Jump to topic:

Michael Vick

USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:20:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So will it be a good move for the Philadelphia Eagles?

Do you think Vick has been reformed, or will he transgress and commit major misconduct before he redeems his image?

Will he be as talented, or more, than he was before prison?

I figure one reason the Browns didn't sign him is because, after scoring a touchdown, he would never be allowed to jump into the Dawg Pound.

Anyway, your thoughts?
Nik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:25:59 PM
After a few sessions of dropping the soap at prison, I can only assume the guy is going to be tougher than before
"If you could tell the world but one truth, I could convince it of a thousand lies"
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:27:14 PM
At 8/14/2009 8:20:03 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:

In a word, Yes.

Do you think Vick has been reformed, or will he transgress and commit major misconduct before he redeems his image?

I think he'll be a gooy boy.

Will he be as talented, or more, than he was before prison?

He will obviously not be as talented, but I think he will be close.

I figure one reason the Browns didn't sign him is because, after scoring a touchdown, he would never be allowed to jump into the Dawg Pound.

Good point haha.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Donovan McNabb is very injury prone. Picking up the most athletic QB in history is a great addition. He is an electric figure and definetely brings in extra revenue for the Eagles. PETA didn't even protest his reinstatement, which I find amazing. The pickup has no downside for the Eagles, but has tremendous upside. A+ move.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:28:19 PM
At 8/14/2009 8:25:59 PM, Nik wrote:
After a few sessions of dropping the soap at prison, I can only assume the guy is going to be tougher than before

Mike Vick is a 6 ft 220 lb beast. I don't think many people messed with him.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:30:59 PM
Ron Jaworski, former Eagles QB, said last night on ESPN that when McNabb has a few bad series, or games, the notorious Philly fans will start chanting, "WE WANT VICK! WE WANT VICK!"

Think that's likely to happen, and if so, would it further affect McNabb's psyche---or his long-term chances of being the starting QB for the team?
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:36:46 PM
At 8/14/2009 8:30:59 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
Ron Jaworski, former Eagles QB, said last night on ESPN that when McNabb has a few bad series, or games, the notorious Philly fans will start chanting, "WE WANT VICK! WE WANT VICK!"

The Phillies fans are a little crazy. I can definetely see that happening.

Think that's likely to happen, and if so, would it further affect McNabb's psyche---or his long-term chances of being the starting QB for the team?

McNabb has always been overly sensitive. If he starts throwing more picks than TDs... And the Eagles start off 1-3 or something like that, I think Vick could take over.

I would love to see Vick be the starting QB. He was one of my favorite players before the dogfighting incident. He is one of the most exciting players in the game. I'm glad to see him back.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:38:33 PM
At 8/14/2009 8:28:19 PM, Nags wrote:

Mike Vick is a 6 ft 220 lb beast. I don't think many people messed with him.

Apparently his wife did! He said today that he has a 1-year-old daughter, and he was in prison for 2 years.

They named her "Conjugal Visit Vick." I thought that was sweet.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:40:11 PM
At 8/14/2009 8:36:46 PM, Nags wrote:

McNabb has always been overly sensitive. If he starts throwing more picks than TDs... And the Eagles start off 1-3 or something like that, I think Vick could take over.

Keep in mind, he cannot come back until Week 6. It should be interesting to see the Eagles' record by that time.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2009 8:41:04 PM
At 8/14/2009 8:38:33 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:

Apparently his wife did! He said today that he has a 1-year-old daughter, and he was in prison for 2 years.

I misspoke. I meant his fiance.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 9:02:23 AM
I'm sick of all of these hateful and unforgiving people with their dogs on my television complaining that life is giving Vick a second chance.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 2:15:31 PM
Just for some perspective:

Michael Vick served two years in prison for fighting, torturing, and killing dogs.

Donte Stallworth just served 30 days (reached a plea) for killing a pedestrian while driving intoxicated.

Two questions are begged here:

1.) What's more important, that one was intentional and prolonged, where as one was accidental and quick?

2.) What's more important, that one killed a human being, whereas one killed animals?

Vick was just reinstated into the NFL, but must serve a 6-game suspension. Stallworth was just sentenced a full-season suspension by NFL Commissioner Roger Gooddell.

Justice all around?
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2009 1:11:44 AM
At 8/14/2009 8:20:03 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:

Of course it is a good move... i am a giants fan and know it is giving me a headache surrounding schemes for this guy.
He looks sharp as well... they were already a tuff team but know i see them as a superbowl contender

nonono it is not a good move...

it is a great move