Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

NBA Free Agency

Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 5:41:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Winners? Losers (besides the obvious one)? Hopes?
Remaining FA's?

Mavs failed so utterly and completely, it hurts to think about it.
Nets won big. They might even get Howard (but likely at the cost of Lopez).
And it still amazes me how Miami can afford 4 greats with their payroll...
If Allen doesn't get injured, Miami has an even stronger team than this year.
Sapere Aude!
airmax1227
Posts: 13,228
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 5:44:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 5:41:42 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Winners? Losers (besides the obvious one)? Hopes?
Remaining FA's?

Mavs failed so utterly and completely, it hurts to think about it.
Nets won big. They might even get Howard (but likely at the cost of Lopez).
And it still amazes me how Miami can afford 4 greats with their payroll...
If Allen doesn't get injured, Miami has an even stronger team than this year.

Ray Allen and Dwayne Wade are my current favorite players in the NBA, so this was an awesome development in my view. Go Heat!!
Debate.org Moderator
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 5:51:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Best Case Scenario for the Mavs:
1. Mavs resign Delonte
2. They sign Sessions (I might actually cry if Roddy B is forced to be starting or even 2nd strong PG)
3. Get Mayo or Miles at Guard
4. McGee or Camby (not likely). Find any obscure foreign center if they have too. I really don't care. Fvcking ask the people in the stadium before games if anyone wants to play center for the Mavs for that game...anyone but Haywood.

My bar for next season is making it the post season, which is optimistic at best. That's almost more than what I expect. We don't even have all the positions filled right now...

A bunch of one-year deals would be best for teams that lost out on the few bigs this year, because next year's free agency is INCREDIBLE.
Sapere Aude!
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 2:56:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Like I said, you were assuming all season that the Mavs would get D-Will. I never got my hopes up because frankly, it would be too good to be true :/

Mavs are in for a rough 2013 season.

If the Nets get Howard, they'll be a 4 or 5 seed in the East, but will never get better. They'd have to surrender all their other good players plus 3 first rounders. They'll have no money, role players, or draft picks to improve their team in the long-run. I wouldnt do it.

Heat are gonna beast it up next year, especially since Wade is hiring a shooting coach to improve his jumpshot during the offseason.

Lakers are a wildcard.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2012 3:34:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 2:56:58 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Like I said, you were assuming all season that the Mavs would get D-Will. I never got my hopes up because frankly, it would be too good to be true :/

Mavs are in for a rough 2013 season.

If the Nets get Howard, they'll be a 4 or 5 seed in the East, but will never get better. They'd have to surrender all their other good players plus 3 first rounders. They'll have no money, role players, or draft picks to improve their team in the long-run. I wouldnt do it.
Plus the Magic are now exploring "other trade options" for Dwight.

Heat are gonna beast it up next year, especially since Wade is hiring a shooting coach to improve his jumpshot during the offseason.
lol...he's really starting to need one.

Lakers are a wildcard.

I think the biggest mistake the Mavs made was waiting for the D Will trade to go through before signing free agents to back him up. The Nets signed Joe Johnson. If they hadn't, I don't see Deron picking the Nets over Dallas.

I really hope the Lakers win next year so that Nash will get his ring. Miami probably will, but we will see.
Sapere Aude!
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2012 10:17:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Whose gonna get Elton Brand? Mavs have the money...
Back-up plan is currently Calderon. That's a pretty d-mn good back-up plan.

Lol at the Pacers getting a crappy deal. Ian Mahinmi for for Collison and Jones? And they're paying Sir Fouls-a-lot $4 million a year?!

Elton Brand a Maverick? Who else would be vying that hard for him?
Sapere Aude!
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:30:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/12/2012 10:17:33 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Whose gonna get Elton Brand? Mavs have the money...
Back-up plan is currently Calderon. That's a pretty d-mn good back-up plan.

Lol at the Pacers getting a crappy deal. Ian Mahinmi for for Collison and Jones? And they're paying Sir Fouls-a-lot $4 million a year?!

Elton Brand a Maverick? Who else would be vying that hard for him?

Brand is a decent player, but nothing special. Plus he is 33 years old.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 5:52:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 1:30:32 AM, stubs wrote:
At 7/12/2012 10:17:33 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Whose gonna get Elton Brand? Mavs have the money...
Back-up plan is currently Calderon. That's a pretty d-mn good back-up plan.

Lol at the Pacers getting a crappy deal. Ian Mahinmi for for Collison and Jones? And they're paying Sir Fouls-a-lot $4 million a year?!

Elton Brand a Maverick? Who else would be vying that hard for him?

Brand is a decent player, but nothing special. Plus he is 33 years old.
Doesn't matter. He only one has year left on his contract, which is why we got him. We're just setting ourselves up to have a ton of cap space for the freakin' amazing free agency next summer. Kaman, now Brand, Collison...all have 1-year deals with us.

I'd say Mavs are viable contenders for the 2014/15 Championship if they play the next free agency right.

And even you can't deny, $2.1 million for Elton Brand is a great deal.
Sapere Aude!