Jump to topic:

Packers v. 49ers

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:13:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I want everyone's predictions. I'm going with the Pack. *gasp* McCarthy has a five season-long opening-day winning streak going. Rodgers came out of the gates blasting last year, lighting up the Saints for three TDs in the first quarter. The Niners D is good, but I don't think God himself is going to keep Rodgers out of that end-zone on the opening drive. I can't see Benson producing much against that SF run D but I'm hoping the Packers will be able to get some QB draws with Benson going.

The man everyone will be looking at in GB will be Nick Perry. If this guy can put the pressure on the QB that we are hoping and praying he can, then double-teaming Matthews every play won't be a sure way to get rid of the ball every time. But I really don't see Smith throwing it too much this game; Frank Gore is the only one that can with this game for them - by keeping Rodgers off the field.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:45:51 AM
27-17 Packers

Alex Smith's 2 Ints are too much for the 9ers to make up late in the game as the Packers D stifles the 9er offense in the 4th quarter.

Ced Benson runs for 60 yards and a TD on 18 carries.

A-rod throws for 2 scores.

Mike McCarthy eats a sandwich at half time.
Debate.org Moderator
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:46:55 AM
At 9/7/2012 1:45:51 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Mike McCarthy eats a sandwich at half time.

He seems like more of a polish sausage kind of guy.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:02:24 AM
It is tough to call anything but the Packers.

The Packers will not be able to run a lick. That leaves Rogers and his arm to do the work. The only way to get him to struggle is to have a h of a pass rush. Even then he is going to pick apart the secondary every 3rd or 4th drive.

49'ers would need to:
1. Get the pass rush going and just minimize Rogers damage.
2. On offense they need to score over 25 to have hopes of winning.
3. They need to minimize turn overs. That green bay secondary may be in the crapper, but they are really good at interceptions and causing turnovers. That is dangerous as when it gets in the hands of Rogers, it is how teams loose.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 12:59:56 PM
Haters

49ers will win I'm predicting

49ers will win 17-14 over the packers with mason Crosby missing the game tying field goal from 40 something yards out.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:24:53 PM
At 9/7/2012 12:59:56 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Haters

49ers will win 17-14 over the packers with mason Crosby missing the game tying field goal from 40 something yards out.

The Koopin knows all, and he knows 100% the Packers shall win.
kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:29:39 PM
Are you people on drugs? Alex Smith only threw 5 ints the whole season and now he's going to throw 2? And the Niners D which went 36 games, that's 2 straight seasons without allowing a 100 yard rusher and 15 straight games, an NFL record, without allowing a rushing touchdown. But they are going to completely fold against Ced Benson? Do you actually know football or do you just regurgitate popular opinion? You're going to blitz Alex? Ask Greg Roman why that's a bad idea. Now your football people. You keep talking about Randy Moss. Why? Why are you completely ignoring our most dangerous weapon. GB DOES NOT have an answer for #85 Vernon Davis. That man is faster than most cornerbacks and can jump over them too. How good was that GB pass defense? 2nd worse. I hope GB is stupid enough to focus too hard on shutting down Randy Moss. Let's go back to defense though. Aldon Smith. This kid tied the NFL record for most sacks by a rookie. And did not start a single game. Justin Smith. A man so brutally strong he doesn't need to shed his block to get a sack. Justin Smith is a human cheat-code. He is 300 pounds of muscle and judging by the way he darts around, I don't think mass and inertia were properly explained to him. He has so much wild animal meat inside him at any time, that bears unsheath their penis bones when his scent catches the wind. Justin Smith is exactly what you would use if you were making an army of super clone soldiers, which explains why his outgoing voicemail message is, "I am one of you, ordinary human. You can tell me where the resistance is hiding after the beep."
Did you see what he did to Drew Brees? He threw him down, punched him down, and scientists everywhere started calling each other, trying to figure out which of their colleagues had finally figured out how to turn into the Hulk. Patrick Willis? Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the game. He tends to whack his opponents like his mother just deleted his save game. The NFL created new rules just for him. This never really mattered since a sloppy half-hit from P Willis is an extinction level event for spinal fluid. He has more muscles in his forearms than a clown has in his four freezers. I hope Benson doesn't run straight at him. That has all the foresight of going to an Alabama family reunion without a condom

Fact:The Packers won 15 games last year and loss only 2. Fact: No team they faced was a top ten D. Fact: It would not suprise me in the slightest if they won but you people are talking about it as if it's a forgone conclusion.
#BlackLivesMatter
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:45:18 PM
At 9/7/2012 1:29:39 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Are you people on drugs? Alex Smith only threw 5 ints the whole season and now he's going to throw 2? And the Niners D which went 36 games, that's 2 straight seasons without allowing a 100 yard rusher and 15 straight games, an NFL record, without allowing a rushing touchdown. But they are going to completely fold against Ced Benson? Do you actually know football or do you just regurgitate popular opinion? You're going to blitz Alex? Ask Greg Roman why that's a bad idea. Now your football people. You keep talking about Randy Moss. Why? Why are you completely ignoring our most dangerous weapon. GB DOES NOT have an answer for #85 Vernon Davis. That man is faster than most cornerbacks and can jump over them too. How good was that GB pass defense? 2nd worse. I hope GB is stupid enough to focus too hard on shutting down Randy Moss. Let's go back to defense though. Aldon Smith. This kid tied the NFL record for most sacks by a rookie. And did not start a single game. Justin Smith. A man so brutally strong he doesn't need to shed his block to get a sack. Justin Smith is a human cheat-code. He is 300 pounds of muscle and judging by the way he darts around, I don't think mass and inertia were properly explained to him. He has so much wild animal meat inside him at any time, that bears unsheath their penis bones when his scent catches the wind. Justin Smith is exactly what you would use if you were making an army of super clone soldiers, which explains why his outgoing voicemail message is, "I am one of you, ordinary human. You can tell me where the resistance is hiding after the beep."
Did you see what he did to Drew Brees? He threw him down, punched him down, and scientists everywhere started calling each other, trying to figure out which of their colleagues had finally figured out how to turn into the Hulk. Patrick Willis? Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the game. He tends to whack his opponents like his mother just deleted his save game. The NFL created new rules just for him. This never really mattered since a sloppy half-hit from P Willis is an extinction level event for spinal fluid. He has more muscles in his forearms than a clown has in his four freezers. I hope Benson doesn't run straight at him. That has all the foresight of going to an Alabama family reunion without a condom

Fact:The Packers won 15 games last year and loss only 2. Fact: No team they faced was a top ten D. Fact: It would not suprise me in the slightest if they won but you people are talking about it as if it's a forgone conclusion.

So much quotable content in this one post.....
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:14:02 PM
At 9/7/2012 8:02:24 AM, slo1 wrote:
It is tough to call anything but the Packers.

The Packers will not be able to run a lick.

They'll put a run in each drive to keep them true, and happily pass it with success.

That leaves Rogers and his arm to do the work. The only way to get him to struggle is to have a h of a pass rush. Even then he is going to pick apart the secondary every 3rd or 4th drive.
49'ers would need to:
1. Get the pass rush going and just minimize Rogers damage.
2. On offense they need to score over 25 to have hopes of winning.
3. They need to minimize turn overs. That green bay secondary may be in the crapper, but they are really good at interceptions and causing turnovers. That is dangerous as when it gets in the hands of Rogers, it is how teams loose.

"Stat you should know: Turnovers. Both teams finished with an NFL-high 38 takeaways on defense last year. The Packers led the league in interceptions (31), while the 49ers led the league in fumbles recovered (15). San Francisco's plus-28 turnover differential in 2011 was the highest in the league, while Green Bay's plus-24 differential was second. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it was the first time since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger that two teams each posted turnover differentials of plus-24 or better in the same season." - CBS Sports
Beliefs in a nutshell:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:25:45 PM
Just got tickets to this game. I Never thought that would happen... But I'm super stoked, I've never been to opening day before. It's gona be awesome, especially at Lambeau.

Watch for me on TV, I'll be the white guy wearing green and gold.

GO PACKERS!!!
Debate.org Moderator
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:13:29 PM
At 9/7/2012 12:59:56 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Haters

Crosby's always been a statistically good kicker but that guy makes some spectacular misses... I was at family night a few weeks ago and he was missing them over and over again it was pretty embarrassing, actually. He hit 1 for 4 over 60 yards, but even before they pushed him out that far he missed a bunch of them.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:20:10 PM
At 9/7/2012 8:25:45 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Just got tickets to this game. I Never thought that would happen... But I'm super stoked, I've never been to opening day before. It's gona be awesome, especially at Lambeau.

GO PACKERS!!!

I can get you a parking spot by the door if you want to save $20.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:21:04 PM
At 9/7/2012 9:20:10 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

I'd like to save $20... where is this door?
Debate.org Moderator
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:22:36 PM
At 9/7/2012 9:21:04 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

lol, you're gonna get raped.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:07:03 AM
At 9/7/2012 9:22:36 PM, Koopin wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

For $20? Not that bad...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 6:11:46 PM
At 9/8/2012 5:07:31 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
No rebuttals? Figures....

lol, you're acting like this is a debate about your mother.
kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 6:50:05 PM
At 9/8/2012 6:11:46 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/8/2012 5:07:31 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
No rebuttals? Figures....

lol, you're acting like this is a debate about your mother.

I bleed red and gold so its close.
#BlackLivesMatter
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:34:37 PM

GO PACKERS!!!

Across from the Packers' Pro Shop (North side of the Stadium).
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:10:22 PM
At 9/8/2012 1:07:03 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

For $20? Not that bad...

I mean, even if he's not great in the sack, $20 for a rape is pretty cheap. Almost a steal.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:53:19 PM
At 9/8/2012 9:10:22 PM, Zaradi wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

For $20? Not that bad...

I mean, even if he's not great in the sack, $20 for a rape is pretty cheap. Almost a steal.

You're still paying way too much for your rapes. I know a guy who'll do them for free.
#BlackLivesMatter
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:02:04 PM
At 9/8/2012 9:53:19 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

For $20? Not that bad...

You're still paying way too much for your rapes. I know a guy who'll do them for free.

Alex Smith?
kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:14:01 PM
At 9/8/2012 10:02:04 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/8/2012 9:53:19 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

GO PACKERS!!!

For $20? Not that bad...

Alex Smith?

I was actually thinking me but A.Smith does a good raping too. Just ask the saints secondary.
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 6:21:02 PM
At 9/9/2012 6:07:46 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Punt return. Now its a game :)

Illegal punt return! Oh we just got a pick!
#BlackLivesMatter