Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

NFL Draft

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:22:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The draft is coming this weekend.

What are your teams?
Who do you want to see go where?
Predictions?
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:39:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Pats are my only team. Of course they wont get anything good with a 26th pick. :(

But I hope they get a pass rusher.
kfc
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:40:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Colts are getting lucky, can't complain about that.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:43:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2012 11:40:44 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Colts are getting lucky, can't complain about that.

Still say they dont make it to the Bowl for the next five years.
kfc
airmax1227
Posts: 13,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:44:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Packers...

I hope Ted Thompson just goes with the best player available as that is usually his strategy, and it has worked out in the past...

But I'd like to see them get a pass rushing end... A couple of solid DB's... A Running back.. And some more depth on the O-line...

They probably should draft a QB late (6th or 7th rnd), and maybe a TE...
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
thett3
Posts: 15,146
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:55:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2012 11:52:57 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Cowboys. We need an elite free safety.

That's the position I played in Middle School. I'm on it!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:06:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2012 11:44:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Packers...

I hope Ted Thompson just goes with the best player available as that is usually his strategy, and it has worked out in the past...

But I'd like to see them get a pass rushing end... A couple of solid DB's... A Running back.. And some more depth on the O-line...

They probably should draft a QB late (6th or 7th rnd), and maybe a TE...

^^This, although ive lost alot of my interest in sports over the past year to be honest, dont know why.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:08:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/25/2012 12:06:53 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/24/2012 11:44:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Packers...

I hope Ted Thompson just goes with the best player available as that is usually his strategy, and it has worked out in the past...

But I'd like to see them get a pass rushing end... A couple of solid DB's... A Running back.. And some more depth on the O-line...

They probably should draft a QB late (6th or 7th rnd), and maybe a TE...

^^This, although ive lost alot of my interest in sports over the past year to be honest, dont know why.

Maybe cuz there's a lack of decent sports teams in Massachusetts :P
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 12:47:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bears are not high enough in the draft to get a good left tackle. They could trade up but I dunno what they are going to give up for it. They have fortified all their other glaring offensive needs so drafting on offense makes no sense.

That being said, Whitney Merciless looks like he may fall to the Bears. I think it would be a good pickup. Bears need to have a top five pass rust to find success with the Cover 2. Julius Peppers gets way too much attention on the D line and they don't ally have another someone to take off the pressure. Also, his name is fvcking Merciless. Imagine all the puns that announcers will have during the games.

They could also work on LB or the secondary. But DE is the most obvious need on defense.

Any other Bears fans in the house?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Danielle
Posts: 24,287
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 7:54:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/24/2012 11:39:52 PM, Koopin wrote:
Pats are my only team. Of course they wont get anything good with a 26th pick. :(

Um, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round - 199th overall.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 8:29:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/25/2012 7:54:12 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 4/24/2012 11:39:52 PM, Koopin wrote:
Pats are my only team. Of course they wont get anything good with a 26th pick. :(

Um, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round - 199th overall.:

And Ryan Leaf, the #1 biggest flop in NFL history, was a 1st round draft pick. Obviously a team has better odds by picking first, but there are no guarantees. Sometimes a later pick, or even an undrafted walk-on, end up being better players.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 7:37:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
YES! The Jaguars picked Justin Blackmon! We finally have a good receiver!
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:03:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/26/2012 12:45:34 PM, Koopin wrote:
http://www.nfl.com...

For anyone without cable, they're streaming it live.

+1
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 9:16:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Patriots need to power build their defense. They are an awesome team, but their defense costs them the super bowl.
kfc
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2012 11:51:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/26/2012 7:37:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
YES! The Jaguars picked Justin Blackmon! We finally have a good receiver!

I think he is overvalued...
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2012 8:29:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't get drafted :(

But the Packers did seem to do pretty well taking players at positions of most need, and I have no complaints.. So good job Ted Thompson, and lets hope Perry can help that pass rush early next season
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
Lasagna
Posts: 2,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 11:15:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/25/2012 12:08:28 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:06:53 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/24/2012 11:44:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Packers...

I hope Ted Thompson just goes with the best player available as that is usually his strategy, and it has worked out in the past...

But I'd like to see them get a pass rushing end... A couple of solid DB's... A Running back.. And some more depth on the O-line...

They probably should draft a QB late (6th or 7th rnd), and maybe a TE...

^^This, although ive lost alot of my interest in sports over the past year to be honest, dont know why.


Maybe cuz there's a lack of decent sports teams in Massachusetts :P

Good point. I mean it's not like the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots have won world championships recently.
Rob
airmax1227
Posts: 13,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2012 2:56:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/30/2012 11:15:38 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:08:28 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:06:53 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/24/2012 11:44:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Packers...

I hope Ted Thompson just goes with the best player available as that is usually his strategy, and it has worked out in the past...

But I'd like to see them get a pass rushing end... A couple of solid DB's... A Running back.. And some more depth on the O-line...

They probably should draft a QB late (6th or 7th rnd), and maybe a TE...

^^This, although ive lost alot of my interest in sports over the past year to be honest, dont know why.


Maybe cuz there's a lack of decent sports teams in Massachusetts :P

Good point. I mean it's not like the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots have won world championships recently.

Exactly. Not many people have even heard of the Red Sox or Patriots... and I don't think anyone in the US is actually sure what sport the Bruins play.. It's curling right?
Debate.org Moderator

[This Space for rent. Debates/Quotes/Whatever. Restrictions apply. RRs only. PM for details.]
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 12:10:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/30/2012 2:56:18 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/30/2012 11:15:38 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:08:28 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 4/25/2012 12:06:53 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 4/24/2012 11:44:09 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Packers...

I hope Ted Thompson just goes with the best player available as that is usually his strategy, and it has worked out in the past...

But I'd like to see them get a pass rushing end... A couple of solid DB's... A Running back.. And some more depth on the O-line...

They probably should draft a QB late (6th or 7th rnd), and maybe a TE...

^^This, although ive lost alot of my interest in sports over the past year to be honest, dont know why.


Maybe cuz there's a lack of decent sports teams in Massachusetts :P

Good point. I mean it's not like the Bruins, Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots have won world championships recently.

Exactly. Not many people have even heard of the Red Sox or Patriots... and I don't think anyone in the US is actually sure what sport the Bruins play.. It's curling right?

Lol
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16