We've got:

Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir
Urijah Faber vs. Dominick Cruz
Bones Jones vs. Rashad Evans
Clay Guida vs. Gray Maynard
Cung Le vs. Rich Franklin

Who do have to win these fights?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 4:43:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/22/2012 4:34:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
We've got:

junior dos santos.

Cain velasquez.

Urijah Faber.

Is this even a questions? Of course, John Jones.

Lol Clay Guida doesn't stand a chance. Maynard definitely.

Cung Lee is good, but I don't think he is to the same level as rich. I will give this one to rich franklin if he can dodge the kicks, and get it to the ground.

Who do have to win these fights?

I bet you all of those will win. Lol I always make bets with my friends on the fights and I always win. I know how to pick em.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 4:57:12 PM
I agree with you on most.

To me, Santos and Overeem is a toss-up. Both are nearly undefeated as Heavyweights (Overeem lost a lot back when he was skinny LHW). Overeem can kick Santos and break him down with knees. Overeem made Werdum look like a rag doll who was too scared to stand with Overeem.

I think Guida will go ape-sh!t on Maynard. Guida nearly beat the current champ Bendo who beat the guy who beat Maynard, lol.

Cung Le can beat Rich Franklin. Cung is flawless when he's fighting guys his size and not big giant beasts like Wanderlie who onslaught you. Also, Le dropped Wand with a spinning backfist and had an opportunity to finish, but refused so he could put on a show for the fans.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 4:59:28 PM
I also think Cain is getting the belt back. :P
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 5:02:39 PM
At 3/22/2012 4:59:28 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I also think Cain is getting the belt back. :P

yes he definitely is. Unless frank mir puts him in another one of those nasty as arm bars and breaks the sh1t out of it.... like GEEZUS that made me sick to watch.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 5:08:16 PM
At 3/22/2012 4:57:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I agree with you on most.

To me, Santos and Overeem is a toss-up. Both are nearly undefeated as Heavyweights (Overeem lost a lot back when he was skinny LHW). Overeem can kick Santos and break him down with knees. Overeem made Werdum look like a rag doll who was too scared to stand with Overeem.

His losses are more significant than his wins. Although he has lost to the very best in the sport Chuck Liddell, Sergei Kharitonov, Fabricio Werdum, Mauricio Rua and to Antonio Rogerio Nogeira twice. His weakness has always been his chin and despite his standing as one of the best fighters in the world- his quality of opposition during his 10 fight winning streak is not exactly a list of future hall of famers. His run in K1 although impressive still leaves some question marks as to how he will do against opponents that have fought the best over the last couple of years.

I think that if Santos can exploit his weaknesses he definitely can explode on him, we will be seeing an interesting fight, indeed.

I think Guida will go ape-sh!t on Maynard. Guida nearly beat the current champ Bendo who beat the guy who beat Maynard, lol.

Clay guida's is experienced that's for sure, and also does go wild on his opponent. I am callin maynard on this one because, he is more composed, controlled, and has some of the best endurance and determination out of all. Maynard just needs to focus on getting it past the first round, and tire clay out.

Cung Le can beat Rich Franklin. Cung is flawless when he's fighting guys his size and not big giant beasts like Wanderlie who onslaught you. Also, Le dropped Wand with a spinning backfist and had an opportunity to finish, but refused so he could put on a show for the fans.

I was really impressed by his performace against Cung Le. I don't, however feel he has what it takes to beat franklin yet. Franklin is an expert grappler, and striker. Cung le, doesn't do well on the ground either. Also we saw from the wanderlie fight, that if you can get within his range, then he doesn't stand a chance. If Cung le wants to pull out a victory he is going to have to be agressive, yet keep his distance.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 5:10:02 PM
I'll be back here in a bit, I gotta run a friend to work real quick. Feel free to continue discussion though.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2012 11:02:51 PM
At 3/22/2012 6:40:46 PM, TUF wrote:
is no one else into MMA?

I watch it when I can, but I simply don't have the time for it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 11:10:21 AM
We've got:

Who do have to win these fights?:

Predicted winners in bold
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 11:13:03 AM
We've got:

My predictions don't articulate who I want to win versus who I think will win.

If I had my way, Mir, Faber, Guida, and Le would win... But I give the edge to their opponents.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 1:21:36 PM
At 3/24/2012 11:13:03 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
We've got:

My predictions don't articulate who I want to win versus who I think will win.

If I had my way, Mir, Faber, Guida, and Le would win... But I give the edge to their opponents.

I agree with all of your predictions except maybe urijiah faber. He hasn't been performing his best lately, but I feel he will do great against dominick
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 1:33:25 PM
At 3/22/2012 6:40:46 PM, TUF wrote:
is no one else into MMA?

I am, I actually do MMA ;P
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 2:49:36 PM
I agree with all of your predictions except maybe urijiah faber. He hasn't been performing his best lately, but I feel he will do great against dominick:

If it's any consolation, I'm rooting for him.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 5:55:18 PM
Are you guys kidding me? Urijah Faber destroyed top Bantamweight Brian Bowles.

He savagely striked him to death and then beautifully submitted him. Faber is on his best game right now. Faber also finished Dominque Cruz by submission. Cruz barely scraped by Faber in the second fight with points from takedowns.

Faber > Cruz.

However, props to Cruz's skill and his entertaining and unorthodox MMA game.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2012 6:16:38 PM
Btw, who do ya'll got winnin this fight?

Heavyweight match:
Shane del Rosario vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

I got del Rosario winnin this. The guy's 11-0, every single fight but one he finished in the 1st round. The other was a 2nd round KO. He has 8 (T)KO's and 3 submissions. What's unique about him is his stand up is as good as the little guys. He throws fast high kicks, and KO's guys with a knee to the face when the guy is standing straight up.

He's a beast.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 7:55:51 AM
I haven't heard from about rosari, so obviously id be inclined to say gonzaga. But if your description of him is accurate, it should be a pretty good match up.