Total Posts:98|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

NBA Finals

Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 10:28:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's the Heat vs. OKC. LeBron v. KD.
Who do you think will win?

I have OKC in 6 or 7.
I'm lookin' forward to another round of LeBron ring jokes.
Sapere Aude!
Awesome-Sauce
Posts: 208
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2012 11:47:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/9/2012 10:28:43 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
It's the Heat vs. OKC. LeBron v. KD.
Who do you think will win?

I have OKC in 6 or 7.
I'm lookin' forward to another round of LeBron ring jokes.

I don't know... I'm hoping the young ones (OKC) pull out a championship. I think the Heat are going to come ready to play... I have OKC in 7.

If the Heat fail to win a championship this year, we all know everyone will be talking about "The Big Three STILL Ringless"

I can't wait to see what Kevin Durant can do in the future. He'll continue to mature and get better, and he's already an amazing player that is impossible to plan for
Cogito ergo sum - Rene Descartes

: At 6/23/2012 1:15:48 AM, bossyburrito wrote: (to Jimtimmy)
:
: You are the equivelent of a fly buzzing around a cow. I can just swat you with my tail without it taking my attention away from grazing the sweet grass that is DDO.

DDOians for a better DDO! (DDOfabDDO)
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:33:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/9/2012 11:47:19 PM, Awesome-Sauce wrote:
At 6/9/2012 10:28:43 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
It's the Heat vs. OKC. LeBron v. KD.
Who do you think will win?

I have OKC in 6 or 7.
I'm lookin' forward to another round of LeBron ring jokes.

I don't know... I'm hoping the young ones (OKC) pull out a championship. I think the Heat are going to come ready to play... I have OKC in 7.

If the Heat fail to win a championship this year, we all know everyone will be talking about "The Big Three STILL Ringless"
lol

I can't wait to see what Kevin Durant can do in the future. He'll continue to mature and get better, and he's already an amazing player that is impossible to plan for
Kevin Durant will be up there with the All-Time greats one day.
Sapere Aude!
Cobo
Posts: 556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:56:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/11/2012 9:33:04 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 6/9/2012 11:47:19 PM, Awesome-Sauce wrote:
At 6/9/2012 10:28:43 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
It's the Heat vs. OKC. LeBron v. KD.
Who do you think will win?

I have OKC in 6 or 7.
I'm lookin' forward to another round of LeBron ring jokes.

I don't know... I'm hoping the young ones (OKC) pull out a championship. I think the Heat are going to come ready to play... I have OKC in 7.

If the Heat fail to win a championship this year, we all know everyone will be talking about "The Big Three STILL Ringless"
lol

I can't wait to see what Kevin Durant can do in the future. He'll continue to mature and get better, and he's already an amazing player that is impossible to plan for
Kevin Durant will be up there with the All-Time greats one day.

Yeah...I honestly have a feeling he could be considered as good as MJ the way he's progressing.
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:48:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
When they put the fourth quarter stat comparisons up, I almost died of laughter.

4th Quarter points up to that point.
KD: 11
LeBron: 2

Hopefully this continues.
http://MavsMag.com...
Sapere Aude!
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 10:58:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/12/2012 10:48:24 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
When they put the fourth quarter stat comparisons up, I almost died of laughter.

4th Quarter points up to that point.
KD: 11
LeBron: 2


Lebron finished with 7pts in the fourth. That avgs 28pts over the course of a game which is not bad haha.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:07:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/12/2012 10:58:34 PM, stubs wrote:
At 6/12/2012 10:48:24 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
When they put the fourth quarter stat comparisons up, I almost died of laughter.

4th Quarter points up to that point.
KD: 11
LeBron: 2


Lebron finished with 7pts in the fourth. That avgs 28pts over the course of a game which is not bad haha.
*cough* KD had 17 *cough*

And 28 is lower than what he averages. But we'll see.
Geez...how many jump shots did Wade miss in that game? Did he ever make a single one of them?

But in the end, turnovers and second chance points killed Miami.
Sapere Aude!
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:10:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
FU sports.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:10:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Too many numbers n shlt
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:32:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/12/2012 11:07:08 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
*cough* KD had 17 *cough*

And 28 is lower than what he averages. But we'll see.
Geez...how many jump shots did Wade miss in that game? Did he ever make a single one of them?

But in the end, turnovers and second chance points killed Miami.

He averaged 27.1 in the regular season so I'm guessing you a refering to the 30 he is averaging this post season.
Yeah Durant went off in the 4th, but all I'm saying is lets not act like Lebron disappeared in the final quarter. Wade did not show up tonight I agree.
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 11:55:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Spoelstra = fail. Even after the Heat won the last 2 games against the celtics/pacers by getting LeBron and Wade the ball from off-ball screens and backdoor cuts, he again goes back to "LeBron/Wade iso, everyone else do nothing". And Bosh coming off the bench = super fail. The Heat need him on the floor to open up driving lanes. Bad gameplanning.

Anyway, solid win from OKC. Durant goes off as usual. Made plays when it counted. Adjusted in the second half. Managed minutes better.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 12:05:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Like I said, if Wade AND LeBron AND Bosh don't play really well, Miami will never win. LeBron was average. Wade was sub-par. Bosh was a non-factor (Spoelstra's fault).

We can all agree that Spoelstra would be more useful as a mop to wipe up the players' sweat than as a coach. What a joke. Rivers, Popovich, and Carlisle are real coaches,
Sapere Aude!
Skyhook
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 1:16:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wow, after watching the Heat run 'n gun the Celtics with atheleticism, this is the first time I've seen the Heat outrunned and neutered badly by another team. 56 inside points vs. the Heat's 40 (give me Ibaka, Perkins, and Collison over soft Bosh, useless Joel Anthony, and Haslem anyday). The second half fastbreak points were 24 (Thunder) to 4. The Thunder are a squad while the Heat are two superstars trying to go iso. against 5 players.

It's too bad that the only star player from the Heat who came to fight was LeBron. Wade and Bosh are shells of their former selves. So I cut LeBron some slack given that Spo's played him to hell. Major props to Durant though. Probably the most clutch player in the NBA today.
Awesome-Sauce
Posts: 208
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 2:05:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know why Bosh was on the bench! He was the player that ultimately pushed the Heat over the edge to victory at the end of the Heat - Celtics series. Then he gets benched Game 1 against OKC?

Pat Riley should be screaming OFF WITH SPOELSTRA'S HEAD
Cogito ergo sum - Rene Descartes

: At 6/23/2012 1:15:48 AM, bossyburrito wrote: (to Jimtimmy)
:
: You are the equivelent of a fly buzzing around a cow. I can just swat you with my tail without it taking my attention away from grazing the sweet grass that is DDO.

DDOians for a better DDO! (DDOfabDDO)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2012 10:11:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Lets also not forget that Pat Riley gives Erik Spoelstra advice on a night by night basis. That's why I'm not sold Riley will fire coach Spo. How you fire the guy you're giving advice to when it doesn't work?
Awesome-Sauce
Posts: 208
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 1:21:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does Pat Riley remind anyone else of Al Davis? Just in regards of how they both controlled their teams completely?
Cogito ergo sum - Rene Descartes

: At 6/23/2012 1:15:48 AM, bossyburrito wrote: (to Jimtimmy)
:
: You are the equivelent of a fly buzzing around a cow. I can just swat you with my tail without it taking my attention away from grazing the sweet grass that is DDO.

DDOians for a better DDO! (DDOfabDDO)
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:52:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
DID YOU SEE THAT? HOLY CRAP! The only team to beat the Thunder at home(in the playoffs)! Dallas couldn't do it, Lakers couldn't do it, Spurs couldn't do it. CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT BITCHEZ?!
#BlackLivesMatter
airmax1227
Posts: 13,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:54:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Go Heat!!!

Awesome game. Looked like the Heat were gona run away with it, but it was an exciting last couple minutes.
Debate.org Moderator
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:57:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It was good to see LeBron not having to carry the team or play 46 minutes. Spo actually got him some rest to start the 4th, which may have helped on that leaning jumper he made.

Still, I would have liked to see him attack Durant more with 5 fouls.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:03:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And the refs give the Heat yet another win.

Even a monkey could have seen that LeBron fouled KD on the last play. And not only did they not call it, they didn't even review it. Fvckin useless sh*ts. That play decided the game and the 'tards wouldn't even review it.
Sapere Aude!
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:13:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/14/2012 11:02:33 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
OKC

I hate the Heat the whole "We're the best basketball team on Earth" attitude surrounding them is nauseating.

They don't have that. Indeed Lebron said that 2 years ago when he first signed but he's since apologized for his words. It's just people like Apollo(jealous f*cks) who keep wanting the Heat to look like rapist or something.
#BlackLivesMatter
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:14:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd argue that they had that attitude last year, such as with mocking Nowitzki's illness, but this year I havent seen it from them. They just look like a team on a mission.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:18:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah I agree with what Van Gundy said. It's not really in question whether Durant got fouled. It was pretty obvious on replay. That being said, in normal speed it was hard to tell so I don't have much criticism for the refs on that play. But again, in slow motion it was clearly a foul.