Jump to topic:

Who is the best dunker of all time?

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:19:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Saw your debate. You should win because you are a better debater than your opponent, but I don't think Jordan was a better dunker than Vince. Dunked over a 7 foot dude
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:32:56 PM
Vince Carter probably is the best dunker of all time. From all of the basketball sites I've seen ranking the best dunker of all time, they all pick Vince Carter 90% of the time as the GOAT.

Michael Jordan's appeal has more to do with his incredible total basketball ability than his dunking. The Human Highlight Film and Air Jordan are probably close seconds to Carter.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:41:44 PM
Dunking is "cool" in a bad-azz sort of way, but I don't really respect it in terms of athletic ability. It's pretty much just about being really tall (and having big hands to palm the ball). Yeah you have to jump high too, but that's not that great of an accomplishment in and of itself. Using your hand to stuff a ball through a hoop isn't exactly an amazing feat...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 1:56:12 AM
At 8/12/2012 9:41:44 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Dunking is "cool" in a bad-azz sort of way, but I don't really respect it in terms of athletic ability. It's pretty much just about being really tall (and having big hands to palm the ball). Yeah you have to jump high too, but that's not that great of an accomplishment in and of itself. Using your hand to stuff a ball through a hoop isn't exactly an amazing feat...

Black people pick what is "cool" and an "amazing feat," not you. Gawllll... SHEESHPLOSION!!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.