Jump to topic:

Formula 1

Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2009 2:42:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Theres finally been an agreement between the FIA (max mosely) and the rebels. Good or bad? Not sure personally, I think it would of been prettey cool to have a breakaway championship. With probably next to no rules in vehicle restriction (in all likelyhood) I think some amazing technilogical advancements could of been made. Lets face it, the financial restrictions the FIA are imposing can only be a bad thing, Look at the minnow teams this year, it proves that the biggest bank account does not mean the biggest winners.

Lewis is still my champion.
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2009 12:47:13 AM
It was the big boss of the FIA, the Nazi fantasist sexual pervert Max Mosley (son of Oswald Mosley, leader of the British Union of Fascists) that was the spanner in the works - it has all been resolved now he has agreed not to stand for re-election.

I followed Jenson Button right from the start and remained loyal even when he when he was trailing the rest of the field but I am also a huge Lewis Hamilton fan and hope that he will have a decent car to drive next season.

Overall, goog news for the 1 billion F1 fans worldwide that tune in to watch every race.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2009 8:05:39 AM
My family follows racing, but I didn't think it would be too big in Europe. It seems to be more of a rural thing to me.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 3:08:26 AM
F1 is pointless to me. It's just cars going round a track at high speeds. They should follow street legal cars in city centres going at high speeds. That would be something.
Anyway, to sort out riff raff, half an hour into a conversation with someone I go "Veeerrmmm, veeerrrmmm, veeerrrmm". If their eyes light I just walk away.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 5:29:16 AM
At 8/7/2009 3:08:26 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
F1 is pointless to me. It's just cars going round a track at high speeds. They should follow street legal cars in city centres going at high speeds. That would be something.
Anyway, to sort out riff raff, half an hour into a conversation with someone I go "Veeerrmmm, veeerrrmmm, veeerrrmm". If their eyes light I just walk away.

I agree and if you want to see it go to Southend-on-Sea, Essex on a Saturday night and watch the chavs in their WRX Scoobies and ponced-up Saxos scream round the town trying to impress teenage slags!

Still, I think you will agree that it doesn't have the glamour or prestige of the Monaco Grand Prix!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 5:34:53 AM
Not quite the sophistication of the Monaco. If it wasn't so chavved up I'd go to one. Weaving through lorries, runnign red lights, crashing though glass windows of banks to escape the coppers.....what a sight.

I mean, the betting possibilities are endless, to who will be arrested, to who an run the most red lights.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 4:50:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who are the greatest F1 drivers of all time?

I would say:

James Hunt (GB, former F1 World Champion)
Nigel Mansell (GB, former F1 World Champion)
Damon Hill (GB,, former F1 World Champion)
Lewis Hamilton (GB, former F1 World Champion)
Jenson Button (GB, current F1 World Champion)
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 9:28:18 AM
At 5/14/2010 4:50:15 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

I would say:

How are Hamilton and Button on that list and not Schumacher and Alonso? Do I sense a bit of British bias? :P
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 9:30:33 AM
At 5/14/2010 9:28:18 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:

I would say:

How are Hamilton and Button on that list and not Schumacher and Alonso? Do I sense a bit of British bias? :P

You also forgot Ayrton Senna (Bra, 3-time world champion).. although he occasionally gets extra praise just because he died on the track
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 9:48:13 AM
At 5/14/2010 9:30:33 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 5/14/2010 9:28:18 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:

I would say:

You also forgot Ayrton Senna (Bra, 3-time world champion).. although he occasionally gets extra praise just because he died on the track

Also add to that Nikki Lauda, another 3-time champion