Jump to topic:

Oh Dwight.

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 10:01:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is my overview over the Dwight Howard Conclusion, coming from a dedicated Orlando fan.

We loved you Dwight. You were the scrawny-turned Hulk from Georgia who had aspirations to one day become President of the United States. Dwight, you brought so much to the court in terms of basketball skill, but you also brought so much personality and flair to our Magic. You made it o funny for us.

What started last Fall, has turned into the apocalypse for Orlando. We went from a Top 4 seed in the East, to now a no playoff team. You made us fire our World Class coach, and our sh*tty GM (The one thing I give credit to Howard for).

Now, I can't bear to watch any more of Dwight Howard's highlights, his pranks, or his Stan Van Gundy impersonations without dying a little on the inside. You're dead to me Dwight. You're dead to me.

(Note: If ANY of you compare Dwight Howard to Wilt Chamberlain, as I am both a Wilt Chamberlain fan and an Orlando Fan, I will come to your house and rip your balls off. If you are a lady, I will go to your residence, and shove a wine bottle up your vagina.)
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:43:36 AM
Wow. What a terrible fan you are.

I still love JET even if he dumped us for Boston. He will always be awesome and should be retired as a Maverick. Steve Nash is still one of my favorite players. J Kidd will always be a Maverick.

Just because because you have a pathetic team with an even more pathetic organization, front office, and coaching staff doesn't mean you can blame the players for dumping a team that has ZERO chance of getting them what they want: a ring.

Why the hell would he stay in Orlando? What has Orlando ever done to advance Dwight's career?
Sapere Aude!
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:11:06 AM
At 8/11/2012 10:43:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
After what Dwight did to us, I have a right to be pretty PO'd at him
I still love JET even if he dumped us for Boston. He will always be awesome and should be retired as a Maverick. Steve Nash is still one of my favorite players. J Kidd will always be a Maverick.
None of them left the way Dwight left, causing us hell.
Just because because you have a pathetic team with an even more pathetic organization, front office, and coaching staff doesn't mean you can blame the players for dumping a team that has ZERO chance of getting them what they want: a ring.
Alright, imagine this. Imagine if Dirk wanted a trade to Minnesota, destroyed team chemistry, had Rick Carlisle and Donnie Nelson fired by Team Leaders because it was what Dirk wanted, and thought it would help their chances, you guys were trying to get Kevin Love AND wanted to get rid of your Sh*tty contracts, but couldn't pull off the trade because you would only get crap. You then traded Dirk to the New York Knicks, got close to nothing of value in return, when you get late 20 picks in the first round, and had no chance of the playoffs. All because of Dirk. You can't tell me you wouldn't be extremely pis$ed at Dirk
Why the hell would he stay in Orlando? What has Orlando ever done to advance Dwight's career?

With our coaching staff and training, we turned Dwight into a World Class player, brought Dwight to the finals, gave him a new building to call home, and the whole community of Orlando were the nicest and most supportive of Dwight. He was team legend. He had a chance to be the greatest Magic player and become legend. Instead, he became the third wheel in Los Angeles. We gave him a ton.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:33:43 AM
At 8/11/2012 11:11:06 AM, daytonanerd wrote:
At 8/11/2012 10:43:36 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
After what Dwight did to us, I have a right to be pretty PO'd at him
You have a right to. But he is the only reason your team existed for this long. He gave you 7 years. You guys gave him nothing. He has a right to be PO'ed at you guys.
None of them left the way Dwight left, causing us hell.
What!? J Kidd and JET leaving didn't cause us hell? Of course it did. I lost my second favorite player and our starting PG. JET leaving took away a lot of our depth.
Alright, imagine this. Imagine if Dirk wanted a trade to Minnesota, destroyed team chemistry, had Rick Carlisle and Donnie Nelson fired by Team Leaders because it was what Dirk wanted, and thought it would help their chances, you guys were trying to get Kevin Love AND wanted to get rid of your Sh*tty contracts, but couldn't pull off the trade because you would only get crap. You then traded Dirk to the New York Knicks, got close to nothing of value in return, when you get late 20 picks in the first round, and had no chance of the playoffs. All because of Dirk. You can't tell me you wouldn't be extremely pis$ed at Dirk
Don't blame Dwight for the incompetence of your front office. And Dirk isn't that selfish. But that's besides the point. I would completely understand if Dirk wanted to leave. The Mavs aren't winning another Championship in his career in all likelihood. He would still be the greatest Mav ever and we would still put up a statue of him in front of the AAC. He has given this team more than we could ever ask for. So has Dwight. Now you can blame him all you want, but do you think if you guys had put the right pieces around him and set him up to be a title contender that he would have left?

With our coaching staff and training, we turned Dwight into a World Class player, brought Dwight to the finals, gave him a new building to call home, and the whole community of Orlando were the nicest and most supportive of Dwight. He was team legend. He had a chance to be the greatest Magic player and become legend. Instead, he became the third wheel in Los Angeles. We gave him a ton.
And then you got rid of his support group. DO you honestly think the Magic would win a championship within 5 years had he stayed?
Sapere Aude!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:50:04 AM
After what Dwight did to us, I have a right to be pretty PO'd at him:

He didn't do anything to you, and he owes nothing to you or the City of Orlando. The NBA is a business (don't ever forget that). He could have just as easily been drafted by the Clippers, or the Nets, or whoever. You can't blame the player for wanting to leave, you need to blame the Magic franchize for not backing him up, just like you have to blame the Cavaliers for not backing up LeBron. Both those guys gave 7 years to their organizations, but their organizations failed them. Blame THEM not the players.

None of them left the way Dwight left, causing us hell.:

So, basically, stay in a miserable relationship for the sake of the kids? It's worse in the long run, for Dwight, the Orlando Magic, and the fans.

Alright, imagine this. Imagine if Dirk wanted a trade to Minnesota, destroyed team chemistry, had Rick Carlisle and Donnie Nelson fired by Team Leaders because it was what Dirk wanted, and thought it would help their chances, you guys were trying to get Kevin Love AND wanted to get rid of your Sh*tty contracts, but couldn't pull off the trade because you would only get crap. You then traded Dirk to the New York Knicks, got close to nothing of value in return, when you get late 20 picks in the first round, and had no chance of the playoffs. All because of Dirk. You can't tell me you wouldn't be extremely pis$ed at Dirk:

I'm not suggesting you should be happy for losing the best Center in the game (that must suck), but you're turning this on Dwight like he owes you anything. He owes you nothing. Again, blame the management who couldn't figure out how to back his @ss up.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:51:05 PM
Dwight had the pieces.
Jameer Nelson was an all star
Hedo Turkoglu was a good SG/SF
Jason Richardson was also good
Magic paid for Rashard Lewis who was an exceptional player he just quit
Magic actually tried to get Dwight real pieces, young pieces too, not like Cleveland.
Other pieces include
Pietrus
Gortat
Courtney Lee played well while he was there
Rafer Alston
The magic had the pieces to win a championship all those guys were in the prime of their careers.

J KIDD and Terry didn't put u guys through the Hell Dwight put Orlando through. J Kidd was thankful to the organization, he left with respect. Dwight just bitched moaned cried, stopped trying, lied to the fans saying he wanted to win here AFTER HE SIGNED TO STAY AND AVOID FREE AGENCY.

Plus J KIDD was never a true maverick star his career will always be highlighted by his efforts in New Jersey. You think Gary Payton will be remembered more for his bit part in Miamis championship or more for his life long career as the glove in Seattle. plus your mavericks understood that they built that team for a one year run. The team traded all it's youth for a shot at it. Dirk can be happy with just one, many players don't even get that one. Plus he got it before his skills faded, Boston's chances are dwindling but I bet you KG will stay in Boston, thankful he even got one.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:53:54 PM
Dwight went as far as faking an injury to force Orlando's hand. He signed the deal to not leave to guarantee himself all the money. A week later there were reports that he would need surgery and would miss the next season. I bet you he isn't gonna miss a single game now. Dwight played with Orlando and drained them in his final years there.