Jump to topic:

Live Games

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:01:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The cost of NFL tickets seems unreasonable. If supply and demand determines prices, who are all these people that can afford to pay $200 per ticket?! The cheapest I've come across were $170 - not including taxes and fees - for nosebleed seats. That's crazy. Personally, I don't like watching football games live. I can never see what's going on regardless of where my seats are. I have to rely on watching the big (far away) screens anyway. I get an infinitely better view of the action when I watch from home - not to mention new HD and recording features have made the experience viewing at home even better.

Moreover, a lot of the games during the season take place during the fall/winter when it's freezing cold. Why pay hundreds to stand outside for hours at time and not even be able to see the game? I was about to buy tickets just now bc my gf has never been to a live game, and I thought tail gating could be fun... but I'd rather drink and eat with friends at home for free and actually watch/enjoy the game, and buy her something else that she wants - like jewelry or an iPad - that will last a lot longer, and require less effort and stress.

Don't forget that when you go to the games, you have to account for traffic, large crowds of drunk people, ridiculously hiked up prices at concession stands, parking fees, etc. It's just not worth it. I'm curious as to why people think it is. At the end of the day, it IS just a game (that you can still watch). Assuming most people don't buy 1 ticket -- they also buy them for their partner or kids -- why not invest that money elsewhere? Buying mediocre tickets for my gf and I, with all costs included would wind up costing me about $500. I'm a HUGE football fan, but lol... no.
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:53:03 AM
$80 lower level seats to the Patriots opener FTW!!!!

But seriously. I can't buy tickets at normal price. It is truly retarded to pay hundreds of dollars just to see a game when you can see the entire thing at home for free. They keep saying that they are trying to fill seats buy attracting costumers with WIFI or bigger screens. GO DOWN ON YOUR DARN PRICES!

The only way I was able to get a cheap tickets is through ticketechange. I was going to pay more than that for a nose bleeder through the NFL ticket site.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 10:53:58 AM
At 8/29/2012 10:53:03 AM, Koopin wrote:
$80 lower level seats to the Patriots opener FTW!!!!

But seriously. I can't buy tickets at normal price. It is truly retarded to pay hundreds of dollars just to see a game when you can see the entire thing at home for free. They keep saying that they are trying to fill seats by attracting costumers with WIFI or bigger screens. GO DOWN ON YOUR DARN PRICES!

The only way I was able to get a cheap tickets is through ticketechange. I was going to pay more than that for a nose bleeder through the NFL ticket site.

fixed.
kfc
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 11:17:58 AM
At 8/29/2012 10:01:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
The cost of NFL tickets seems unreasonable. If supply and demand determines prices, who are all these people that can afford to pay $200 per ticket?! The cheapest I've come across were $170 - not including taxes and fees - for nosebleed seats. That's crazy. Personally, I don't like watching football games live. I can never see what's going on regardless of where my seats are. I have to rely on watching the big (far away) screens anyway. I get an infinitely better view of the action when I watch from home - not to mention new HD and recording features have made the experience viewing at home even better.

My giants tickets are about 95 bucks a game.. Thats up from 85 in the old stadium.. and they made us pay 2 grand licensing fee a seat when they built the new stadium... and Parking is like 15 bucks.

I like watching football live because you can see the whole play develop simultaneously.

Moreover, a lot of the games during the season take place during the fall/winter when it's freezing cold. Why pay hundreds to stand outside for hours at time and not even be able to see the game? I was about to buy tickets just now bc my gf has never been to a live game, and I thought tail gating could be fun... but I'd rather drink and eat with friends at home for free and actually watch/enjoy the game, and buy her something else that she wants - like jewelry or an iPad - that will last a lot longer, and require less effort and stress.

It's called Donuts, bagels and coffee, early games on tv, sandwiches, going to game, Dinner and Booze

Don't forget that when you go to the games, you have to account for traffic, large crowds of drunk people, ridiculously hiked up prices at concession stands, parking fees, etc. It's just not worth it. I'm curious as to why people think it is. At the end of the day, it IS just a game (that you can still watch). Assuming most people don't buy 1 ticket -- they also buy them for their partner or kids -- why not invest that money elsewhere? Buying mediocre tickets for my gf and I, with all costs included would wind up costing me about $500. I'm a HUGE football fan, but lol... no.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 11:21:03 AM
At 8/29/2012 10:01:15 AM, Danielle wrote:
Don't forget that when you go to the games, you have to account for traffic, large crowds of drunk people, ridiculously hiked up prices at concession stands, parking fees, etc. It's just not worth it

You don't catch traffic if you go early and leave late..

or pay high prices when you smuggle in sandwiches ;)

however, if it weren't for pretty much all my dad's family going all the time, I probably wouldn't go very much either... it is expensive.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2012 3:58:55 PM
I never been to a live 49ers game but I don't think the tickets were 100 for nosebleeds. But I would assume it is hell going to candlestick. Such a huge as arena and only one exit out of the parking lot. LOL
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 6:33:22 AM
The Browns should pay me to see their games.

But to the original question: People will spend their money on what makes them happy. If they end up getting seats where they cannot see, or have annoying fans sitting near them, it's still caveat-emptor. (Plus, most teams have a 3-D view camera/map available during the ticket-ordering process (BEFORE purchase), if done online.)

Basically, people will spend their money how they want; if saving to go to a football game seems like a worthy investment (either emotionally, spiritually, financially, logically, however) for any particular person---more power to him or her. If it doesn't seem like a worthy investment, then (s)he should order DirecTV Sunday Ticket, which is freaking fantastic.