Dwight Howard 2 LA

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:22:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://espn.go.com...

The Lakers give up Bynum and a first rounder, which seems like a good deal, but is bad if Howard doesn't sign an extension and leaves for free agency after next season.

Still, they're gonna be pretty scary this year.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 9:56:57 PM
Honestly, I'd rather take Bynum and 1st round pick. Call me crazy.
I'd almost call Bynum the better big man. He's not, but he's up there.

Plus not sure how Dwight's surgery will affect his game.

But what an incredible Free Agency for LA.
Sapere Aude!
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 10:02:19 PM
At 8/9/2012 9:56:57 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

I don't entirely disagree, because Bynum can be just as good as Howard on any given game. But he's also inconsistent, especially against good teams, which you saw in the playoffs. Howard gets you 20 and 10 night in and night out.

Bynum also has had more injuries throughout his career. But yeah, maybe one or 2 more years of development and he can rival him.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 10:07:54 PM
At 8/9/2012 10:02:19 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

I don't entirely disagree, because Bynum can be just as good as Howard on any given game. But he's also inconsistent, especially against good teams, which you saw in the playoffs. Howard gets you 20 and 10 night in and night out.
But he can also step-up when the pressure is on him. Look at the games last season that Kobe had to it out. Bynum was getting sh*t tons of boards and 20+ points a night.

Bynum also has had more injuries throughout his career. But yeah, maybe one or 2 more years of development and he can rival him.
You're right about the consistency, though. I haven't watched that many Orlando games (the Mavs-Magic game last season was EPIC though! Dirk with another fade-away buzzer-beater!). But Dwight seems to read his opponent well in the paint.
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 10:09:03 PM
My team, the Magic, got screwed in the @ss. We could have gotten a better deal. But hey, at least we got SOMETHING.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 10:17:27 PM
The 76ers got a good deal out of it. They got Bynum and Jason Richardson in exchange for Iguodala. They can easily compensate for losing Andre with those 2.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 11:29:15 AM
At 8/9/2012 10:02:19 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

Bynum also has had more injuries throughout his career. But yeah, maybe one or 2 more years of development and he can rival him.:

Bynum is a lazy player. Shaq called him the best Big Man in the game right now, which I totally disagree with. Sure, he has decent stats, but Howard is the best Center in the game right now. Though I do agree that since he just had back surgery, he's unproven for the upcoming season.

All I know for certain is Orlando got nothing out of the deal, except saving its bankroll. Beyond that, they got jack sh*t out of it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 6:25:27 PM
At 8/10/2012 6:11:25 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Which team is better now: OKC or LA?

I can't call it now but slight advantage to OKC for having younger players.
#BlackLivesMatter
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 9:40:20 PM
Los Angeles Lakers got Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, and Pau Gasol (Didn't know how they pulled off keeping Pau). They got a good deal. Dwight Howard is much better than Andrew Bynum and Andrew can't carry the team when Kobe retires.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:05:52 PM
At 8/10/2012 6:25:27 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 8/10/2012 6:11:25 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Which team is better now: OKC or LA?

I can't call it now but slight advantage to OKC for having younger players.

LOL. Joking right? Lakers just made every other team look average in comparison. This team is composed of the best players from other teams.
Nash- Phoenix
World peace- Indiana & Houston
Gasol- Memphis
Howard- Magic

All those guys have led their teams to a playoff berth. Nash is a two time MVP, Dwight is a 3 time defensive player of the year, world peace is a defensive player of the year, Gasol led a poor grizzles team to the playoffs twice in the west! And a Spain team past team USA at the World championships.

Now you put Kobe there too, Iono how you can guard this team, your gonna have to develop some godly zone defense. Dwight Howard and Kobe both demand double teams. How do you think the Magic made so many 3's all the focus was on Dwight.

Not to mention their bench is pretty stacked.
Steve Blake
Chris Duhon
Matt Barnes
Antwan Jamison
Troy Murphy
ALL THESE GUYS, we're once legitimate starters for other teams.
HOW DO THE LAKERS AFFORD ALL OF THIS?!
Wasn't there a lockout to prevent this shyt from happening?!

I watch Kobe at the Olympics, KOBE IS STILL KOBE. He might be old but he's still probably the best SG in the game still.

LAKERS right now looks like total annihilation. OKC can't touch them, I highly doubt the HEAT can either.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:11:26 PM
The Lakers' bench on paper seems good, but in reality they played pretty badly last year. Jamison used to be somewhat decent, but is now old and way past his prime. Bench play will still be a weakness, but with their starting 5 it shouldnt matter.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:31:08 PM
At 8/11/2012 10:11:26 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
The Lakers' bench on paper seems good, but in reality they played pretty badly last year. Jamison used to be somewhat decent, but is now old and way past his prime. Bench play will still be a weakness, but with their starting 5 it shouldnt matter.

Their bench on any other team could still be potential starters. Jamison might be old but him just coming off the bench for like 10minutes is pretty good. The lakers bench are significantly better than most of the NBas bench rosters. Jamison might not be an all star anymore but if he was then the lakers would be undoubtedly unbeatable. I'm saying Jamison, Murphy, and Barnes will supply enough offense and give their starters enough time to rest without jeopardizing many leads.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 4:44:23 PM
Still more excited by the awesome new Mavs starting lineup...even if it has Darren instead of Deron and Kaman instead of Dwight.
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:48:41 PM
At 8/12/2012 4:44:23 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Still more excited by the awesome new Mavs starting lineup...even if it has Darren instead of Deron and Kaman instead of Dwight.

Your lineup is about as exciting as the lineup for the Portland Trail Blazers
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:23:28 AM
Dwight Howard Loyalty shirts anyone?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 4:36:38 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:06:56 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Dammit, JET.

Now you know a sixteenth of what I'm dealing with in Orlando with Dwight.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 4:42:43 PM
At 8/13/2012 4:36:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Dammit, JET.

Still love JET. Still think his number should be retired as a Maverick. Jason Eugene Terry...Miss him. But you think I'm mad at him for leaving? NO...
He wants another ring. We can't give that to him. Boston might. Without him, we wouldn't have won in 2011. Without Dwight, you guys would never have made it to the Finals. Stop blaming him for giving you guys success you would never have otherwise had.
-
And just to rub it in...

Dirk. Is. A. Boss.
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:30:38 PM
At 8/13/2012 4:42:43 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/13/2012 4:36:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:
Dammit, JET.

Still love JET. Still think his number should be retired as a Maverick. Jason Eugene Terry...Miss him. But you think I'm mad at him for leaving? NO...
He wants another ring. We can't give that to him. Boston might. Without him, we wouldn't have won in 2011. Without Dwight, you guys would never have made it to the Finals. Stop blaming him for giving you guys success you would never have otherwise had.
-
And just to rub it in...

Dirk. Is. A. Boss.

Dirk is the sh*t that came out of Wilt Chamberlain's @ss.
#FeeltheFreezerBern