Jump to topic:

Anticipation of NFL season

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 9:40:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is anyone else getting antsy? Do you predict your team will improve this season? The Pack went 15-1 so deviation towards the mean is imminent, particularly due to the fact that the NFC North is looking to be the best division in football hands-down this year. The struggling running game and defense (in general, unfortunately) are not looking promising but the (perhaps) best passing game in football is always going to come through for some wins...
Rob
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2012 9:45:39 PM
I'm always antsy for the next NFL season the moment the Super Bowl is done. Especially since the Packers went 15-1 and then were one and done in the playoffs I'd like to see them come out strong. A 13-3 record seems to be a reasonable prediction.

They went all defense in this off-season, so hopefully that side of the ball will be improved. Unfortunately it's hard to make up for the loss of Nick Collins, who was one of the best safeties in the league.

The other problem was the running game, something they did little to improve. Maybe Alex Green will be a decent pro, but who knows. I think they are likely to lean on their passing game again, and they certainly have the players to do so.

I'm really looking forward to this coming season, especially because the Packers have as talented a team as anyone.
Debate.org Moderator
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 2:06:29 AM
Losing Collins just SUCKED. I just hope these defensive rookies are broken in by the time the playoffs gets here. Kind of regrettable we didn't snag Marshawn Lynch at RB a couple years back but it's hard to complain about a Championship year :P
Rob
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2012 8:04:24 AM
I'm honnestly not ready for the NFL season I'm still enjoying the BoSox season.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 9:31:09 AM
At 6/7/2012 3:13:42 PM, stubs wrote:
I'm a pats fan and they just released ochocinco. Happy about that.

Both of the Pats' free agency projects were busts (Haynesworth as well).
Rob
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 11:00:19 AM
At 6/8/2012 9:31:09 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Yeah but they got them for nothing. The potential reward was worth the risk. They got Haynesworth for a 5th round pick haha.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:17:42 PM
At 6/8/2012 11:00:19 AM, stubs wrote:
At 6/8/2012 9:31:09 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Yeah but they got them for nothing. The potential reward was worth the risk. They got Haynesworth for a 5th round pick haha.

It's too bad he didn't work out thought that defense needs help!
Rob
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:23:58 PM
At 6/8/2012 2:17:42 PM, Lasagna wrote:

It's too bad he didn't work out thought that defense needs help!

Can't argue with that haha
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 10:37:18 PM
Of course I will be rooting for the Bills. But I will also be rooting for the Rams (Bradford) and the Redskins (RJ3) and against the Colts (Luck).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 3:07:08 AM
At 6/8/2012 10:37:18 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Of course I will be rooting for the Bills. But I will also be rooting for the Rams (Bradford) and the Redskins (RJ3) and against the Colts (Luck).

So you're rooting against Luck because he's the #1 draft pick? Or because you just hate the colts?
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 12:05:13 PM
At 6/9/2012 3:07:08 AM, Lasagna wrote:

So you're rooting against Luck because he's the #1 draft pick? Or because you just hate the colts?

Because he got #1 when I don't believe he was as good as people thought. Really, I don't care if the Colts win, more of just Luck's performance (which the QB performance is usually tied to winning or losing).
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 1:25:23 PM
At 6/8/2012 2:54:16 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Interestingly enough one of the ESPN analysts has the Panthers taking the NFC South...

Cam Newton is the real deal.. Panthers should be much improved this year. I actually don't think it's much of a stretch for them to win the South this year.

Though safe money is on the Falcons or Saints. I'd give a slight edge to the Falcons because of bounty-gate.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 1:27:46 PM

Good luck to your Bills. Ryan Fitzpatrick was excellent- until he got paid. But he might have a strong season and the Bills may surprise people.
Debate.org Moderator
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 6:12:22 PM
At 6/9/2012 12:05:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Because he got #1 when I don't believe he was as good as people thought. Really, I don't care if the Colts win, more of just Luck's performance (which the QB performance is usually tied to winning or losing).

Not a colts or a luck fan but he was the obvious number one choice haha
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 6:29:42 PM
At 6/9/2012 6:12:22 PM, stubs wrote:
At 6/9/2012 12:05:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Not a colts or a luck fan but he was the obvious number one choice haha

I would disagree, but I've gone over that plenty already back at the end of the college football season. We'll see how his first year's numbers come up to see if he really should have been the number 1 pick.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 7:27:11 PM
At 6/9/2012 6:29:42 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I would disagree, but I've gone over that plenty already back at the end of the college football season. We'll see how his first year's numbers come up to see if he really should have been the number 1 pick.

RG3 will put up numbers for sure. But in college his numbers were a product of the offense. Luck played in an NFL style offense in college. Woulda had to been high to pick RG3
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 7:51:31 PM
At 6/9/2012 7:27:11 PM, stubs wrote:
At 6/9/2012 6:29:42 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

RG3 will put up numbers for sure. But in college his numbers were a product of the offense. Luck played in an NFL style offense in college. Woulda had to been high to pick RG3

Luck played on a highly capable offense that was extremely powerful in its own respect, not a luxury that he'll have with the colts. RG3 took a team that was literally a bottom of the barrel laughing stock and brought it to its first winning season and first bowl game (and victory) in over a decade.

Also, what kind of offense did Cam Newton play on in college? It certainly wasn't NFL style with his 20 rushing TDs and 1,400+ rushing yards. He seems to be doing pretty well with the NFL (setting I'm not sure how many rookie QB records).
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 12:14:02 AM
At 6/9/2012 8:59:37 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Any SanFran fans?

My step-father-in-law, does that count?
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 2:38:40 AM
At 6/9/2012 8:59:37 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Any SanFran fans?

They open against my Packers this season. What an epic start to the season.
Rob
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 8:06:50 AM
At 6/9/2012 7:51:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Luck played on a highly capable offense that was extremely powerful in its own respect, not a luxury that he'll have with the colts. RG3 took a team that was literally a bottom of the barrel laughing stock and brought it to its first winning season and first bowl game (and victory) in over a decade.

I meant product of the system because Luck played in an nfl style offense and RG3 didn't.

Also, what kind of offense did Cam Newton play on in college? It certainly wasn't NFL style with his 20 rushing TDs and 1,400+ rushing yards. He seems to be doing pretty well with the NFL (setting I'm not sure how many rookie QB records).

Yeah, those results are hardly typical haha
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 12:58:33 PM
At 6/10/2012 8:06:50 AM, stubs wrote:
At 6/9/2012 7:51:31 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I meant product of the system because Luck played in an nfl style offense and RG3 didn't.

That only talks about their level of readiness, not their skill. Yes, Andrew has played a few years in an NFL style, so he will be more ready out of the gate. But, both of these players should be viewed as franchise players that you need to look for their performance for years to come.

Yeah, those results are hardly typical haha

With the new rules that are allowing QBs to put out crazy numbers, those results might start getting more typical.