Peyton Manning

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 8:48:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Where's he gonna end up?
Listened to the whole press conference today, sounded like he was on the verge of tears for most of it. He was very gracious and thankful throughout.

No matter what he's one of the greatest ever, pretty funny guy too.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 9:00:50 PM
At 3/7/2012 8:48:53 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Where's he gonna end up?
Listened to the whole press conference today, sounded like he was on the verge of tears for most of it. He was very gracious and thankful throughout.

No matter what he's the greatest ever, pretty funny guy too.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com...

fix'd
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 9:42:57 AM
I'm not a Cheifs fan, but I believe he's going to fallow Montana's footsteps and go to KC.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2012 10:32:12 PM
At 3/8/2012 9:03:15 PM, Lasagna wrote:
If Manning goes to 49ers they win Superbowl hands down.

That's what everyone has been saying. The niners still have the cap room to sign Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Marques Colston from the saints.

Most likely though manning and Wayne are going to be in Dolphins Jerseys
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2012 1:08:11 PM
At 3/8/2012 10:32:12 PM, MarquisX wrote:

That's what everyone has been saying. The niners still have the cap room to sign Manning, Reggie Wayne, and Marques Colston from the saints.

The problem is that one offense is different from another. QB A might fit well with offense X's offense, but not with offense Y's. In addition, last year was a breakout year (finally) for Alex Smith. Although I'll submit to an actual Niners fan, I don't see good things coming from wherever Manning decides to leave to.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 8:31:21 AM
At 3/9/2012 1:08:11 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
At 3/8/2012 10:32:12 PM, MarquisX wrote:

The problem is that one offense is different from another. QB A might fit well with offense X's offense, but not with offense Y's. In addition, last year was a breakout year (finally) for Alex Smith. Although I'll submit to an actual Niners fan, I don't see good things coming from wherever Manning decides to leave to.

That's an interesting point. Especially since he's so old that he only has a year or two, perhaps, to make a real impact. If it's going to be a huge revamp on the part of the team he goes to to assimilate him, that diminishes his value severely.
Rob
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 12:45:22 PM
At 3/11/2012 8:31:21 AM, Lasagna wrote:
That's an interesting point. Especially since he's so old that he only has a year or two, perhaps, to make a real impact. If it's going to be a huge revamp on the part of the team he goes to to assimilate him, that diminishes his value severely.

And yet at least a dozen teams reached out to him already, some even vowing to get him aboard - meaning he's still in high demand. It's definitely possible that he'll wind up in Miami. Not only is Reggie Wayne interested in signing with the Dolphins as well - especially with Manning there - but they already have a decent team (plus Wayne in addition to Marshall would be a dominant receiving core), Manning would get to play against Tom Brady twice a year (possibly the greatest QB rivalry in the game), and he already has a condo in Miami so in a sense it's already "home." However there has also been great speculation about Wayne going to Baltimore (which would also be a good fit for him), and according to ESPN, Denver and Arizona are actually some of Peyton's top prospects. I guess we can only wait and see, but it seems to be boiling down to Miami, Denver, Arizona and Kansas City. Of course I'd like to keep him as far away from my New York teams as possible, so if Miami is off the table I'm cool with that :P
President of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 1:03:02 PM
I remember reading on ESPN that the big three in the running are the broncos, dolphins, and the cardinals.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 1:53:37 PM
First and foremost you have to look at it from mannings POV. He's only got a couple of years left. That man is not going to waste them trying to fix a broken team. Whoever he goes to, will need to be a playoff contender beforehand. His best bet to winning a Superbowl is to be in a 49er jersey. Moss is working out for them now and they say he's just as fast as ever. Marques Colsten from the saints, a huge target for Bees, also looking to be a Niner. And of course you have that defense. Oh boy. We get Peyton Manning.....I can't wait to see that rematch versus the Giants in the Stick :)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 2:09:58 PM
At 3/11/2012 1:53:37 PM, MarquisX wrote:
First and foremost you have to look at it from mannings POV. He's only got a couple of years left. That man is not going to waste them trying to fix a broken team. Whoever he goes to, will need to be a playoff contender beforehand. His best bet to winning a Superbowl is to be in a 49er jersey. Moss is working out for them now and they say he's just as fast as ever. Marques Colsten from the saints, a huge target for Bees, also looking to be a Niner. And of course you have that defense. Oh boy. We get Peyton Manning.....I can't wait to see that rematch versus the Giants in the Stick :)

The Niners would be better with Peyton - no doubt. Just like the Giants would be better with Peyton - no doubt. But he's not going to be a Giant and he's not going to be a Niner, so. If I were Peyton I would surely be interested in SF, but I don't think he is and as far as I know the Niners haven't pursued him at all. They are in desperate need of WRs though so perhaps Moss will fit that bill.

Also you might be giving Colsten too much credit. He's a very dependable receiver but not the best. He's never been to the Pro Bowl, for example. However with those 2 additions alone (or even one) you're already looking at a better team. The Niners don't really need Peyton, but would absolutely dominate with him (which can be said about a lot of teams).

The best team that is aggressively pursuing Peyton is in fact Denver who actually won their division... with Tebow...
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 7:41:11 PM
SF has officially declared no interest. I would say they probably won't pay the money for him, that would mean destroying Smith's career there and although he ain't great I think they want to keep him and not rock the boat that got them almost to the top last year (some would say a gaff or two was all that prevented them from the trophy). At any rate he's earned at least one more try before they dump him I would think.

I have a feeling it's Denver. I would predict the whole Tebow-effect is going to be a cheap side-show next year and trying to build your team around that guy is just not a great idea. If I were the Broncos mgmt I would not be looking forward to a long-term commitment to that style of play, particularly in an NFL game that is evolving in the opposite direction. His "luck" meter is maxed out but he's just missing too many other traits. Like Hitler said, "he can't throw a bowling ball through a glass door" and "his passes look like he's throwing dead ducks."

Plus look at the divisions. Why play against the Jets and Pats half the year when you can play in the AFC worst? Manning will have to win at least 2 if not 3 less games that year to make the playoffs and you can probably predict that it will be that many games that they will lose because of stupid logistical reasons early on, before they get things cleaned up for the playoffs. Denver has a good upcoming D as well led by Von Miller who is going to make a run at defensive MVP this year no doubt.
Rob
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 8:00:07 PM
I agree with both of you. Harbaugh has already declared Smith his guy, we just need a receiver. Still, a man can dream....

What do you guys think about the Redskins/Rams trade?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2012 8:05:39 AM
At 3/11/2012 8:00:07 PM, MarquisX wrote:
I agree with both of you. Harbaugh has already declared Smith his guy, we just need a receiver. Still, a man can dream....

What do you guys think about the Redskins/Rams trade?

Well the Skins are gonna pick up RG3. They needed that spot more than the Rams because they need a QB, and RG3 is likely the #2 overall pick this year (while of course the Rams don't need him). However the Skins traded 3 first round picks to get him - say what?! Ultimately it will come down to how well RG transitions to the NFL. If he comes out playing like Cam Newton his rookie season, nobody in Washington is going to care about this big time trade. However if RG struggles a bit, the Skins have now just lost their first round picks for 2013 and 2014. That puts the Rams in a good spot for team building and a whole lotta pressure on Griffin and the Washington staff to perform well pretty much off the bat.

All in all, while risky for the Redskins I think it was a bold move. I'm sure if they didn't have to trade THREE first round picks they wouldn't have, but getting a QB is important to them and Griffin is looking good. Perhaps he could be the new face of the franchise even. I think this move is good for the Rams... especially if the Skins bomb and wind up with early first round picks :/ There is nothing really for the Rams to lose here considering there isn't someone they REALLY wanted/needed early in the draft this year. Plus it's not like #6 is the worst spot in the world to pick from!

So - bold and risky move for the Skins that could pay off; safe and smart move for the Rams. I'd say this was overall a good move for both teams.
President of DDO