Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Since when did the Pro bowl become a joke?

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 6:55:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just had to change the channel. These guys are not even bothering. Watching the line of scrimmage makes this game look like flag football. Actually take that back, in flag footbal they are actually trying to get to the quarterback. I don't remember this in previous Pro bowls. Was it always this way?
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 7:46:34 PM
of course. These are the best of the best. The season is over so why play your hardest? Don't want to risk injury and have your team without one of its key play makers.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 8:03:35 PM
At 1/29/2012 7:46:34 PM, MarquisX wrote:
of course. These are the best of the best. The season is over so why play your hardest? Don't want to risk injury and have your team without one of its key play makers.

Of course the game will not be played the same way as if it were a regular season game, it never is in any all star game in any sport. I never said they should play their hardest, but if they are not going to try at all then why bother?

Did you watch any of the game? If not then watch the highlights. The pass rushers were literally acting, and doing a pretty bad job at it.
NeilPeartDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 10:02:39 PM
You know if the Pro Bowl was actually any attempt at a real football game you wouldn't see two play drives and tackles that look like they're saying
"tell you what, if you just dive on the ground so I don't get a boo-boo I will make sure to just feather you to the ground"
Come on next year let's see someone take it serious and lambast some poor runningback (or Cam Newton, I think everyone will enjoy that).
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2012 11:14:24 PM
So the Packers had this pretty good tight end, up until recently... kind of gives you an idea of why players wouldn't make unnecessary risk.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 8:47:37 AM
Even I have to admit, it was like watching arena football with comic book characters. It was quite entertaining though and they really raised that scoreboard bigtime. I give it a C+.