Jump to topic:

Micheal Vick

theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2009 9:33:06 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Should he be suspended by the NFL if he does decide to make a return?

IMHO, I think that he's paid his dues and that he's clear now. Many other athletes have done much worse and have gotten off with no more than a slap on the wrist.
When Reach fell, I came.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2009 9:56:46 PM
Maybe that is why they shouldn't let him back in - it is time to get tough on these people. Make an example of him and set a standard, so the NFL can be accountable to its fan base.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2009 10:37:46 PM
http://www.debate.org...

I think this makes pretty clear my stance. The NFL is a private organization though, it at least, unlike the gunmint, has a right to base it's actions on such nonsense.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2009 7:54:26 PM
Vick was involved in a dog fighting ring and he served his time in jail. He should be allowed back in the NFL. Dante Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk and only had to serve 24 days in jail, and he is still in the NFL.

He killed dogs, not humans.
animpossiblepossibility
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2009 12:28:15 PM
At 7/20/2009 7:54:26 PM, Nags wrote:
Vick was involved in a dog fighting ring and he served his time in jail. He should be allowed back in the NFL. Dante Stallworth killed a guy while driving drunk and only had to serve 24 days in jail, and he is still in the NFL.

He killed dogs, not humans.

I still don't get how Stallworth can kill a guy while drunk driving and only get 24 days in jail. It's completely absurd to me. Celebrities get off wayyyyy easier. I personally think he should get 8 games, not because he killed dogs, but because he did something that was against the law.
Lifeisgood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2009 3:03:06 PM
I liked him. I hope to see him return.

He probably should be allowed back. I haven't seen significant reason as to why he should be kept out. He has apologized and been adequately punished; that is enough for me.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln