NFC East or North?

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 7:54:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
NFC North.

Packer, Bears and Lions should all be in playoff contention this year, and the Vikings might surprise if they get decent QB play.

NFC East has the Giants, nothing else really needs to be said about that.

The Redskins will probably only win 4 or 5 games with a rookie QB, no matter how well RG3 plays.

The Eagles will be better, and if Vick stays healthy they will probably will 10 or11 games.

The Cowboys seem to always underachieve. I think they go 8-8.

At the End of the year, I think the Packers and Bears both make the playoffs from the North, and the Lions will be in the hunt to the very last week. From the East I think it will be Giants and the Eagle, with the Cowboys and the Redskins already being out of it by week 13 or 14.

So I say the NFC North has better teams and will be a more competitive division. But I'm a Packers fan, so I'm entirely biased.

I think the NFC South will be more exciting to watch this year than the NFC East. The Falcons will rebound and make the playoffs, the Saints have something to prove and have the talent, and the Panthers will surprise everyone. If the Bucs get decent QB play, they should be able to still be in playoff contention late in the year.

The NFC West will be the worst div. in football again, with only the 9ers making the playoffs, and the remaining teams out of it well before the end of the season.
Debate.org Moderator
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2012 9:53:04 PM
At 7/22/2012 7:54:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
NFC North.

Packer, Bears and Lions should all be in playoff contention this year, and the Vikings might surprise if they get decent QB play.

Peterson would help too if he's healthy... Some people have Ponder as the worst QB in the league coming into the season. I don't know... it's going to be a long season for vikes fans. Ain't that right Ragnar...

Well they kicked azz in the playoffs but they seem to stink in the reg season and lot's of people don't have them doing much better than last year.

The Redskins will probably only win 4 or 5 games with a rookie QB, no matter how well RG3 plays.

The Eagles will be better, and if Vick stays healthy they will probably will 10 or11 games.

That's a big "if." That guy takes a POUNDING. I remember last year I saw him run in between two linebackers and they made a sandwich out of him. It was brutal. That guy is always limping around and taking damage.

Given the division they are in, yeah probably. On paper it should be similar to last year in this division, extremely competitive without anyone winning more than 10 games.

At the End of the year, I think the Packers and Bears both make the playoffs from the North, and the Lions will be in the hunt to the very last week. From the East I think it will be Giants and the Eagle, with the Cowboys and the Redskins already being out of it by week 13 or 14.

I agree.

So I say the NFC North has better teams and will be a more competitive division. But I'm a Packers fan, so I'm entirely biased.

Same here. I'm actually leaving to go apply at some bars right next to Lambeau right now. So check this out. I was playing guitar in front of the bars downtown the other night, and this guy and his girl come by and stop to hear me play. It was past bar-close so it was just us, and I played them a few songs and they tipped me and we started chatting. Turns out he is Frank Zombo (linebacker for the Packers). I was so nervous after that I could barely keep playing. The Packers are always out here mingling around in town and these types of stories are commonplace. I saw Mason Crosby out at a restaurant a few nights after he blew it for us against the Cards a few years back... served Ahman Green when I worked at Olive Garden and Favre came into the OG one time too but I didn't serve him. They look a lot smaller in person!

I think the NFC South will be more exciting to watch this year than the NFC East. The Falcons will rebound and make the playoffs, the Saints have something to prove and have the talent, and the Panthers will surprise everyone. If the Bucs get decent QB play, they should be able to still be in playoff contention late in the year.

Yeah the South looks interesting. Nobody really knows what is going to happen down there.

The NFC West will be the worst div. in football again, with only the 9ers making the playoffs, and the remaining teams out of it well before the end of the season.

Yeah still disappointing.

I'd say the Giants and Packers are a wash, the Bears and Eagles are a wash, and the Lions are better than Dallas but Washington is better than Minnesota. I think the NFC North comes out though because the East is only better because of the worst team and that doesn't mean much. The Lions, Bears, and Packers are just gonna tear it up this year. The only way I see that not happening is if the Bears o-line sucks a55 again. Cutler gets hit more than anybody and I'm a little perplexed as to why they took Shea Mclellin instead of a guard or tackle or something. I have a feeling they did it because they knew the Pack might take him and if you are the Bears you have to consider screwing us over in the draft because we are always so closely competitive each year. As a Pack fan, if Nick Perry doesn't shine it is gonna be another heart-breaker for us... it would be nice to see Mike Neal reach his potential as well. Not sure why we got rid of Cullen Jenkins... The Eagles now have the best d-line in the league and he's part of the reason why. Ours is questionable at best.
Rob
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 12:18:13 AM
At 7/22/2012 9:53:04 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 7/22/2012 7:54:21 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
NFC North.

Peterson would help too if he's healthy... Some people have Ponder as the worst QB in the league coming into the season. I don't know... it's going to be a long season for vikes fans. Ain't that right Ragnar...

Yeah it always comes down to how healthy any team is. Without Peterson, the Viking only win 2 or 3 games.

Well they kicked azz in the playoffs but they seem to stink in the reg season and lot's of people don't have them doing much better than last year.

Yeah, I don't see them winning more than 11 games. But they should have a lot of confidence coming into this season. Same as the Packers of 2 years ago. But just like the Packers of this past season I believe the Giants will be one and done in the playoffs. They are a top tier team, but they don't scare me. As long as the Packers D is better they can beat them in NY. That is a big IF though. (though the D couldn't really be worse) Nick Collins is a huge loss (and really sad, personally I really liked the guy, I hope his career isn't over)

That's a big "if." That guy takes a POUNDING. I remember last year I saw him run in between two linebackers and they made a sandwich out of him. It was brutal. That guy is always limping around and taking damage.

Yeah his play-style is brutal. They need a decent back-up. They should consider signing Mcnabb haha.

Given the division they are in, yeah probably. On paper it should be similar to last year in this division, extremely competitive without anyone winning more than 10 games.

I agree.

Same here. I'm actually leaving to go apply at some bars right next to Lambeau right now. So check this out. I was playing guitar in front of the bars downtown the other night, and this guy and his girl come by and stop to hear me play. It was past bar-close so it was just us, and I played them a few songs and they tipped me and we started chatting. Turns out he is Frank Zombo (linebacker for the Packers). I was so nervous after that I could barely keep playing. The Packers are always out here mingling around in town and these types of stories are commonplace. I saw Mason Crosby out at a restaurant a few nights after he blew it for us against the Cards a few years back... served Ahman Green when I worked at Olive Garden and Favre came into the OG one time too but I didn't serve him. They look a lot smaller in person!

That's awesome. I don't think I'd ever recognize Zombo on the street, and NFL players, while bigger than the average person, do blend in like anyone else. I bump into Brewers players occasionally at Milwaukee bars, and a few years ago I saw Leroy Butler at a Milwaukee mall food court. I probably wouldn't have noticed him, but he's one of my fav players of all time and is pretty recognizable. It was just surreal seeing him there, though I feel kinda bad interrupting his and his wife's lunch to shake his hand, but I knew I'd never have that chance again.

I also saw Michael Redd (Former Bucks player) in a Walgreens once.

Good luck applying at those bars.. I'll probably be up in Green Bay for a couple games this year, so I'll hit you up if I'm gona be around and your working.

Yeah the South looks interesting. Nobody really knows what is going to happen down there.

I'd say the Giants and Packers are a wash, the Bears and Eagles are a wash, and the Lions are better than Dallas but Washington is better than Minnesota. I think the NFC North comes out though because the East is only better because of the worst team and that doesn't mean much. The Lions, Bears, and Packers are just gonna tear it up this year. The only way I see that not happening is if the Bears o-line sucks a55 again. Cutler gets hit more than anybody and I'm a little perplexed as to why they took Shea Mclellin instead of a guard or tackle or something. I have a feeling they did it because they knew the Pack might take him and if you are the Bears you have to consider screwing us over in the draft because we are always so closely competitive each year. As a Pack fan, if Nick Perry doesn't shine it is gonna be another heart-breaker for us... it would be nice to see Mike Neal reach his potential as well. Not sure why we got rid of Cullen Jenkins... The Eagles now have the best d-line in the league and he's part of the reason why. Ours is questionable at best.

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully Nick Perry is the instant contributor like the scouts think he is, otherwise it'll be another long year for the D. Mathews needs an end that can free him up, otherwise there is no pass rush and the Pack will be in shootouts all year again.

"I'm a little perplexed as to why they took Shea Mclellin instead of a guard or tackle or something."

Right after reading this I was thinking exactly what you wrote in the next sentence. The Bears are notorious for picking players they believe the Packers have scouted and are going to take. It's part of the rivalry and it happens year after year.

I think the Packers are the favs to win the NFC this year, but I'm starting to get nervous about the 9ers. They were just a game from the superbowl, and Randy Moss is a huge addition to that offense.
Debate.org Moderator
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 12:16:52 AM
Yeah it always comes down to how healthy any team is. Without Peterson, the Viking only win 2 or 3 games.

No deviation towards the mean? It's hard to believe a team can suck that bad 2 years in a row... even in that division you figure they have to pick it up a little bit. Peterson is a once-in-a-generation halfback, I think he will surprise... at the very least he will be better than anything we have in the backfield!

Yeah, I don't see them winning more than 11 games. But they should have a lot of confidence coming into this season. Same as the Packers of 2 years ago. But just like the Packers of this past season I believe the Giants will be one and done in the playoffs. They are a top tier team, but they don't scare me. As long as the Packers D is better they can beat them in NY. That is a big IF though. (though the D couldn't really be worse) Nick Collins is a huge loss (and really sad, personally I really liked the guy, I hope his career isn't over)

It better be over! The real tragedy would be if he kept playing. His injury is like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode if he takes another hit like that. And knowing that, it's hard to believe he won't be holding back when trying to tackle.

Yeah his play-style is brutal. They need a decent back-up. They should consider signing Mcnabb haha.

Oh gawd Mcnabb sucks IMO... and I don't think he's looking for a back-up role although he better believe that's all he's worth. If the Eagles are as good at developing QBs as I hear then they should be doing that instead.

I agree.

That's awesome. I don't think I'd ever recognize Zombo on the street, and NFL players, while bigger than the average person, do blend in like anyone else. I bump into Brewers players occasionally at Milwaukee bars, and a few years ago I saw Leroy Butler at a Milwaukee mall food court. I probably wouldn't have noticed him, but he's one of my fav players of all time and is pretty recognizable. It was just surreal seeing him there, though I feel kinda bad interrupting his and his wife's lunch to shake his hand, but I knew I'd never have that chance again.

I also saw Michael Redd (Former Bucks player) in a Walgreens once.

Good luck applying at those bars.. I'll probably be up in Green Bay for a couple games this year, so I'll hit you up if I'm gona be around and your working.

My chances of actually ending up in one aren't that great (I'll be applying other places) but I can secure you some free parking right across from the stadium when you get here ($20 spot).

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully Nick Perry is the instant contributor like the scouts think he is, otherwise it'll be another long year for the D. Mathews needs an end that can free him up, otherwise there is no pass rush and the Pack will be in shootouts all year again.

"I'm a little perplexed as to why they took Shea Mclellin instead of a guard or tackle or something."

Right after reading this I was thinking exactly what you wrote in the next sentence. The Bears are notorious for picking players they believe the Packers have scouted and are going to take. It's part of the rivalry and it happens year after year.

Hence why they are so deeply hated in these parts. It's almost like they hurt themselves just to take us down with them lol... If Perry works out they will be kicking themselves!

I think the Packers are the favs to win the NFC this year, but I'm starting to get nervous about the 9ers. They were just a game from the superbowl, and Randy Moss is a huge addition to that offense.

He's getting old but a year off almost means he's a year younger because he hasn't been taking hits and the like. I sure hope he sucks this year. I could see the Eagles taking it as well. They are my second favorite team (a long second behind the Pack, from my Eastcoast days) and they sure are hungry for one, the 9ers and Pack have 9 trophies between them already. Must suck being possibly the best team in the NFC East ye
Rob