Football Is Sooo Over-Rated!

amberfairygirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 7:18:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hello People,
In my opinion the obsession that most boys and men in England have with football is just so RIDCULOUS!!! I mean for a start watching it is BORING; why on earth would you want to sit down for a hour or whatever watching overpaid men kicking around a ball let alone actually paying to see it. I mean, a lot of people worship the ground these footballers play on and many aspire to be a footballer. It's like a religion for some!
It's the same with football in America and is most likely to be the case for similar sports in other countries.
But besides my own strong opinion want to know what you think! Do you agree or disagree? Are you one of those footie fanatics or know someone who is?
amberfairygirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 7:26:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do occainsionally play football ith my brother at the park and I do enjoy it. I also support West Ham but that's because my family do. But what I don't understand is how you can be so obsessed over it. What makes it so special or popular? People don't get so wrapped up in tennis for example thatn they do in football. And I know you may see my opinion as biased as i'm a girl but this is just my view so whats yours?
Scorbie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 7:43:35 AM
I'm an America and we folks here don't like sports if the screen can't hold the entire field, also as america's our sports have to consist of an injury every 15 minutes or a really big car crash. "Soccer" is dumb and confusing for our american brains end of story MERCIA!
amberfairygirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 7:56:49 AM
At 4/13/2012 7:43:35 AM, Scorbie wrote:
I'm an America and we folks here don't like sports if the screen can't hold the entire field, also as america's our sports have to consist of an injury every 15 minutes or a really big car crash. "Soccer" is dumb and confusing for our american brains end of story MERCIA!

Ur so jokes Scorbie LOL can't believe it's actually like that there. And thanks for u opinion on soccer (or football) ur right it is dumb..!
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 8:38:40 AM
Opinion.

I personally think Soccer is the second most boring sport in the world, right under golf.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 8:39:36 AM
At 4/13/2012 8:38:40 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Opinion.

I personally think Soccer is the second most boring sport in the world, right under golf.

You just gotta get older to enjoy golf.
Watched the masters last weekend...oh man, good stuff.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 8:41:43 AM
At 4/13/2012 8:39:36 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Opinion.

Yeah, that was actually exciting TBH.

But most of the time its just........bleh. Maybe its the general lack of movement, and the announcers?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:03:34 AM

Not trying to really defend soccer here, but football can't always fit the entire field on a screen either. A soccer field is not that much larger than a football field. Basketball, Baseball and other sports also do not consist of an injury every 15minutes or a really big car crash.
Scorbie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 10:34:08 AM
New forum mechanic sarcasm meter? Lol of course those things don't literally happen but I still dont see the purpose of NASCAR personally formula one and rally racers are way more entertaining and challenging and actually consists of at least a right turn.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 4:20:10 PM
At 4/13/2012 9:03:34 AM, stubs wrote:

Not trying to really defend soccer here, but football can't always fit the entire field on a screen either. A soccer field is not that much larger than a football field. Basketball, Baseball and other sports also do not consist of an injury every 15minutes or a really big car crash.

I don't watch the NFL for injuries... but if I am watching 5 minutes of NASCAR racing the only reason, is to see a car crash. Otherwise I can watch people turn left at relatively unsafe speeds every day in person.
Debate.org Moderator
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 4:37:41 PM
At 4/13/2012 4:20:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I don't watch the NFL for injuries... but if I am watching 5 minutes of NASCAR racing the only reason, is to see a car crash. Otherwise I can watch people turn left at relatively unsafe speeds every day in person.

Agreed.....NASCAR is B.S...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 4:41:26 PM
At 4/13/2012 4:37:41 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 4/13/2012 4:20:10 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Agreed.....NASCAR is B.S...

Well that wasn't really my point.. though I really don't understand NASCAR... people have different interests and likes and I accept that.. I'll never understand the WWE but i have friends that luv it.. they try to convince me why I should watch it, and I just tell them, its never going to happen.. But I'm sure there are things I like that most people think is weird too, so I try not to judge.
Debate.org Moderator
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 11:30:45 PM
At 4/13/2012 7:18:01 AM, amberfairygirl wrote:
Hello People,

Hi

In my opinion

Not mine

the obsession

I may admit that for myself.

that most boys and men

Sexism!

in England

What about america?

have with football

Soccer is my passion.

is just so RIDCULOUS!!!

0_o

I mean for a start watching it is BORING;

o_0

why on earth

Or heaven

would you want to sit

Or stand

down

Or up

for a hour or whatever

90 minutes :P

watching overpaid

Not always overpaid. Unless you're watching Chelsea vs Man city.

men

Sexism!

kicking

That's not all they do.

around

Yes balls are round.

a ball

You don't like balls?

let alone actually paying

Or watching on the telly. But do you expect them to do it for free?

to see it.

What if your deff, huh?

I mean,

Nah, you're not mean

a lot of people

Majority rules!!

worship

Giraffes?

the ground

Oh

these footballers

What about the jokes like Tevez?

play on

What's the point of worshiping dirt and grass?

and many aspire to be a footballer.

Absolutely

It's like a religion for some!

You're going to hell. Sorry :/

It's the same with football in America

Don't even mention American football

in America

people are fat

and

but

is

Are

most

few

likely

Charlie Sheen

to

Dos

be

crickets

the case

Is solved

for

Quotro

similar

Moral nihilism

sports

Yay

in other countries.

Hatai

But

besides my own

Therefore every one elses

strong opinion

Or weak opinion :p

want to know

"Knowledge is a deadly sin"

what you think!

I think the mere concept of this premise does not entail onto-illogical equivocation. While we may conceive of beings as having the property of being unkowing, contemplations and actions are not properties at all. More specifically, existence is not a perfection, thus it does not entail onto-illogical equivocation. So the second assertion is viable. This concerns whether our concept of the human mind corresponds to anything real, and pure reason can tell us that is valid. We can show that the classic onto-omnia argument fails by keeping the erroneous second premise and replacing the first one with: "Utopia is the most perfect ('the greatest') society conceivable." This parallel conclusion is clearly false. Only observation could determine that such things are natural. Logic cannot be a physical entity. As we can be demonstrated (x-~b^) there are no necessarily true propositions, for this would contradict all things that are evident in everything known about ontological inequency. They are essentially products of the mind. Thoughts are physical products of a physical mind. In order to uppose this you would have to believe [y,x,c~zy~-~x} as a form of logic is sound, whichwould clearly be absurd.

Do you agree

With myself

or disagree?

With you

Are you

Or am I not.

one

Or many

of those footie fanatics

Indeed

or know

I know nothing! I swear!!

someone

Myself

who is?

solipsism
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
amberfairygirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 7:19:44 AM
In reply to 'phantom'
Um, I know you were trying to be all sarcastic and funny and yes I did find you quite jokes at times. However I am NOT sexist, lets be real here most footballers and as you like to call it 'soccor' players ARE men...don't deny it. I was merely stating FACT. Also your paragraph you had written made NO sense to me whatsoever. You also confused me when you mentioned about Giraffes...what's that about...?! :? :/ :p
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 2:26:23 PM
At 4/14/2012 7:19:44 AM, amberfairygirl wrote:
In reply to 'phantom'
Um, I know you were trying to be all sarcastic and funny and yes I did find you quite jokes at times. However I am NOT sexist, lets be real here most footballers and as you like to call it 'soccor' players ARE men...don't deny it. I was merely stating FACT. Also your paragraph you had written made NO sense to me whatsoever. You also confused me when you mentioned about Giraffes...what's that about...?! :? :/ :p

You deny that giraffes are people too? This is discrimination!
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:31:42 PM
Fishing is the closest i get to sports.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:11:21 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:31:42 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Its like yoga, except you still get to kill something.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:32:19 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:11:21 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

I fish for food, protein in my diet. I eat from my garden and from what i catch fishing. I will not support commercialized meats or even produce. You sir, are twisted.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:39:37 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:32:19 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

I fish for food, protein in my diet. I eat from my garden and from what i catch fishing. I will not support commercialized meats or even produce. You sir, are twisted.

You sir, don't watch Parks and Recreation.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:50:01 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:39:37 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

apologies. lol. i might check it out, i'm pretty bored.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:52:54 PM

LOL

swanson ftw
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 7:53:29 PM
At 4/16/2012 7:50:01 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/16/2012 7:39:37 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

apologies. lol. i might check it out, i'm pretty bored.

It's one of the funniest shows there are. Funniest.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:34:58 PM
At 4/13/2012 8:41:43 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/13/2012 8:39:36 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Opinion.

Yeah, that was actually exciting TBH.

But most of the time its just........bleh. Maybe its the general lack of movement, and the announcers?

Probably
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:48:45 PM
I agree.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 8:51:26 PM
bump
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2012 9:05:16 PM
At 4/19/2012 8:51:26 PM, Contra wrote:
bump

I burst out laughing when i saw this.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts