Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 5:49:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/21/2012 12:57:24 PM, Koopin wrote:
What the heck were they thinking?

He will probably do better than Mark Sanchez
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 5:53:37 PM
At 3/21/2012 5:49:07 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

a 4 year old girl could do better than mark sanchez
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:37:38 PM
At 3/21/2012 5:53:37 PM, imabench wrote:

What were they thinking giving Sanchez a hugggggge contract????
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 6:42:24 PM
At 3/21/2012 6:37:38 PM, tyler90az wrote:

This. Mark is a fail, but they gave him a freaking huge contract. I'm confused.
kfc
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 9:31:04 PM
At 3/21/2012 6:42:24 PM, Koopin wrote:

It's New York. Nothing makes sense over there.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2012 9:36:32 PM
At 3/21/2012 9:31:04 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 3/21/2012 6:42:24 PM, Koopin wrote:

It's New York. Nothing makes sense over there.

very true
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:09:47 AM
Is anybody else getting the vibe that Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow aren't a good match? One is egoistic and insulting while the other is humble and praiseworthy. It's like... what would happen if Luke went to the dark side?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:39:25 AM
At 3/22/2012 1:09:47 AM, Mestari wrote:
Is anybody else getting the vibe that Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow aren't a good match? One is egoistic and insulting while the other is humble and praiseworthy. It's like... what would happen if Luke went to the dark side?

Yes. When I saw the trade I asked how could anyone with his values play for Rex Ryan.
kfc
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 9:51:20 AM

They are a PERFECT match....
Rex Ryan has a foot fetish.... Tebow likes to use his feet...... Its PERFECT

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:02:35 AM
At 3/22/2012 9:51:20 AM, imabench wrote:

Gay football fanfiction! YAY!
kfc
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 10:18:11 AM
Is anybody else getting the vibe that Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow aren't a good match?:

Who gives a sh*t... let's go eat a goddamn snack.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 12:21:59 PM
At 3/22/2012 10:02:35 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/22/2012 9:51:20 AM, imabench wrote:

Gay football fanfiction! YAY!

You guys just made my day.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 1:09:38 PM

Luke did go to the dark side in the final three episodes :o
Rob
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:27:12 PM
At 3/22/2012 1:09:38 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Luke did go to the dark side in the final three episodes :o

Are those Star Wars canon?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:42:16 PM

Does Tebow has a sister to make out with?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:44:51 PM

BTW, this is just wrong. I need to look more into this, but I have the same question, WTF were they thinking?!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 11:47:45 AM
As a Jet fan, I am obviously still a Jet fan even though I don't completely understand the decision to acquire Tebow. However considering we gave up practically nothing to get him, I don't think it was necessarily a bad move. It probably just wasn't a smart one.

Yes, Tebow fans will be calling for Tebow to go into the game when Mark inevitably screws up. However that could be said about ANY team that picked up Tebow unless he was their starter. I don't think any team intended on picking up Tebow as a starter.

I don't have any positive or negative feelings toward Tebow as a person. I don't care that he is vocal about his Christian beliefs, just as I wouldn't care (from a football standpoint) if he was a huge LGBT supporter and vocal about his pro gay rights beliefs. He can preach whatever values he wants. Celebrities will inevitably use their popularity to stand or speak for something, and while it would be cool if Tebow's views were some I shared, I don't condemn that he stars in anti-choice commercials or whatever else because that's his prerogative. Plenty of celebrities are very vocally liberal.

Now as a player... While I understand that an offense can have a tough time building plays around his skill set (and that his skills don't coincide with traditional NFL type offenses), I also recognize that the Jets already don't have a traditional pass happy play book because Mark Sanchez can't make those big throws either. In other words, it won't be a huge adjustment. And it's not like Tebow CAN'T throw. Remember that the Broncos beat the Steelers in the playoffs because of Tebow's 80 yard TD pass to Thomas in Overtime. He is capable of improving just like everybody else. Perhaps the method behind the madness is to make Sanchez and Tebow both work extremely hard and improve to fight for the starting spot.

Also, Tebow's skill set poses a challenge to the defense to prepare for and react to. Teams will now have to come up with plays to stop two QBs. I think Rex Ryan will have fun with that. However, as a team (and coaching decision), I don't think this was the best move. The Jets need to get their sh!t together and work on achieving the goals they already set and failed to meet, and getting the basics down before they go trying any of these new Tebow tricks. They should be team building, not flirting with new fun ideas. However... admittedly that is part of the charm of the NY Jets for me at this point.

And let me say this about Rex Ryan. I don't understand why everybody is such a hater. Sorry he's not "humble" - or rather sorry he doesn't put on that fake, phoney, completely bullsh!t humble attitude in front of the camera. Sorry not every coach has the same exact personality and gives the same bullsh!t and completely scripted answers to every single question, being careful to say all the right things. That is the complete opposite of what New Yorkers are known for, so in a way I'm GLAD he represents my city.

Ryan's attitude is one of bravado and machismo which is not unfamiliar around the entire league. That's why people celebrate after making just about every single play let alone a touchdown. He has complete confidence in his team and in being vocal about that he hopes it will give them confidence and build their attitude and mental toughness to do their best. He is also the first person to compliment others. After sucking Belichick's d!ck for awhile about how he's the best football coach ever, he concludes by saying he still wants to beat the hell out of him. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Furthermore, John Elway very openly criticized and did not entirely back Tebow in Denver last year. Ryan is (at least publicly) supportive of his players to a fault. Look at how Ryan still backs Sanchez 100% here. Obviously I think this is something Tebow will appreciate, even if at first he is majorly disappointed that he didn't wind up in Jacksonville.

Another thing - None of us know what kind of options the Jets had. We all know they struggle at the QB position. Picking 16th in the draft, it's not like they were getting a hot shot young QB that way. So what QB free agents were available? Alex Smith would certainly go back to the Niners given that opportunity. Chad Henne and Rex Grossman aren't better than Sanchez. McNabb's best days are behind him. The only relatively decent option would be Kyle Orton, but we saw how that played out in Denver last year - and to top it all off, obviously he and Tebow can't be back on the same team together. In other words, the Jets didn't really have any other choice than to back up Sanchez fully. However I do think they over-paid.

All we can do at this point is wait and see what happens. I'm nervous but excited :) Remember that one of the teams looking to pick up Tebow were the Packers, and obviously Lasagna wouldn't stop supporting that team even if he wasn't thrilled about the decision. I remember that last year I was really ticked off by some of the Giants' personnel decisions before the season began, but they wound up winning the Superbowl... so. I hope for the best. I was indifferent to Tebow before, but as long as he plays for one of my teams (and isn't a complete douche), I support him.
President of DDO
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 12:39:15 PM
The game will always be more exciting with Tim Tebow in it... there's no doubt about that. I would love to see Sanchez benched for some Tebowmania. I think that the Packers would have been the one team that Tebowmania would have been completely crushed under. Tebow is barely qualified to throw Aaron Rodgers' water bottle to him in practice.
Rob
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 1:33:56 PM
I actually met Tim Tebow at the Madden Bowl tournament. Nice guy. Don't understand why Bill Maher chose to pick on him.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 1:55:37 PM
At 3/25/2012 1:33:56 PM, MarquisX wrote:
I actually met Tim Tebow at the Madden Bowl tournament. Nice guy. Don't understand why Bill Maher chose to pick on him.

Not trying to sound like a whiner here, but Maher picks on him because he is an outspoken Christian.