Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 1:33:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I thought this was cute...

http://sports.yahoo.com...

And just to throw my two cents in again, I don't think it's fair to blame the Giants loss on Kyle Williams. Almost every single game in every single sport is lost based on the mistake(s) of a player(s), yet we usually don't blame them so blatantly. This just happened to be tough because he made TWO key mistakes in a big game. I feel bad for him, but also think the Giants overall played better in every phase of the game, thus deserved the win regardless of Williams' errors.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2012 3:37:03 PM
At 1/27/2012 1:33:38 PM, Danielle wrote:
I thought this was cute...

http://sports.yahoo.com...

And just to throw my two cents in again, I don't think it's fair to blame the Giants loss on Kyle Williams. Almost every single game in every single sport is lost based on the mistake(s) of a player(s), yet we usually don't blame them so blatantly. This just happened to be tough because he made TWO key mistakes in a big game. I feel bad for him, but also think the Giants overall played better in every phase of the game, thus deserved the win regardless of Williams' errors.

That's hard to say. I'm not going to say that it is all 100% his fault, but those two turn overs, lead directly to 10 Giant points (without with, the game would be entirely different). They took two offensive drives from the Niners (which likely would have just resulted in punts and time off the clock) and placed the giants in field goal position for both of them.

Let's say the niners did nothing but go 3 and out then punt. Having the giants start back on their own 20, instead of a hop skip and a jump away from the endzone would be very different against the niner's defense. It's not like the giants were rolling over them all game so that it didn't matter where they started.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:13:19 PM
Sorry Danielle, I agree with Oreele, that game I blame 100% on Kyle Williams. For all the reasons Oreele mentioned. The Giants were not playing that well, they were gaining a lot of yards but not enough to get to the endzoone or redzone, which was all i wanted from our defense. Kyle Williams was the only one who forced turnovers, he was in a position where if he went on the field took a nap on the punt return instead of trying to do anything we would not have conceded 10 points to the giants. Kyle Williams cost our offense 2 potential drives and made it extremely difficult for our defense who spent a long duration stopping Eli, and then snap has to go back out and defend again but now they are in great field position.

OMG I STILL CANNOT GET OVER IT!

FKKKK KYLE WILLIAMS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! U RUINED MY 2012 and it just started.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:19:51 PM
Apparently you both missed the point. I didn't deny that Williams was directly responsible for the loss. What I said was that every single game is won or lost based on someone's mistakes, so singling him out specifically is kinda ridic. We don't do that regarding every single game in which someone is almost always directly blameworthy. I said we're only doing it here because it was a big game and he happened to make two key mistakes instead of one... however, that doesn't negate his performance overall as a decent player. Dassit.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:20:52 PM
At 1/28/2012 10:13:19 PM, Loserboi wrote:
The Giants were not playing that well

They overall played better than the Niners, not just regarding those 2 mistakes.
President of DDO
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:29:54 PM
Sorry Danielle, I agree with Oreele, that game I blame 100% on Kyle Williams. For all the reasons Oreele mentioned. The Giants were not playing that well, they were gaining a lot of yards but not enough to get to the endzoone or redzone, which was all i wanted from our defense. Kyle Williams was the only one who forced turnovers, he was in a position where if he went on the field took a nap on the punt return instead of trying to do anything we would not have conceded 10 points to the giants. Kyle Williams cost our offense 2 potential drives and made it extremely difficult for our defense who spent a long duration stopping Eli, and then snap has to go back out and defend again but now they are in great field position.

OMG I STILL CANNOT GET OVER IT!

FKKKK KYLE WILLIAMS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! U RUINED MY 2012 and it just started.

Lol, I heard he was getting a lot of death threats. The outrage was crazy here in Sacramento which is 2 hours away from SF; I can only imagine what is was like in SF.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:40:17 AM
At 1/28/2012 11:20:52 PM, Danielle wrote:

They overall played better than the Niners, not just regarding those 2 mistakes.

True. But there were not about to win. It was already 4th quarter and you guys weren't moving the ball at all. The Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter show was about to begin. Had he not fumbled, the niners would be in the Superbowl. I have since forgiven him, and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team again(NOT as a punt returner) but that loss was his fault.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:44:31 AM
At 1/28/2012 11:19:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
Apparently you both missed the point. I didn't deny that Williams was directly responsible for the loss. What I said was that every single game is won or lost based on someone's mistakes, so singling him out specifically is kinda ridic. We don't do that regarding every single game in which someone is almost always directly blameworthy. I said we're only doing it here because it was a big game and he happened to make two key mistakes instead of one... however, that doesn't negate his performance overall as a decent player. Dassit.

It was the fact that he made two, not just one. Everyone is going to make one big mistake every now and again. But taking out those two mistakes, the Giants did not play better. It is hard to say that an offensive based team, scoring only 10 points (misusing the 10 points directly tied to the two mistakes) is doing anything close to good.

The Giants had 352 yards on 90 plays, with only 267 yards on 58 pass attempts (this includes the loss from sacks). Eli was only 55% pass completion and only an 82.3 passer rating.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 1:46:09 AM
At 1/29/2012 1:40:17 AM, MarquisX wrote:

True. But there were not about to win. It was already 4th quarter and you guys weren't moving the ball at all. The Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter show was about to begin. Had he not fumbled, the niners would be in the Superbowl. I have since forgiven him, and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the team again(NOT as a punt returner) but that loss was his fault.

Though in his defense, he did average 28.3 yards per kick return that game.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 6:08:05 PM

Not really. The game was sloppy for both teams; neither looked good.
When Reach fell, I came.