Jump to topic:

Joining Intrumurals: Footbal or Soccer

Jordan56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:42:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok so I am going back to college soon and decided that I would like to play a sport; either football or soccer.

The problem is I'm not good at any sports except for the few skills I gained in high school, so how can I prove that I am able to play on someones team if I have nothing to show for it.

Also, I would like your opinion on which sport I should choose. Soccer has more opportunities at my school. If your good enough you can be selected to play on the school team and travel with the team to a bunch of places around the country. Soccer also goes on for the whole semester. Football on the hand just has intramural teams so no traveling there but it seems like a much more fun sport. There is one big game against faculty, but that's it. Also football only runs the first half of the semester until the snow hits.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 12:59:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Start practicing!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Peaky
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 3:22:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd say choose Soccer because as you say you get to travel around the country, which will gain you experience you may be able to use later on in life. Also Soccer arguably demands less skill, as football is a lot more demanding game, that is a lot more technical and you need a high level of skill to play at a decent level.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2013 1:17:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/16/2012 8:42:19 AM, Jordan56 wrote:
Ok so I am going back to college soon and decided that I would like to play a sport; either football or soccer.

The problem is I'm not good at any sports except for the few skills I gained in high school, so how can I prove that I am able to play on someones team if I have nothing to show for it.

Also, I would like your opinion on which sport I should choose. Soccer has more opportunities at my school. If your good enough you can be selected to play on the school team and travel with the team to a bunch of places around the country. Soccer also goes on for the whole semester. Football on the hand just has intramural teams so no traveling there but it seems like a much more fun sport. There is one big game against faculty, but that's it. Also football only runs the first half of the semester until the snow hits.

play soccer, its a lot of fun