Jump to topic:

Nascar

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2012 10:48:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My understanding is that Nascar is really popular in this country. But neither I, nor any of my friends actually have any interest in it (probably just a lack of interest in the mid-west generally).

It's one of those things, like many things, that I recognize as popular, though I will never understand it.

I'm sure there is some strategy and moments involved that make it worthwhile, like the excitement of a crash and a neck and neck race to the finish line, but I can catch all the exciting moments of a 3 hour race in 2 minutes on SportCenter.
Debate.org Moderator
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2012 3:17:42 PM
Well, I'm from the heartland of Alabama, so I think we all know what my answer is ;)

It's no. It's just cars going in circles, it provides no stimulation. In normal sports you need to predict strategies and analyze possibilities and the movements of your opponents, even when watching on television... in Nascar you can only predict a left turn. And even for those of you who like the physical aspect of atheletics more, you still have big sweaty men slamming into each other in normal sports... in Nascar it's just cars going in circles. Even if there is a crash, it only happens once in a blue moon. The cars going in circles provides no stimulation for me, intellectually or otherwise.
My legend begins in the 12th century
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 4:14:41 PM
At 5/16/2012 10:32:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Does anyone watch it?

I personally love it.

Fed-Ex #11 all the way!

I like to watch it, but not the whole thing, maybe for 5 minutes or 10 minutes.
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)