
At 1/17/2012 4:37:43 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 1/17/2012 3:45:12 PM, PartamRuhem wrote:

You guys are both kidding yourselves. It's obvious that Rick DiPietro is the best QB in the NFL right now.

It is obviously Caleb Hanie. The Bears aren't going to resign him because they cannot contain his awesomeness.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 6:09:20 AM
All jokes aside, Aaron Rodgers is a future HOF. He's a great quarterback. Yes better than Brady. I refuse to be impressed by the Patriots this year. They played 2 teams that finished with a winning record and they lost to both. Rodgers had to beat NO, ATL,DET and he beat the Giants although the rematch didn't go so well.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 6:10:32 AM
And Eli Manning is NOT better than Aaron Rodgers. That thought is laughable at best.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 8:35:32 AM
At 1/18/2012 6:10:32 AM, MarquisX wrote:
And Eli Manning is NOT better than Aaron Rodgers. That thought is laughable at best.

Eli Manning and Drew Brees could take Rodgers out. He's lucky that Tom Brady does not have to meet him in the Super Bowl this year. It would have been a disaster.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 10:40:31 AM
At 1/18/2012 8:35:32 AM, inferno wrote:

Eli Manning and Drew Brees could take Rodgers out. He's lucky that Tom Brady does not have to meet him in the Super Bowl this year. It would have been a disaster.

The 49ers beat the saints behind Alex Smith's 4 touchdowns. 1 of them on the ground and 3 through the air. The last one being a game winner that was thrown absolutely perfectly through double coverage. Does that mean he's better than Drew Bees?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 10:55:22 AM
At 1/18/2012 10:40:31 AM, MarquisX wrote:

The 49ers beat the saints behind Alex Smith's 4 touchdowns. 1 of them on the ground and 3 through the air. The last one being a game winner that was thrown absolutely perfectly through double coverage. Does that mean he's better than Drew Bees?

He just may be. After all, I am a San Francisco fan by the way. Obviously you did not read my profile.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 12:06:58 PM
At 1/18/2012 10:55:22 AM, inferno wrote:

He just may be. After all, I am a San Francisco fan by the way. Obviously you did not read my profile.

I'm a die hard San Fransisco fan and always a huge supporter of Alex but he's not better than Brees. His just made one more play than Bees could. They got into a shoot out and Alex fired the last bullet and won. But Eli......great qb but not as great as Rodgers.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2012 12:13:52 PM
At 1/18/2012 12:06:58 PM, MarquisX wrote:
At 1/18/2012 10:55:22 AM, inferno wrote:

I'm a die hard San Fransisco fan and always a huge supporter of Alex but he's not better than Brees. His just made one more play than Bees could. They got into a shoot out and Alex fired the last bullet and won. But Eli......great qb but not as great as Rodgers.

He doesnt have to be. Football is a team's game. Not a quarterback. The defense will shut down The Giants secondary and running game. Heck, they may even stop a field goal or two.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 12:16:29 AM
Aaron Rodgers I believe is better than Drew Brees, but not Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers this year was really on point, even Joe Thiesman said that Aaron Rodgers was the most accurate passer he has ever seen in history. Antoine Winfield commented saying that the passes Aaron Rodgers was throwing was so on point that a defense just cannot stop it, and that he himself had no idea how he was going to defend those passes. Drew Brees in my opinion is not as on point as Rodgers and Brady is.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 2:28:07 AM
At 1/20/2012 12:16:29 AM, Loserboi wrote:
Aaron Rodgers I believe is better than Drew Brees, but not Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers this year was really on point, even Joe Thiesman said that Aaron Rodgers was the most accurate passer he has ever seen in history. Antoine Winfield commented saying that the passes Aaron Rodgers was throwing was so on point that a defense just cannot stop it, and that he himself had no idea how he was going to defend those passes. Drew Brees in my opinion is not as on point as Rodgers and Brady is.

Rodgers' play wasn't quite as good as normal in the playoffs, but he certainly wasn't the reason they lost. The pass rush was getting to him, players were fumbling and dropping passes, and the defense was its normal mediocre self: not getting to Eli and not covering receivers. The defense played the game it has been playing all year, but the big difference was the offensive mistakes. I guess you can't depend on the offense to dominate every time...
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:11:23 AM
At 1/18/2012 6:09:20 AM, MarquisX wrote:
All jokes aside, Aaron Rodgers is a future HOF. He's a great quarterback. Yes better than Brady. I refuse to be impressed by the Patriots this year. They played 2 teams that finished with a winning record and they lost to both. Rodgers had to beat NO, ATL,DET and he beat the Giants although the rematch didn't go so well.

I agree that Rodgers is a phenomenal QB and future HOF. However the Packers barely beat the Saints, and the Lions and Falcons are a bit overrated. After all the Giants beat the Falcons for the wild card playoff spot by 21 points (the Falcons only scored 2). Plus the Giants only lost by a FG in the first match-up against the Packers. So yeah, don't get me wrong - Aaron Rodgers is AWESOME, but the Packers aren't perfect just like everybody else. Even the Saints weren't as impressive this year as they have been in the past. I agree with you about the Patriots, though Tom Brady is still dope.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:12:16 AM
At 1/18/2012 12:06:58 PM, MarquisX wrote:

This.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:12:58 AM
At 1/20/2012 12:16:29 AM, Loserboi wrote:

True... but Rodgers has better receivers, so it's hard to say. Great points though.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 8:14:04 AM
At 1/20/2012 2:28:07 AM, Lasagna wrote:
Rodgers' play wasn't quite as good as normal in the playoffs, but he certainly wasn't the reason they lost. The pass rush was getting to him, players were fumbling and dropping passes, and the defense was its normal mediocre self: not getting to Eli and not covering receivers. The defense played the game it has been playing all year, but the big difference was the offensive mistakes. I guess you can't depend on the offense to dominate every time...

Yeah, that's why football is a team sport. I think both the 49ers and Giants are more well-rounded teams than the Packers. The Saints like the Packers rely almost solely on an explosive offense.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 11:22:32 AM
At 1/22/2012 8:14:04 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 1/20/2012 2:28:07 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Yeah, that's why football is a team sport. I think both the 49ers and Giants are more well-rounded teams than the Packers. The Saints like the Packers rely almost solely on an explosive offense.

That became apparent, unfortunately :). Recievers run free in our secondary, our pass-rush sucks, and our run-defense is OK at best. I imagine we may make another stab at a RB in the draft, but otherwise it will be all about the defense. Our offense was what ultimately lost us the game, but they can't be perfect every game.
Rob