Jump to topic:

The Super Bowl Rematch Begins *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:24:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Say it aint so my friends. But it seems that fate has once again showed its evil face for all to see. But if the past is any indication of the future, then I can assure you that this one is not a hoax. Some say that the last Super Bowl between the New England Patriots is still one of the greatest games ever played. But actually it was the element of surprise and the ending was mighty sweet. However, I am a fan of the Patriots myself, so it is no secret who I will be pulling for. The Giants are favored in the real world because of their one up over Tom Brady. This time things may be different, that is if the Patriots defense can rise to the ocassion like they did with the Baltimore Ravens. The 49ers had a hell of a season and they surpassed all of my expectaions for sure. So now it is time for the Manning/Brady rematch of the century. These are the two best quarterbacks in the league today. Who do you think will come out on top this time around.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 3:21:04 AM
Before the season started, Vegas picked the Pats 5 to 1 to win it all (the Pack was 6 to 1, in second place). They seem to know what they're talking about out there.

My gut, however, says the Giants. If things go as they should, then I can't see how they could lose:
- Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham have a field-day with the worst pass-defense of 2011
- Bradshaw doesn't get shut down
- The pass-rush gets to Brady a decent amount of the time
- Pierre-Paul makes a big play or two

It's hard to see Brady losing this game if any one of these doesn't happen. But every one of these things should happen because they have been happening. Tom Brady has little control over any of them; Like Rodgers he'll get his points and we'll just assume that.
Rob
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2012 8:01:17 PM
I go with the Giants. Patriots got to the SuperBowl purely on blind luck and having 14 regular season games vs opponents with losing records. Giants have beaten the Packers and Niners, who I'm sure we all agree were the top of the NFC. Still don't think Eli Manning is better than Rodgers or Drew Bees or even Alex Smith. But he's playing with a full deck of cards unlike the three aforementioned QB's.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 7:44:22 PM
When you look at the two teams, you gotta expect the Giants to win. I will be rooting for the patriots, because i have been fan for the longest time. But, realistically, I would love to go to vegas and put some money on the underdog giants.

Patriots can only win if Tom Brady can play mistake free, and perfect.

I believe if the giants can get to Tom Brady it will be a done deal. They do not even need to sack him, just put the pressure on him. I feel sorry for Nate Solder having to watch Justin Tuck.

If Giants Offensive Line can stop Vince Wilfork the pass rush will be essentially gone.

Nicks and Cruz can destroy that Patriots secondary, and I don't see the defense strong to prevent a big run from either jacobs or bradshaw.

That defense is good enough to recover from any of Eli's mistakes.

Tom Brady plays perfect NE wins, anything less Giants win. Sad, but true.