Jump to topic:

Week 2 Baltimore v. Philidelphia

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 10:35:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Right now I can't think of a more coin-flip game than this. What do you think is gonna go down?

Personally, I probably buy Ravens winning it, if by not much. The Eagles, under Vick, have a decent-to-good offense, but the Raven's also have an outstanding defense under Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Flaco and the Raven's offense looked explosive in Week 1, so they may be a contender. Really, personally I think it's going to come down to if the Eagles defense can stop the Raven's offense. If they can do that, then Vick will probably have a shot at winning it. But this game is either going to be really high scoring (two good offenses having a shoot-out), or really low-scoring (both defenses playing excellent). I can't see one side getting blown out by the other.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 10:49:04 PM
Michael Vick just isn't a good enough passer. He's historically completed around 55%. He did complete 62% in 2010, and good for him, but after throwing 14 picks last year and having that number drop by 3%, thats looking like a one-hit wonder. Vick also didn't show anything in week 1 that indicated otherwise, and the Ravens' defense is much better than the Cleveland Clowns.

Although I've never been a fan of Joe Flacco either, but he had a good week 1. So I see the Ravens then having a big advantage in the pass game, and therefore the run game.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 1:27:07 AM
At 9/12/2012 1:13:23 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Steelers or Jets? Help me with that one.

Go with the home team here.. Steelers by 6
Debate.org Moderator
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 11:50:26 AM
Ravens, obviously.

Steelers.

I still don't believe in the Jets yet. They have to win this game in order to prove that they are here to play.
kfc
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 11:48:52 PM
At 9/11/2012 10:37:46 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Zaradi watches football?

xD OH MY GOD! IT'S A MIRACLE!
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 11:55:47 PM
At 9/11/2012 10:49:04 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
Michael Vick just isn't a good enough passer. He's historically completed around 55%. He did complete 62% in 2010, and good for him, but after throwing 14 picks last year and having that number drop by 3%, thats looking like a one-hit wonder. Vick also didn't show anything in week 1 that indicated otherwise, and the Ravens' defense is much better than the Cleveland Clowns.

To argue against this, since I believe Vick is at least good for SOMETHING besides killing dogs, people do have off-games, but also more that I think he's a sporatic playmaker. I feel the way he plays, at least this is how I feel the more and more I watch him, if you have statistics to prove me wrong I'd welcome them because I don't know as much about football as I like to boast sometimes, he is more effective whenever there's really pressure on him and he's forced to make drastically quick choices. Give him all the time in the pocket a QB needs, and he's gonna choke. So if the Ravens get pressure on him like I think they will, we might see a good Vick come out and have a great game. Either that or he's gonna hit the dirt a helluvalot, which is also very possible. But I don't feel that he's entirely incompetent. I don't really trust first week games as end-all-be-all of team/player skill. We saw the defending superbowl Giants get their keesters whooped by the Lame-wad Cowgirls (and I live 30 minutes away from Jerry-world, which is saying something). It's the first week. Sure if they keep performing at the sub-optimum level through Week 4 or 5, then you may have a valid point. But Week One? Give them some slack. Shesh.

Although I've never been a fan of Joe Flacco either, but he had a good week 1. So I see the Ravens then having a big advantage in the pass game, and therefore the run game.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 12:30:43 AM
At 9/12/2012 11:55:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I don't really trust first week games as end-all-be-all of team/player skill.

Me neither. His week 1 performance was a minimal part of the argument. My main argument was that he has always been a mediocre passer (aside from 2010). His career completion average is 56%.

He has 113 career TD passes against 76 picks (14 last year) and 45 fumbles.

As for him playing under pressure, he completed 55% against the blitz last year, 4% below his season average, and took 19 sacks (the most out of any QB) - http://aol.sportingnews.com...

However, he did scramble effectively, so that'll be interesting to see.

I mean, I like Michael Vick as a person. He's obviously changed from his criminal ways and has been contributing to different communities. But I've just never thought he's a good enough passer to be considered more anything than "slightly above average".

Of course, now that I say this, he'll come out and throw for 400 yards and 60 TDs against the Ravens :p
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 12:41:59 AM
At 9/13/2012 12:30:43 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 9/12/2012 11:55:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:
I don't really trust first week games as end-all-be-all of team/player skill.

Me neither. His week 1 performance was a minimal part of the argument. My main argument was that he has always been a mediocre passer (aside from 2010). His career completion average is 56%.

He has 113 career TD passes against 76 picks (14 last year) and 45 fumbles.

As for him playing under pressure, he completed 55% against the blitz last year, 4% below his season average, and took 19 sacks (the most out of any QB) - http://aol.sportingnews.com...

However, he did scramble effectively, so that'll be interesting to see.

This. This is where i think the game will be decided for the Philly offense. If the raven's can keep Vick from doing damage when he scrambles, then they'll probably have the game down pat. If not, then Philly has just as good of a shot at things.

I mean, I like Michael Vick as a person. He's obviously changed from his criminal ways and has been contributing to different communities. But I've just never thought he's a good enough passer to be considered more anything than "slightly above average".

Of course, now that I say this, he'll come out and throw for 400 yards and 60 TDs against the Ravens :p

60 TDs!?!?! That's like a TD a minute. The Raven's would have to have just as many turnovers each drive to give them that shot. And even then idk. God, assuming they went for the extra point kick, 60 TDs would be, like, 420 points xD
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 12:44:07 AM
Lol, I originally said 6, but changed it to 60 for the lolz.

That got me thinking though...what if Vick threw for 666 yards?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 12:57:49 AM
At 9/13/2012 12:44:07 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
Lol, I originally said 6, but changed it to 60 for the lolz.

That got me thinking though...what if Vick threw for 666 yards?

Lol he won't do that until the 21st of December this year :3
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 9:21:35 PM
Ravens 28-10 Eagles. End of Story. We eat the losing bird.

Vick is coming off a 4 pick game against a Sh!tty team that should normally have given an easy win for anyone. To prove my point, Vick threw 4 picks and STILL WON THE GAME. Ravens are coming off an insane blowout, with Flacco's ego as big as his head. Obvious decision...
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 8:17:07 PM
At 9/13/2012 9:21:35 PM, Chicken wrote:
Ravens 28-10 Eagles. End of Story. We eat the losing bird.

Vick is coming off a 4 pick game against a Sh!tty team that should normally have given an easy win for anyone. To prove my point, Vick threw 4 picks and STILL WON THE GAME. Ravens are coming off an insane blowout, with Flacco's ego as big as his head. Obvious decision...

Looks like that prediction was wrong.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 8:35:34 PM
"Kills Self"
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc