Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your Favorite Basketball Player of All Time.

Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 8:13:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Today, there is a lot of talk and fan-fare about the bigs in the NBA. Durant. Bryant. LeBron. Rondo.

And then there's the all-time greats: Bird, Chamberlain, Jabbar, Malone, Jordan.

But who is who do you think is the greatest player ever to play the game/your favorite?

Obviously, I'd say Dirk Nowitzki.

Best pure shooter in the NBA, best Power Forward of all time, best seven-footer, etc.
And unlike LeBron or Wade, actually someone people could try to emulate as a person.
That's my unbiased, impartial opinion.

Meh. Who do you think it is?
Sapere Aude!
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 9:39:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd say Michael Jordan because he's Michael Jordan. Also Dirk doesn't have sh!t on Larry Bird. And the best power forward of all time is Tim Duncan.
#BlackLivesMatter
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 9:49:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
brian scalabrine
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...
#BlackLivesMatter
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:22:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...

Yeah I don't know what all that is about.. I've been watching him since he played down the street from me at Marquette.. Was very exciting when he lead them to the final 4
Debate.org Moderator
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:30:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade


I'd like to take this opportunity to inform you that I no longer plan on voting for you in the election.
Sapere Aude!
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:31:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:30:27 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade


I'd like to take this opportunity to inform you that I no longer plan on voting for you in the election.

haha seriously? My opinions on my fav basketball players of the moment are that important to you?
Debate.org Moderator
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:33:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:22:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...

Yeah I don't know what all that is about.. I've been watching him since he played down the street from me at Marquette.. Was very exciting when he lead them to the final 4

After being around LeBron, he has decided to let his inner douchebag come out.

Mavs fans saw it coming when he mocked Dirk for being sick during the playoffs.

This from the man that needed to be taken out of a game in a wheelchair.....for a shoulder sprain.
He is also the second biggest flopper in the NBA (after LeBron of course). If you can't win fairly, you shouldn't be playing the game. Never once will you see Dirk or J Kidd fake a fall or flop. Too much character and class.
Sapere Aude!
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:37:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:33:26 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:22:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...

Yeah I don't know what all that is about.. I've been watching him since he played down the street from me at Marquette.. Was very exciting when he lead them to the final 4

After being around LeBron, he has decided to let his inner douchebag come out.

Mavs fans saw it coming when he mocked Dirk for being sick during the playoffs.

This from the man that needed to be taken out of a game in a wheelchair.....for a shoulder sprain.
He is also the second biggest flopper in the NBA (after LeBron of course). If you can't win fairly, you shouldn't be playing the game. Never once will you see Dirk or J Kidd fake a fall or flop. Too much character and class.

Flopping is a part of the game. Its like how a great shooter will pump fake to get the defender in the air then jump into that defender to get to the line. Which J kidd and Dirk has done thousands of times. And yet you're OK with the douchebag that is Mark Cuban.
#BlackLivesMatter
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:44:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Pistol Pete Maravich

3-point %: 0.66
Handles: Insane
Passing: The best
Clutch: Got it
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 10:47:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:37:18 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:33:26 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:22:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...

Yeah I don't know what all that is about.. I've been watching him since he played down the street from me at Marquette.. Was very exciting when he lead them to the final 4

After being around LeBron, he has decided to let his inner douchebag come out.

Mavs fans saw it coming when he mocked Dirk for being sick during the playoffs.

This from the man that needed to be taken out of a game in a wheelchair.....for a shoulder sprain.
He is also the second biggest flopper in the NBA (after LeBron of course). If you can't win fairly, you shouldn't be playing the game. Never once will you see Dirk or J Kidd fake a fall or flop. Too much character and class.

Flopping is a part of the game.
No. It is not. It's what people with no class or sportsmanship do to deceive the refs and get points they don't deserve.

Its like how a great shooter will pump fake to get the defender in the air then jump into that defender to get to the line. Which J kidd and Dirk has done thousands of times.
Umm....no. That would be an offensive foul. A pump-fake followed by a drive to the cup (Ricky Rubio-style) is perfectly fine. Defender falls for it, you make 'em pay. Falling down after a play pretending to be fouled is completely different.
And yet you're OK with the douchebag that is Mark Cuban.
I see absolutely no reason to believe that Mark Cuban and Nolan Ryan are anything other than the best owners in professional sports. Mark Cuban has as much for this franchise as Nash, and even Dirk.
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:06:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:02:03 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
I'd like to put the hat in the running for Wilt Chamerlain. First thing, this video.




*Chamberlain
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 10:47:24 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:37:18 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:33:26 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:22:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...

Yeah I don't know what all that is about.. I've been watching him since he played down the street from me at Marquette.. Was very exciting when he lead them to the final 4

After being around LeBron, he has decided to let his inner douchebag come out.

Mavs fans saw it coming when he mocked Dirk for being sick during the playoffs.

This from the man that needed to be taken out of a game in a wheelchair.....for a shoulder sprain.
He is also the second biggest flopper in the NBA (after LeBron of course). If you can't win fairly, you shouldn't be playing the game. Never once will you see Dirk or J Kidd fake a fall or flop. Too much character and class.

Flopping is a part of the game.
No. It is not. It's what people with no class or sportsmanship do to deceive the refs and get points they don't deserve.
Yes it is. Which is why its considered legal. Never heard of Vlade Divac?

Its like how a great shooter will pump fake to get the defender in the air then jump into that defender to get to the line. Which J kidd and Dirk has done thousands of times.
Umm....no. That would be an offensive foul. A pump-fake followed by a drive to the cup (Ricky Rubio-style) is perfectly fine. Defender falls for it, you make 'em pay. Falling down after a play pretending to be fouled is completely different.
Not if they're in the air you moron. In fact putting your body on the line to draw a foul is one of the most selfless things you can do.
And yet you're OK with the douchebag that is Mark Cuban.
I see absolutely no reason to believe that Mark Cuban and Nolan Ryan are anything other than the best owners in professional sports. Mark Cuban has as much for this franchise as Nash, and even Dirk.
HE TALKED SH!t TO KENYON MARTINS MOTHER!!! How on earth could you be OK with that. Fan boys like you are goddamn pathetic.
#BlackLivesMatter
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:19:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry, but CHAMBERLAIN!
He could rebound (all time leader)
He could score (50 PPG in one season)
He could pass (Once lead the league in assists)
He could block (experts estimate if blocks had been recorded in Wilt's day, he would have been in the double digits)
And he could steal (He snatched a lot of balls)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:45:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:13:28 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:47:24 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:37:18 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:33:26 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:22:25 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 10:14:48 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 5/21/2012 9:41:54 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Karim Abdul Jabber...
Michael Jordan...
Brandon Jennings...
Michael Redd...

#1 is Dwayne Wade

D-wade is my favorite player as well but he's been really violent and angry lately...

Yeah I don't know what all that is about.. I've been watching him since he played down the street from me at Marquette.. Was very exciting when he lead them to the final 4

After being around LeBron, he has decided to let his inner douchebag come out.

Mavs fans saw it coming when he mocked Dirk for being sick during the playoffs.

This from the man that needed to be taken out of a game in a wheelchair.....for a shoulder sprain.
He is also the second biggest flopper in the NBA (after LeBron of course). If you can't win fairly, you shouldn't be playing the game. Never once will you see Dirk or J Kidd fake a fall or flop. Too much character and class.

Flopping is a part of the game.
No. It is not. It's what people with no class or sportsmanship do to deceive the refs and get points they don't deserve.
Yes it is. Which is why its considered legal.
I don't think you know what flopping is. Flopping can't, by its very definition, be legal. It is falling down and making the refs think you got fouled. Only worthless cry babies do it.
Never heard of Vlade Divac?

Its like how a great shooter will pump fake to get the defender in the air then jump into that defender to get to the line. Which J kidd and Dirk has done thousands of times.
Umm....no. That would be an offensive foul. A pump-fake followed by a drive to the cup (Ricky Rubio-style) is perfectly fine. Defender falls for it, you make 'em pay. Falling down after a play pretending to be fouled is completely different.
Not if they're in the air you moron. In fact putting your body on the line to draw a foul is one of the most selfless things you can do.
Then Brian Cardinal is the most selfless person in the NBA. If the offensive player intentionally moves into a defender, or a defender steps into the defined path of an offensive player, it is an offensive foul.
And yet you're OK with the douchebag that is Mark Cuban.
I see absolutely no reason to believe that Mark Cuban and Nolan Ryan are anything other than the best owners in professional sports. Mark Cuban has as much for this franchise as Nash, and even Dirk.
HE TALKED SH!t TO KENYON MARTINS MOTHER!!!
And then 1) promptly apologized to his mother, son, and family 2) invited them back to any game in Dallas 3) invited them to his personal suite or to have any suite they like wherever they want 4) offered to pay for they stay and dinner.

How on earth could you be OK with that. Fan boys like you are goddamn pathetic.
Resorting to insults in the absence of coherent arguments?
Sapere Aude!
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:50:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@ Apollo, I think its obvious that Chris Paul is the biggest flopper, I'll just assume you forgot about him when writing that lol. You can argue that LeBron is up there, but CP3 is the definent #1.
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:50:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ummm... How about...

WILT FREAKING CHAMBERLAIN! I mean, come on! This topic is so petty! Dirk Nowitzki isn't even close to the top 5. Wilt Chamberlin was the greatest, and most underrated.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:54:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:50:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@ Apollo, I think its obvious that Chris Paul is the biggest flopper, I'll just assume you forgot about him when writing that lol. You can argue that LeBron is up there, but CP3 is the definent #1.

I don't watch a lot of Clippers Basketball. I'd rather watch the Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Miami, Chicago. Although Ricky Rubio + Blake Griffin would be sick.

But I doubt anyone could top Lebron.
Sapere Aude!
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:56:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:50:31 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Ummm... How about...



WILT FREAKING CHAMBERLAIN! I mean, come on! This topic is so petty! Dirk Nowitzki isn't even close to the top 5.
I'd say top 10-15. Definitely Top 5 white guys.
Wilt Chamberlin was the greatest, and most underrated.
You can't compare basketball of then to the NBA of now.
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:56:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:54:07 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:50:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@ Apollo, I think its obvious that Chris Paul is the biggest flopper, I'll just assume you forgot about him when writing that lol. You can argue that LeBron is up there, but CP3 is the definent #1.

I don't watch a lot of Clippers Basketball. I'd rather watch the Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Miami, Chicago. Although Ricky Rubio + Blake Griffin would be sick.

But I doubt anyone could top Lebron.

You are putting LBJ over CHAMBERLAIN?!?!?! That's nuts.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:57:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:56:16 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:50:31 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Ummm... How about...



WILT FREAKING CHAMBERLAIN! I mean, come on! This topic is so petty! Dirk Nowitzki isn't even close to the top 5.
I'd say top 10-15. Definitely Top 5 white guys.
Wilt Chamberlin was the greatest, and most underrated.
You can't compare basketball of then to the NBA of now.

Yeah, well I just did. It's red oculus that people are putting DIRK over Wilt. That's not even sane
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 11:59:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:56:25 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:54:07 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:50:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@ Apollo, I think its obvious that Chris Paul is the biggest flopper, I'll just assume you forgot about him when writing that lol. You can argue that LeBron is up there, but CP3 is the definent #1.

I don't watch a lot of Clippers Basketball. I'd rather watch the Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Miami, Chicago. Although Ricky Rubio + Blake Griffin would be sick.

But I doubt anyone could top Lebron.

You are putting LBJ over CHAMBERLAIN?!?!?! That's nuts.
Learn how to read: both the context of this statement and the title of the thread.
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Posts: 6,769
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 12:01:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/21/2012 11:59:56 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:56:25 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:54:07 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:50:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@ Apollo, I think its obvious that Chris Paul is the biggest flopper, I'll just assume you forgot about him when writing that lol. You can argue that LeBron is up there, but CP3 is the definent #1.

I don't watch a lot of Clippers Basketball. I'd rather watch the Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Miami, Chicago. Although Ricky Rubio + Blake Griffin would be sick.

But I doubt anyone could top Lebron.

You are putting LBJ over CHAMBERLAIN?!?!?! That's nuts.
Learn how to read: both the context of this statement and the title of the thread.

Didn't see the flopped part, lol. But seriously, no one these days pays respect to Wilt. He died for our basketball sins.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2012 12:11:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/22/2012 12:01:45 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:59:56 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:56:25 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:54:07 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 5/21/2012 11:50:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
@ Apollo, I think its obvious that Chris Paul is the biggest flopper, I'll just assume you forgot about him when writing that lol. You can argue that LeBron is up there, but CP3 is the definent #1.

I don't watch a lot of Clippers Basketball. I'd rather watch the Spurs, Lakers, OKC, Miami, Chicago. Although Ricky Rubio + Blake Griffin would be sick.

But I doubt anyone could top Lebron.

You are putting LBJ over CHAMBERLAIN?!?!?! That's nuts.
Learn how to read: both the context of this statement and the title of the thread.

Didn't see the flopped part, lol. But seriously, no one these days pays respect to Wilt. He died for our basketball sins.

No one cares about people that weren't alive in their lifetime, let alone athletes who gain adoration from people who watch them play. Go back to the 60's and there would have been tons. There won't be many Durant fans, Kobe fans, or Dirk fans 50 years from now, either. It's a cycle.
Sapere Aude!