Jump to topic:

Baylor women go 40-0

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2012 3:54:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So the Baylor women's college basketball team just won the national championship, going 40-0 and having one of the greatest seasons any team has had in sports history in any sport...

I guess the question is... Does anyone here care?
Debate.org Moderator
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:52:59 PM
At 4/4/2012 3:54:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
So the Baylor women's college basketball team just won the national championship, going 40-0 and having one of the greatest seasons any team has had in sports history in any sport...

I do :) Finally a girls' basketball team being talked about that isn't U Conn. Admittedly I only followed March Madness basketball this year, for both men and women.
President of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:58:11 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:52:59 PM, Danielle wrote:

I do :) Finally a girls' basketball team being talked about that isn't U Conn. Admittedly I only followed March Madness basketball this year, for both men and women.

Wow finally someone who cares :-) I watched both tourneys casually and was a bit disappointed with the mens championship.. but I didn't have any rooting interest anyway (Marquette and Wisconsin lost too early).. so not a big deal.

Women's college basketball has naturally less interest... But Baylor went 40 and 0!!!

...Anyone who cares about sports at all should recognize the significance of that.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:02:23 PM
ugh.... Baylor.... screw baylor.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 8:41:11 AM
At 4/6/2012 1:58:11 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Women's college basketball has naturally less interest... But Baylor went 40 and 0!!!

...Anyone who cares about sports at all should recognize the significance of that.

I agree... And you know what, I think I prefer women's basketball to men's. The fact that women are so much smaller makes the athleticism required to play basketball that much more impressive. Granted being tall is still an asset regardless of sex, but even the big women have to work a lot harder to make shots. Plus the dunking element is nearly eliminated in women's basketball (with the exception of the Baylor center...) which I like, since I think dunking takes away from the game. Women also seem to travel a lot less, usually because they're not trying to take "two" massive steps to the rim. I feel like watching them play they are working a lot harder just for the sheer fact that they're smaller and more effort is required. They can't only rely on their physical prowess whereas someone like Shaq could.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 12:56:56 AM

Who? The only thing I think of when I think of Baylor is RG3 bringing the Heisman there for the first time.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 1:01:11 AM
At 4/10/2012 12:56:56 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Who? The only thing I think of when I think of Baylor is RG3 bringing the Heisman there for the first time.

haha I was wondering if someone was going to say that... RG3 should be a great NFL QB, and the Heisman is a great achievement, but its not quite as significant as an undefeated season... well maybe it is... Either way, heck of a year for Baylor sports
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2012 1:24:45 AM
At 4/10/2012 1:01:11 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/10/2012 12:56:56 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

haha I was wondering if someone was going to say that... RG3 should be a great NFL QB, and the Heisman is a great achievement, but its not quite as significant as an undefeated season... well maybe it is... Either way, heck of a year for Baylor sports

Though honestly, I don't really care about basketball at all.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"