I Hate The Giants

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 9:13:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As an avid Eagles fan I think I am entitled to rant a little so here goes:

Eli Manning is overrated, 9-7 doesn't deserve a Super Bowl win. They're the luckiest team in football with a stupid old as dirt coach and a team full of idiots. Goddamnit!

... Go Eagles ...

Tom Brady deserved that waaay more than Manning...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 9:21:16 PM
At 2/5/2012 9:13:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Eli Manning is overrated, 9-7 doesn't deserve a Super Bowl win. They're the luckiest team in football with a stupid old as dirt coach and a team full of idiots. Goddamnit!

... Go Eagles ...

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 9:38:48 PM
Denial isn't just a water body in Egypt for Pats fans, and I guess Eagles, tonight.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 10:48:37 PM
At 2/5/2012 9:38:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Denial isn't just a water body in Egypt for Pats fans, and I guess Eagles, tonight.

Hey, I can't like the Giants, it's against my DNA...
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 10:57:26 PM
At 2/5/2012 10:48:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

It was a close game, and it's clear that Brady's getting older. One more superbowl win really would have bolstered the dynasty, but oh well.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 10:58:03 PM
At 2/5/2012 10:57:26 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/5/2012 10:48:37 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

It was a close game, and it's clear that Brady's getting older. One more superbowl win really would have bolstered the dynasty, but oh well.

Yes, he is definitely past his prime...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 11:47:57 PM
At 2/5/2012 11:38:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
I dont agree, brady is betterthan ever. If his.team were better je'd be boss.

I don't know about that.

He used to NEVER throw INTs but now he's been averaging 2 a game...

Big difference there
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 12:21:50 AM

... Go Eagles ...

Whoa there big boy. Eli Manning nearly threw for 5000 thousand yards this year and has been great in the playoffs. And if Brady deserved it more then Manning, they would have won.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 1:16:09 AM
At 2/5/2012 11:47:57 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I don't know about that.

Big difference there

Well of course. Randy Moss is gone, so he has no deep threat anymore. No big play receivers. So he has to throw the ball more on any given drive, which leads to more picks.

I think he's still in his prime. Sucks that they lose though. Their D just couldnt get stops when it counted.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:56:09 AM
I dont even see the loss as Brady's fault. He was tuned in, as you saw on that 4th and 16. But his receivers failed him. They dropped 4 passes in the 4th quarter. That wide open drop by Wes Welker on 2nd and 11 was a game-breaker. That would have put then first down at the Giants 20. Instead, Deion Branch basically drops another pass on the next play 3rd and 11, and they have to punt.

Giants are obviously the better team. Just sucks for Brady that he lost because of something out of his control.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 5:50:33 AM

... Go Eagles ...

They beat the top 3 teams in the NFL, that is a lot of luck my friend...
Greenbay
49ers
Pats

(if they would have beaten the Saints, they would have swept the top teams by far...)
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 1:54:09 PM
I can't explain why the Pats and Pack, two teams packed with elite pass-catchers, all of a sudden can't catch isht when they play the Giants.
Rob
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:04:08 PM
At 2/6/2012 1:54:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
I can't explain why the Pats and Pack, two teams packed with elite pass-catchers, all of a sudden can't catch isht when they play the Giants.

Pressure from the secondary, and pressure in the pocket.
The Giants defensive line is awesome.
Needless to say that Rodgers is not quite as great as Eli Manning, as I said here once before.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:15:48 PM
At 2/6/2012 2:04:08 PM, inferno wrote:

Needless to say that Rodgers is not quite as great as Eli Manning, as I said here once before.

Wes dropped the game ball without any pressure on him.
kfc
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:21:27 PM
At 2/6/2012 2:15:48 PM, Koopin wrote:

Yeah. Youre right. Clumsy clucks.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:39:40 PM

Yep. This play changed the game entirely.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 2:58:42 PM
At 2/6/2012 2:39:40 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Yep. This play changed the game entirely.

If it had been caught it was likely they would have scored another TD and won if the score stood as is, it would have put them up ...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 3:58:23 PM
Steve Martin tweet during the game:

"Wow! What a game. Two minutes left. Headin' off to bed. Will get results in the morning."
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 5:09:15 PM
(For full transparency, I'm a Seahawks fan. I'm excited that I can now say that my team beat the SB champs. : D)

I think that Eli is a good quarterback, but if anything, their linebacker, defensive back, and running game need to improve. Not the passing game.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 6:23:17 PM
At 2/6/2012 5:09:15 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
(For full transparency, I'm a Seahawks fan. I'm excited that I can now say that my team beat the SB champs. : D)

I think that Eli is a good quarterback, but if anything, their linebacker, defensive back, and running game need to improve. Not the passing game.

Lol, you just described both super bowl teams.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 6:54:04 PM

... Go Eagles ...

I do agree that Eli Manning is overrated. And the Giants did not deserve to even be in the playoffs; they were the best of the worst in a terrible NFC East. They dominated the Falcons and handily beat the Packers, but they were handed the NFC Championship game and basically had a win dropped onto their laps in the Super Bowl.

If there is one team that I have had a problem with winning the Super Bowl, its this team.
When Reach fell, I came.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 6:58:43 PM
At 2/6/2012 1:16:09 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 2/5/2012 11:47:57 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I don't know about that.

Big difference there

Well of course. Randy Moss is gone, so he has no deep threat anymore. No big play receivers. So he has to throw the ball more on any given drive, which leads to more picks.

I think he's still in his prime. Sucks that they lose though. Their D just couldnt get stops when it counted.

This.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:05:08 PM
At 2/6/2012 6:54:04 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:

... Go Eagles ...

I do agree that Eli Manning is overrated. And the Giants did not deserve to even be in the playoffs; they were the best of the worst in a terrible NFC East. They dominated the Falcons and handily beat the Packers, but they were handed the NFC Championship game and basically had a win dropped onto their laps in the Super Bowl.

Eli is not an overrated quarterback. I could actually argue that he's underrated. (4,933 yards!) And why shouldn't the Giants be in the playoffs They made it to the Super Bowl, beating three pretty great teams. Handily beating the Pack is great accomplishment and couldn't have been done if the Giants were not a playoff-caliber team. And how was the NFC Championship/Super Bowl handed to them? They at least kept up with the 49ers and the Patriots.

If there is one team that I have had a problem with winning the Super Bowl, its this team.

I don't have qualms about them getting into the big show.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:12:18 PM
At 2/6/2012 7:05:08 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Eli is not an overrated quarterback. I could actually argue that he's underrated. (4,933 yards!) And why shouldn't the Giants be in the playoffs They made it to the Super Bowl, beating three pretty great teams. Handily beating the Pack is great accomplishment and couldn't have been done if the Giants were not a playoff-caliber team. And how was the NFC Championship/Super Bowl handed to them? They at least kept up with the 49ers and the Patriots.

The NFC Championship was handed to them by Williams. Two fumbles on punt returns resulted in the Giants only touchdowns. The Patriots' receivers dropped FOUR balls in the 4th quarter. If they make those catches, the Patriots, in all likely hood score another TD and seal the game.
When Reach fell, I came.
Xerge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 7:39:28 PM
At 2/6/2012 7:12:18 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:
At 2/6/2012 7:05:08 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

The NFC Championship was handed to them by Williams. Two fumbles on punt returns resulted in the Giants only touchdowns. The Patriots' receivers dropped FOUR balls in the 4th quarter. If they make those catches, the Patriots, in all likely hood score another TD and seal the game.

That's nonsense. It was not handed to them. The giants were also able to to capitilize on the other teams' mistakes as well as minimize their own, like a good team should.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:05:32 PM
Manning is not half as good as Rodgers. If Rodgers doesn't have two championships under his belt by the time he's in his 7th or 8th season then something has gone seriously wrong. Rodgers couldn't have played any better and in fact was carrying the team on his back for much of the game, having to use his feet to escape the Giants' pass-rush. But you can't win a game when Rodgers is the top RB. The Packers failed to produce a decent defensive effort the entire season, and when the receivers finally had an off-day there was absolutely nothing to fall back on.

I would have a major problem with the Giants right now if it weren't that there aren't any other teams that should have replaced them in the playoffs. The Bucs, Bears, and Cards would have been next in line but they certainly didn't deserve it.
Rob