Jump to topic:

NFL 2012 Pre-Season Discussion

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 8:48:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Before any season, we don't really know what to expect. There are always so many busts and sleepers, both in terms of players and teams alike. It's near impossible to make accurate predictions. I remember 2 seasons ago the Broncos had a near perfect record for the first 8 weeks, then crumbled. Last season the Bills got off to an awesome start while the Pats struggled. Everyone questioned them - then they went off to the Superbowl. Not to mention the Giants were in the hot seat throughout the entire season. So on that note, I should mention that anything we say before the season begins is mere speculation and we cannot be hold accountable :P

Now for some predictions...

From the NFC I see the Cowboys, Bears, Saints, 49ers, Lions and Eagles going to the playoffs. Shockingly I don't have the Giants or Packers listed, but of course they could easily be on the list. I definitely think the NFC North and NFC East are the toughest divisions in football this year. Hands down.

As for the AFC, the Pats will easily best their division (as usual) and I think also stand above all the rest in the AFC. The other teams I see going to the playoffs are the Ravens, Texans, Raiders, Steelers and Chargers. I know the Chargers are kind of a random throw in, and I feel a little weird leaving KC out because I think the Chiefs are due for a break out season (and could easily best the Raiders and Chargers in their division). This is the part of the game that I think is very up in the air. However as of right now, the pre-season, it seems the Patriots or Texans are solid picks to go to the Superbowl so long as they can stay healthy. I don't have the slightest clue as to what teams from the NFC stand the best chance. The NFC looks a lot stronger of a division as of now.

One of the things I'm most excited about this season are to see the rookies, most notably Andrew Luck and RG3. I'm not particularly excited about Jake Locker, but we'll see. I'm curious to follow Brandon Weeden and the Browns (I dunno why). I think KC and the Raiders are going to be stronger than people expect. The Chargers are always so up in the air. I wonder what to make of the Falcons.

Of course the Sanchez/Tebow thing is going to be... a storyline, to say the least. I can't quite put my finger on why I see the Giants and Green Bay falling from grace either, but, I just do...
President of DDO
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 10:01:11 PM
At 8/18/2012 9:25:53 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/18/2012 9:14:19 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Was watching the Jet/Giants game. Tebow looks good.

26 - 3?

Blah. Preseason scores don't mean $hit. Tebow was throwing accurate passes and was poised in the pocket. He's no elite but Mark Sanchez's job is definitely on the line.
#BlackLivesMatter
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 10:04:37 PM
At 8/18/2012 10:01:11 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

26 - 3?

Blah. Preseason scores don't mean $hit. Tebow was throwing accurate passes and was poised in the pocket. He's no elite but Mark Sanchez's job is definitely on the line.

I hope they throw that mark spaz out the window. But he just got that big contract. I don't like the jets, nor Tebow.
kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 10:07:44 PM
At 8/18/2012 10:04:37 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/18/2012 10:01:11 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

26 - 3?

I hope they throw that mark spaz out the window. But he just got that big contract. I don't like the jets, nor Tebow.

I think people unfairly judge tebow because the media can't stop talking about him. He's a nice guy...might be a good quarterback someday but unfairly treated. I can see why you wouldn't like the Jets though. I hate the Giants.
#BlackLivesMatter
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 10:14:49 PM
At 8/18/2012 10:07:44 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

I think people unfairly judge tebow because the media can't stop talking about him. He's a nice guy...might be a good quarterback someday but unfairly treated.

Exactly, I don't like him because of all the hype. Plus I got into an arguement with three people who suggested "You need to support Tebow since you're a Christian."

I have respect for Tebow.
He's a good player with a big heart, but I hate when people wanna get political about football.
kfc
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 11:26:52 PM
How you could possibly not even include the Packers in the wildcard is preposterous. They have probably the best offense around, and the defense was not only drafted heavily (Perry, Worthy, Hayward) but Ted Thompson even went out and bought some veterans on the market (Hargrove and Saturday). Thompson is trading up with draft picks, picking the market clean, and basically going all-in this year (Hargrove is sitting the first 8 due to bounty-gate but perhaps the appeal will do something for that). He even signed Benson to help the running game and there's talk in the air of Colt McCoy for a back-up QB. This is the Pack's big chance, because lots of these awesome players we drafted and groomed aren't going to end their careers here, that's for sure (you can bet Rodgers will be here but we can't also afford Matthews, Nelson, Jennings, etc.).

You can bet whatever holes the Pack had will be plugged, and the Bears have serious O-line issues while the Lions have a very bad secondary. Urlacher might be over the hill this year as well, it's uncertain how his knee is going to hold up. Yes the Bears have offensive weapons now but the Packers' offense is still just amazing. Benson brings a presence up the middle and is a great blocker, so I suspect we are gonna have a bad-a55 QB draw play. Teams can't stack the box against Benson with the air attack we have, so he should have some good opportunities. The problem becomes how we get him the ball enough times to get him the momentum to do it.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 8:55:51 AM
Rob you know more about the Packers than I ever could. You make some good points about them addressing a bunch of problems, and seizing this opportunity while their roster is solid. You're right - they will probably make the playoffs. They're too good not to. But I still think they have their work cut out for them. Having a sexy team isn't enough, just like it wasn't last year (though they did address a lot of defensive issues). Look at the Giants - they barely had any star power whatsoever yet the G-men are scrappy and clawed their way to the Superbowl. I dunno if the Packers play that type of down and dirty football. They mostly seem polished and completely poised, and when they're not, they're not - though that's happened just a few times, at the worst possible times (unfortunately for them). However what I didn't consider as I compiled my list is the fact that Green Bay blew it last year despite having a team that was far and above the rest. For that they'll probably have a chip on their shoulder, particularly in the games that count later in the season.

But now I'm back to square 1. I really have NO idea what to expect out of the NFC. It's going to be a sh!t show in the East with the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys plus the North with Packers, Lions and Bears. I think the Lions are getting fed up and the Bears are too talented to just lie down. While the 49ers should easily take their division, in the South it'll be an interesting battle between the Saints and Falcons. The Saints are missing some players and their coach, while the Falcons have (in theory) a decent offense plus not too shabby of a defense. They tend to play in NOLA's shadow but shouldn't be slept on. The NFC is just going to be... interesting. And exciting. Last year I was more looking forward to the NFC playoff games and championship than I was the Superbowl.
President of DDO
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 9:48:11 AM
stop talking about the NFC please people... NINERS GOT THIS. In fact do we have to talk about anything? I already told you people NINERS GOT THIS.

We all know I am a true believer of the Niners, and I truly believe our unbelievably stacked defense and our incredible running game will be enough to repeat a Tampa bay, ravens Super Bowl win. This team is built the way it is, Alex smith is a game management quarterback, it would be great if he has improved great enough where he can be used more frequently. Frank gore, and Kendall hunter will be the guys for us. Our O-line if healthy will be really good this year with staley and iupati already top players in their positions.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:59:18 AM
At 8/19/2012 9:48:11 AM, Loserboi wrote:
stop talking about the NFC please people... NINERS GOT THIS. In fact do we have to talk about anything? I already told you people NINERS GOT THIS.

We all know I am a true believer of the Niners, and I truly believe our unbelievably stacked defense and our incredible running game will be enough to repeat a Tampa bay, ravens Super Bowl win. This team is built the way it is, Alex smith is a game management quarterback, it would be great if he has improved great enough where he can be used more frequently. Frank gore, and Kendall hunter will be the guys for us. Our O-line if healthy will be really good this year with staley and iupati already top players in their positions.

Danielle: the 49ers should easily take their division...

The Niners got gassed last year on on easy schedule. They got a good defense and good 0-line but what they lack is a QUARTERBACK. Smith will be lucky to be STARTING by the end of the year, never-mind winning any championships. He's so bad that he nearly got cut when Manning Senior was sniffing around town. If Peyton had snapped his fingers they would have kicked Smith out on his a55 and he'd be out there with Tim Tebow jogging in the rain with his shirt off to get some attention. Kaepernick might even have to take over for him if he doesn't stop sucking so badly (I'll be sure to remind you I told you so in a few months). Their runningbacks are falling apart with injuries and Randy Moss is just as likely to destroy the team with his ego as he is to help them out at all. Matt Flynn is gonna take the Seahawks and make the 49ers ancient history in the west.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 11:38:54 AM
At 8/19/2012 10:59:18 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
This. End of discussion.

The Niners got gassed last year on on easy schedule. They got a good defense and good 0-line but what they lack is a QUARTERBACK. Smith will be lucky to be STARTING by the end of the year, never-mind winning any championships. He's so bad that he nearly got cut when Manning Senior was sniffing around town. If Peyton had snapped his fingers they would have kicked Smith out on his a55 and he'd be out there with Tim Tebow jogging in the rain with his shirt off to get some attention. Kaepernick might even have to take over for him if he doesn't stop sucking so badly (I'll be sure to remind you I told you so in a few months). Their runningbacks are falling apart with injuries and Randy Moss is just as likely to destroy the team with his ego as he is to help them out at all. Matt Flynn is gonna take the Seahawks and make the 49ers ancient history in the west.

The Bengals, the Eagles, The Ravens, The Steelers, The would-be champion Giants, and The Lions. Notice how all but one of those teams went to the playoffs. Granted our new schedule is harder and we won't pull out 13 wins but the Niners will be back in the playoffs. And where do you get off calling Smith a bad QB? He's no Peyton fvcking Manning but he's not bad. Hell Lebron James looks bad if you compare him to Michael Jordan, which is pretty much who Peyton Manning is. Call him a game manager if you want but notice how his QB rating was almost 100. Notice how he had more yards per throw than Cam Newton. Notice how he tied Eli Manning for 7 fourth quarter comebacks. Ain't no game manager getting 7 4th quarter comebacks. Did you see that shootout between him and Brees? Man that wasn't football, that was goddamn poetry. It was like watching Leonardo paint the Mona Lisa. Even vs the Giants in the NFC championship, he played his @$$ off. He got away from the Giants front four. We just didn't have any receivers. We fixed that. And even without that we were 2 special teams mistakes away from playing in the Superbowl. We certainly didn't let them come into our home and spanks us around like some other 15-1 team....
#BlackLivesMatter
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 12:07:57 PM

LOL, that was hilarious

Let me point out that Matt Flynn already has competition for his starting job from Russell Wilson (how sad is that?)

I already said in the previous comment, Alex Smith is not going to be a superstar quarterback, but he has the opportunity and potential to be a lot better this season. He finally has consistency with an offensive coordinator and a head coach. He has the weapons around him to succeed; we have arguably the fastest tight end duos with Vernon Davis, and Delanie Walker. We have legitimate red zone threat Randy Moss, who has been reported to still have the capabilities to stretch the field. We have Crabtree who hopefully blossoms next season, and Kyle Williams who aside from his special teams blunders ( a position he wasn't even supposed to be in) is a speedy and solid receiver. Our offense's passing game is legitimate. Alex Smith has proven last year he can get it done when he really needs to. I'm not expecting him to put up 4000 yards and 20+TDs anytime soon. But if he just doesn't turn it over we are fine offensively.

What you mean our running game is falling apart? Frank Gore with the help of young and fast Kendall Hunter was able to complete a full season last year. It is unfortunate Brandon Jacobs was hurt his last preseason game,but when he returns our red-zone offense will be that much stronger.

Let me talk about your packers defense. Your Packers defense looks like it is still living in 2010, it is now 2012 buddy. The Green Bay defense is really over rated to me. Clay Matthews with some miracle and odd turn of events became a pro bowler last year when he had a mediocre season. Charles Woodson is old and because of this it seems like the Packers will move him to Safety next season to fill to role that left when they let go of All pro Nick Collins. With Charles Woodson gone you now lose a top quality, shutdown corner. Tramon Williams of 2010 did not show up for 2011 much like McCourty of the Pariots. your team overall ranked pretty low on the defensive side of the football. You guys couldn't keep Nick Barnett either and that did nothing to help your linebacking corp.

"Offense sells tickets, but Defense wins championships."

I am hoping and praying that our defense retains its level of dominance, like how the Steelers and the Ravens have been able to consistently rank in the top 5 defenses on a yearly bases. The talent we have of defense is phenomenal and they are all still young to go along with it.

Excellent pass rushing will come from Justin smith and Aldon Smith, not to mention Sapoaga jamming the middle with his fat a55.
Run Stoppage at the hands of All Pro 1st team selection linebackers of Willis and Bowman. Support from Haralson and Brooks as well.
Tarrell Brown and Carlos Rogers supplying a good secondary while being backed up by hard hitting safeties Dashon Goldson, and Donte Whitner (Hi Pierre Thomas).

O line- Iupati, and Staley are already known guys and top people within their positions at Tackle and Guard. Anthony Davis just keeps getting better every year.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 12:17:51 PM
At 8/19/2012 11:38:54 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
This. End of discussion.

The Bengals, the Eagles, The Ravens, The Steelers, The would-be champion Giants, and The Lions. Notice how all but one of those teams went to the playoffs.

Yeah and the rest of the teams were horrible. You guys won some good games in the season; after all, luck is part of the game.

Granted our new schedule is harder and we won't pull out 13 wins but the Niners will be back in the playoffs.

In the NFC West that's not saying much. They probably wouldn't make it if they switched places with the Vikings or Redskins.

And where do you get off calling Smith a bad QB?

He's pathetically inconsistent and probably won't last the season.

He's no Peyton fvcking Manning but he's not bad. Hell Lebron James looks bad if you compare him to Michael Jordan, which is pretty much who Peyton Manning is.

Yeah but even a decent mediocre QB isn't going to have his coach bail on him just because some veteran comes to town looking for a job.

Call him a game manager if you want but notice how his QB rating was almost 100.

90.7 is not "almost 100." In that case, I'm 31 and "almost 40" I guess.

Notice how he had more yards per throw than Cam Newton.

Oh please Newton accounted for 4700 yards as a rookie while Smith accounted for 3300. Mentioning Smith in the same breath as Newton is insulting.

Notice how he tied Eli Manning for 7 fourth quarter comebacks. Ain't no game manager getting 7 4th quarter comebacks.

Comebacks are one of the stupidest stats out there. If a QB blows a team out playing marvelously, it doesn't count as much as a bum like Smith stinking the place up for three quarters and then finally pulling it together at the end? Please...

Did you see that shootout between him and Brees?

Oh you mean the bottom-3 pass defense in the Saints? My grandmother could have lit them up in the pocket.

Man that wasn't football, that was goddamn poetry. It was like watching Leonardo paint the Mona Lisa.

It was like watching a bunch of baffoons let the Niners receivers do whatever they wanted to. The Saints, Packers, and Patriots had nothing to stop receivers last year.

Even vs the Giants in the NFC championship, he played his @$$ off. He got away from the Giants front four. We just didn't have any receivers. We fixed that. And even without that we were 2 special teams mistakes away from playing in the Superbowl.

Yeah every year there's half a dozen teams, if not more, that were 2 plays from making it big. That's football. Then I could say that if Crabtree and Finley didn't drop those passes against the Giants, those scoring drives would have continued and maybe the Pack repeats... that type of talk is useless.

We certainly didn't let them come into our home and spanks us around like some other 15-1 team....

Wow now you are going overboard. I might remind you that the team that got spanked just got off a 19-game winning streak, the second-best in NFL history I might add, that spanned two seasons and a SUPERBOWL win. The only way Smith gets a Superbowl ring is as a back-up when he gets traded to a different team - assuming the starter remains healthy.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 12:38:41 PM
At 8/19/2012 12:07:57 PM, Loserboi wrote:

I already said in the previous comment, Alex Smith is not going to be a superstar quarterback, but he has the opportunity and potential to be a lot better this season. He finally has consistency with an offensive coordinator and a head coach. He has the weapons around him to succeed; we have arguably the fastest tight end duos with Vernon Davis, and Delanie Walker. We have legitimate red zone threat Randy Moss, who has been reported to still have the capabilities to stretch the field. We have Crabtree who hopefully blossoms next season, and Kyle Williams who aside from his special teams blunders ( a position he wasn't even supposed to be in) is a speedy and solid receiver. Our offense's passing game is legitimate. Alex Smith has proven last year he can get it done when he really needs to. I'm not expecting him to put up 4000 yards and 20+TDs anytime soon. But if he just doesn't turn it over we are fine offensively.

We'll talk again when Kaepernick takes over.

What you mean our running game is falling apart? Frank Gore with the help of young and fast Kendall Hunter was able to complete a full season last year. It is unfortunate Brandon Jacobs was hurt his last preseason game,but when he returns our red-zone offense will be that much stronger.

You're offense is old. Jacobs and Gore are 60 years old between the two of them and have been work-horses for too long. Their injuries are coming at the point in their careers where they aren't gonna bounce back and keep producing like they were. Benson ain't any younger on the Pack but he is healthy and the Packers aren't depending on him. Moss and V Davis are old as sh!t too. The O-line is the only thing going for them... which is NICE don't get me wrong, that could be enough but it's gonna be a long shot to make all those pieces work all season long.

Let me talk about your packers defense. Your Packers defense looks like it is still living in 2010, it is now 2012 buddy. The Green Bay defense is really over rated to me. Clay Matthews with some miracle and odd turn of events became a pro bowler last year when he had a mediocre season. Charles Woodson is old and because of this it seems like the Packers will move him to Safety next season to fill to role that left when they let go of All pro Nick Collins. With Charles Woodson gone you now lose a top quality, shutdown corner.

Well sh!t we'll just put him on Randy Moss in week one and let those old fvcks battle it out!

Tramon Williams of 2010 did not show up for 2011 much like McCourty of the Pariots. your team overall ranked pretty low on the defensive side of the football. You guys couldn't keep Nick Barnett either and that did nothing to help your linebacking corp.

Williams had a shoulder injury all season long. He does not anymore. We've hit the draft and the market really hard for supplements to our defense and nobody, no matter how much they have studied the stats, can predict what is going to emerge on the defensive side of the ball for Green Bay. If Perry proves he can get to the passer, Matthews won't be double-teamed every play and we should see some more pressure on the opposing QB and less on our secondary. I will admit that is a big "if" though.

"Offense sells tickets, but Defense wins championships."

That's just a motto, nothing more. If that were true then teams would draft defense and forget about offense. Both are equally as important.

I am hoping and praying that our defense retains its level of dominance, like how the Steelers and the Ravens have been able to consistently rank in the top 5 defenses on a yearly bases. The talent we have of defense is phenomenal and they are all still young to go along with it.

Excellent pass rushing will come from Justin smith and Aldon Smith, not to mention Sapoaga jamming the middle with his fat a55.
Run Stoppage at the hands of All Pro 1st team selection linebackers of Willis and Bowman. Support from Haralson and Brooks as well.
Tarrell Brown and Carlos Rogers supplying a good secondary while being backed up by hard hitting safeties Dashon Goldson, and Donte Whitner (Hi Pierre Thomas).

O line- Iupati, and Staley are already known guys and top people within their positions at Tackle and Guard. Anthony Davis just keeps getting better every year.

Defenses tend to change in rankings. I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that the Ravens and Steelers are special, and as of now they stand alone in that respect. The Niners could join them, but they will have to put together back-to-back years in order to do it and that hasn't happened yet.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 12:48:35 PM
At 8/19/2012 12:17:51 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 8/19/2012 11:38:54 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
This. End of discussion.

The Bengals, the Eagles, The Ravens, The Steelers, The would-be champion Giants, and The Lions. Notice how all but one of those teams went to the playoffs.

Yeah and the rest of the teams were horrible. You guys won some good games in the season; after all, luck is part of the game.
Excuse me? Didn't the packers play....2 playoff teams? Are you serious?

Granted our new schedule is harder and we won't pull out 13 wins but the Niners will be back in the playoffs.

In the NFC West that's not saying much. They probably wouldn't make it if they switched places with the Vikings or Redskins.
No they still would.

And where do you get off calling Smith a bad QB?

He's pathetically inconsistent and probably won't last the season.
He's not inconsistent. He never had a consistent offense or a coach with faith in him. As soon as he gets both, he gets to the NFC championship game

He's no Peyton fvcking Manning but he's not bad. Hell Lebron James looks bad if you compare him to Michael Jordan, which is pretty much who Peyton Manning is.

Yeah but even a decent mediocre QB isn't going to have his coach bail on him just because some veteran comes to town looking for a job.
Peyton Manning is not "some veteran"!

Call him a game manager if you want but notice how his QB rating was almost 100.

90.7 is not "almost 100." In that case, I'm 31 and "almost 40" I guess.
Yes you are, old man. and 90.7 is almost 100. and 90.7 is above average.

Notice how he had more yards per throw than Cam Newton.

Oh please Newton accounted for 4700 yards as a rookie while Smith accounted for 3300. Mentioning Smith in the same breath as Newton is insulting.
Yeah because he lost a lot of games. Of course he's going to get that many yards if he doesnt have a run game and is trying to play catch up. How many wins did he have?

Notice how he tied Eli Manning for 7 fourth quarter comebacks. Ain't no game manager getting 7 4th quarter comebacks.

Comebacks are one of the stupidest stats out there. If a QB blows a team out playing marvelously, it doesn't count as much as a bum like Smith stinking the place up for three quarters and then finally pulling it together at the end? Please...
WHOA! You called him a game manager. So the game wasn't in his hands for the first three quarters was it? But once the game was in his hands he got the W. end of story

Did you see that shootout between him and Brees?

Oh you mean the bottom-3 pass defense in the Saints? My grandmother could have lit them up in the pocket.
Right. And who were worse than them? OH RIGHT THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Man that wasn't football, that was goddamn poetry. It was like watching Leonardo paint the Mona Lisa.

It was like watching a bunch of baffoons let the Niners receivers do whatever they wanted to. The Saints, Packers, and Patriots had nothing to stop receivers last year
And still don't.

Even vs the Giants in the NFC championship, he played his @$$ off. He got away from the Giants front four. We just didn't have any receivers. We fixed that. And even without that we were 2 special teams mistakes away from playing in the Superbowl.

Yeah every year there's half a dozen teams, if not more, that were 2 plays from making it big. That's football. Then I could say that if Crabtree and Finley didn't drop those passes against the Giants, those scoring drives would have continued and maybe the Pack repeats... that type of talk is useless.
No you're talking hypothetical situations. I'm saying our defense was holding and making Manning look like an @ss. The guy fumbles twice on punts! One to give them the lead which we had to go down the field receiverless and still managed a field goal. Then he gets stripped in overtime, when any half-brain return man would have called the fair catch. I give Giants the victory but maaan we were close. Closer than the Packers.

We certainly didn't let them come into our home and spanks us around like some other 15-1 team....

Wow now you are going overboard. I might remind you that the team that got spanked just got off a 19-game winning streak, the second-best in NFL history I might add, that spanned two seasons and a SUPERBOWL win. The only way Smith gets a Superbowl ring is as a back-up when he gets traded to a different team - assuming the starter remains healthy.
Oh yeah that big win streak that was stopped by the big bad ferocious....Kansas City Chiefs? Hang on.......that.....that can't be right can it? Can somebody check and see who the Packers loss to last year? I think the google machine is broken or something.
#BlackLivesMatter
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 1:55:12 PM
Ron Peyton manning is not some veteran looking for a job. Some old veteran would not make the kind of money manning is currently making.

Vernon Davis is only 28 these are his prime years of production. Frank gore I have addressed this, we now have Kendall hunter who has break away speed and youth to take over if needed. Kaepernick is not going to start I would be extremely disappointed if he did. I was extremely disappointed when we even drafted him. Matt Flynn is really showing how the weapons were the reason he had a glimpse of success in green bat while he disappoints the Seahawks.

Moss is old but he still has his size and considerable speed. Moss should be the OCHOCINCO of last year in terms of outspoken ness, abysmal.

I'm relying on our defense, not Alex smith. I have said this already.

People do invest in defense. The giants defense were bigger part of those wins then Eli Manning. Eli Manning did not scare teams more than the pass rush they had when they won both super bowls.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 3:21:19 PM
The Giants did not "rely on defense" they had the best receiving corps in the NFL, an elite QB, and decent RBs. Until Ballard got hurt they had a decent TE too.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 4:13:43 PM
At 8/19/2012 3:21:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
The Giants did not "rely on defense" they had the best receiving corps in the NFL, an elite QB, and decent RBs. Until Ballard got hurt they had a decent TE too.

I never said the Giants relied on their defense. I said I am relying on the 49ers defense. The Giants did not have the best receiving corp. Tom Brady did Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, is a much better receiving corp than Nicks, Cruz and Manningham. If you are just talking WRs then MAYBE. Eli Manning was not considered Elite till the end of last year. Nobody even heard of Victor Cruz till the end of last year. For all we know Victor Cruz can be another Steve Smith(former Giants) one hit wonder. The Giant's slot receivers usually perform well.

Teams did not fear the giants offense as much as they feared the giants defense that's the point I'm trying to make.
Jason Pierre Paul, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyora, and Kiwanuka just too much to deal with at one time for an offensive line.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 4:49:51 PM
At 8/19/2012 4:13:43 PM, Loserboi wrote:
At 8/19/2012 3:21:19 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I never said the Giants relied on their defense. I said I am relying on the 49ers defense. The Giants did not have the best receiving corp. Tom Brady did Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, is a much better receiving corp than Nicks, Cruz and Manningham. If you are just talking WRs then MAYBE.

I was talking just wideouts and slot receivers. With TE involved then yes the Pats, Saints, and Packers are in the discussion as well.

Eli Manning was not considered Elite till the end of last year. Nobody even heard of Victor Cruz till the end of last year. For all we know Victor Cruz can be another Steve Smith(former Giants) one hit wonder. The Giant's slot receivers usually perform well.

Teams did not fear the giants offense as much as they feared the giants defense that's the point I'm trying to make.
Jason Pierre Paul, Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyora, and Kiwanuka just too much to deal with at one time for an offensive line.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 7:17:51 PM
I agree that the Niners are good to go. Orange's post was LOL and kinda spot on. The Niners easily take their division. I would put Alex Smith up against Matt Flynn, and Smith has more weapons. I noticed nobody mentioned the Giants additions to the Niners: Manningham (WR) and Brandon Jacobs (RB). Granted they aren't starters, but they're not scrubs either -- I certainly wouldn't mind having them as back-ups. If the defense can hold teams to low scoring games, I think the Niners can pull it off. I'm not sure they win the NFC Championship if they get that far, but it'll be close.
President of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:12:02 PM
At 8/19/2012 9:46:53 PM, Koopin wrote:
I can't wait till the Pats vs 49ers game. The AFC sucks, ergo the Pats have a crazy easy schedule.

Pats have easiest schedule in NFL this year. Because, you know, they deserve an easy schedule after dominating the league for over a decade and just coming off an AFC Championship win...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:14:26 PM
At 8/19/2012 10:12:02 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I can't wait till the Pats vs 49ers game. The AFC sucks, ergo the Pats have a crazy easy schedule.

Pats have easiest schedule in NFL this year. Because, you know, they deserve an easy schedule after dominating the league for over a decade and just coming off an AFC Championship win...

And guess who has tix to see them pwn the Titans!
kfc
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:47:10 PM
At 8/19/2012 10:14:26 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 8/19/2012 10:12:02 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

And guess who has tix to see them pwn the Titans!

Nicholas Cage?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:27:50 AM
Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson
If you guys haven't heard Russell Wilson is now in serious competition for Matt Flynns job. Russell Wilson has been outplaying Flynn. Carroll is strongly considering starting Wilson if he outplays Flynn in the upcoming pre season games. The winner of those pre season performances with start in the season opener.

If Flynn fails it just goes to show, you can't sign a guy based on one spectacular performance.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 9:30:14 AM
At 8/22/2012 4:27:50 AM, Loserboi wrote:

If Flynn fails it just goes to show, you can't sign a guy based on one spectacular performance.

+1
kfc