Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Red Sox Fans: FAIL

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 3:24:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm a Yankees fan (obviously). I also think that for the most part, sports rivalries are ridiculously retarded. However, I can say that I have legitimately come to despise the Red Sox, and here's why: Their annoying fans never miss an opportunity to yell YANKEES SUCK or some other juvenile and unnecessary banter. Not to mention that when I visited Boston, I pretty much decided that at least 10% of the city's income must come from Red Sox or anti-Yankee memorabilia alone. Wtf?

Anyway, deep down I know that it's stoopid to dislike a sports team so much. I just wish that their fans could see the same thing. Why do they hate the Yankees? What have the Yankees ever done to them? At best, they simply make their beloved team look bad. Oh well - that's the nature of the game. I mean the Yankees (and all teams) are nothing but a bunch of transient ball players who wander around the MLB in search of who will give them the biggest pay check. There's no loyalty. Sox fans should know this (Roger Clemens, Jose Canseco, Johnny Damon... BABE RUTH, etc. - all players who moved on from the Sox to the Yanks).

So, what's the answer? Why hate a TEAM? What's the problem? And, after visiting Boston (and living in NYC where the most obnoxious people on the planet live in general), I can say that when it comes to baseball, Sox fans are without a doubt the most annoying and irritating fans this game has ever seen. Their fans on this site alone have proven that this is the case...

Lol I'm calling you out, Nags (though there's way more of you) -- Why the "Yankees suck!" note in a previous thread I made about guesses for the upcoming Post Season? Not only is that crap unnecessary and entirely irrelevant to the thread, but it's also a flat out LIE. First of all, the Yankees have won 26 championships (the most in MLB history) compared to Boston's 7. Second of all, in the 2,080 games they've played against each other, the Yankees have won 1,126 of them compared to Boston's 940. And finally, this season alone, the Yankees are #1 in their division, #1 in their league, and #1 (win percentage) in the ENTIRE MLB! Not to mention that the Sox are 8 games behind them.

So clearly, the Yankees don't suck. Moreover, they're an overall better team than the Sox historically speaking and in the present day. That just means that you need to take your jeers and SHOVE IT. You have nothing to back yourself up. Not even your team. Get over it, and enjoy the game :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 3:26:55 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Oh, and the best are the fans who think that their unwavering loyalty to the team somehow makes them superior because they never used to win (hehe) crack me up. Uh, no. It just makes you look like a moron whenever you say YANKEES SUCK to mask your own team's incompetence. It's okay to support a losing team; in fact, I admire it... fair-weathered fans annoy me to no end. However, supporting your team and bashing another for no reason are two different things.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 3:29:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
That said, every single Yankee game I have ever been to (a bunch) were all against the Sox. I get that rivalries are fun, but those who take it too far are retarded (didn't someone get killed over it once?). I'm just saying that you look like fools when you bash the Yanks when there's ZERO support for your claims. Anyway, can you tell I'm a sports fan? Seeee yaaaa.
President of DDO
BIgMac_2
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 4:54:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
*cough* yanks suck *cough cough*
*cough cough* red sox suck *COUGH cough cough cough*
Body's breaking, drive me crazy
This is not your place
No, this is not your playground it's my heart
We were stupid, we got caught
Nothing matters anymore
So what? Here we are Juggernaut
- Coheed & Cambria

NOTE: WHEN SHOOTING A MIME, DO NOT USE A SILENCER OR HIS FRIENDS WILL HEAR YOU.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 5:56:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/17/2009 3:24:08 PM, theLwerd wrote:
I'm a Yankees fan (obviously). I also think that for the most part, sports rivalries are ridiculously retarded. However, I can say that I have legitimately come to despise the Red Sox, and here's why: Their annoying fans never miss an opportunity to yell YANKEES SUCK or some other juvenile and unnecessary banter.

Yankee fans do the same thing. The "Boston sucks" chants, rubbing the World Series wins in our faces, telling us how much better the Yankees are than the Red Sox, etc.

Even when I was at Fenway park, I heard plenty of "Boston sucks" and anti-Red Sox chants. The behavior you're yammering about certainly isn't exclusive to Red Sox fans; the Yankee fans give it right back. You're hiding your head in the sand if you really think otherwise.

Not to mention that when I visited Boston, I pretty much decided that at least 10% of the city's income must come from Red Sox or anti-Yankee memorabilia alone. Wtf?

...so?

Anyway, deep down I know that it's stoopid to dislike a sports team so much. I just wish that their fans could see the same thing. Why do they hate the Yankees? What have the Yankees ever done to them?

LOL. Their reasons would be similar to the inane ones you've given.

...I can say that when it comes to baseball, Sox fans are without a doubt the most annoying and irritating fans this game has ever seen. Their fans on this site alone have proven that this is the case...

Yeah, a small sample size of fans on a debating site definitely proves that.

...

Anyway, that's nothing more than a wishy-washy hasty generalization. I can easily take what you said and turn it around to be pertinent to Yankee fans and the Yankees. Wouldn't hold much merit if I did, now would it? Neither does yours.

Not to mention that the Sox are 8 games behind them.

I can see how closely you follow both baseball and the Yankees. Or maybe you're multiple days behind the rest of the world...

That just means that you need to take your jeers and SHOVE IT.

Blow it out your a-ss. Seriously, this random, paroxysmal, obnoxious, nonsensical diatribe against Red Sox fans and all the jackassery similar to it is partially why they can't stand the Yankees. How you can't see that is actually rather funny to me.

Personally, I can't stand the Yankees because they're a good, competitive team that stands in our way in the AL east. And because I find players on their team to be highly annoying and idiotic, such as Jorge Posada, who's a whiny little douche, and showed it against the Jays the other day. I do find their fans to be annoying as all hell, but I find that about teams, especially the popular ones (the Red Sox included. Though despite that, as a Red Sox fan, I do often defend them, which is evident from this very post.)
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 5:57:47 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/17/2009 3:26:55 PM, theLwerd wrote:
However, supporting your team and bashing another for no reason are two different things.

For no reason? Seriously?
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 6:00:25 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/17/2009 3:29:11 PM, theLwerd wrote:
That said, every single Yankee game I have ever been to (a bunch) were all against the Sox. I get that rivalries are fun, but those who take it too far are retarded (didn't someone get killed over it once?)

Yes, I agree, but Yankee fans take it just as far as Red Sox fans do.

Yankee fans seem to hate the Red Sox as much as they like the Yankees; Red Sox fans seem to hate the Yankees as much as they like the Red Sox. And personally, I don't get that; I could never dislike a team as much as I love the Red Sox.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 6:59:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/17/2009 6:22:46 PM, Nags wrote:
How's the 21st century treating the Yankees? Very much like fail. hahahahahaah

Agreed. Red Sox kick a$$ this decade in comparison. Red Sox > Yankees. Yeah, I typed it :)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 8:33:39 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/17/2009 5:56:18 PM, patsox834 wrote:

I can see how closely you follow both baseball and the Yankees. Or maybe you're multiple days behind the rest of the world...

TODAY'S (9/18/09) MLB STANDINGS:

Yankee Wins: 94
Red Sox Wins: 86

(http://mlb.mlb.com...)

8 games up... just like I said... once again, FAIL.

(Yankee Losses: 53 / Sox Losses: 59)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 8:47:15 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Also, in terms of this decade, the Yankees have been FIRST IN THEIR DIVISION (ahead of the Red Sox) EVERY SINGLE YEAR except 2007 (obviously) where they were only down by 2 games, and last year when Tampa Bay spanked both of them. They also actually tied in 2005. So, being in first place for 6 out of 9 years compared to Boston's 1 out of 9 years once again speaks volumes - these are just straight FACTS. Once again, your desperate attempts at insulting the Yankees have only proven that the Sox perform under them. Good try though.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 8:54:37 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
And finally, in terms of fans, I can agree with you 100% that Yankee fans are obnoxious as well. The key point that I made here was not AS obnoxious. I know all too well how annoying New Yorkers can be. However, like I said - when it comes to BASEBALL, there's no comparison. Sox fans eat, sleep and breathe Sox. And that's cool. But after seeing both sides (both places, knowing fans of each team, etc.) I have deduced that New Yorkers only respond with the same hostility because... why not? I think they do it because they're NY'ers and they're not gonna take sh1t from anybody. Especially some second-rate team who thinks one or two good seasons with 1 championship in 86 years is enough to compare their ball club with the prestige of the Yanks. That's just total BS. Look at the numbers, like I said. Since there's NOTHING in your favor, I don't see why Sox fans bother. I mean I'm impressed with the Sox as a team (really, I am). My point is that it's unnecessary and retarded to say YANKEES SUCK when they consistently out-perform them in terms of win/loss percentage, which ultimately defines the team's consistency throughout the season.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:00:48 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
That said, my roommate is a HARDCORE Sox fans. I love living with her lol. The recent Yankee sweep of the Sox in August (including that 20--11 win where we had to put in our worst pitchers ever to play nice was fantastic). I guess the point I tried to make is that rivalries are fun, but it's just kind of pathetic when one side tries really hard to make the other look bad and in turn only makes themselves look worse. I don't care if Yankee and Sox fans bludgeon each other to death or partake in catty internet banter (...). There's a reason I've only been to Yanks/Sox games, right? It's entertaining. But seriously, the "Yankees suck" bit is just retarded.
President of DDO
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:16:01 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/18/2009 8:33:39 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 9/17/2009 5:56:18 PM, patsox834 wrote:

I can see how closely you follow both baseball and the Yankees. Or maybe you're multiple days behind the rest of the world...

TODAY'S (9/18/09) MLB STANDINGS:

Yankee Wins: 94
Red Sox Wins: 86

(http://mlb.mlb.com...)

8 games up... just like I said... once again, FAIL.

(Yankee Losses: 53 / Sox Losses: 59)

LOL. You're still wrong.

www.baseball-reference.com
www.mlb.com

Check and see what the standings say -- it's not eight games. It's actually seven, and it was 6.5 when I initially posted in this thread last night.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:20:15 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Here's the same MLB reference I used (that you're suggesting):

http://mlb.mlb.com...

It still says 8 games, does it not?

Either way, I said 8 and you said 7... wow... I'm clearly WAY off.
President of DDO
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:30:21 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/18/2009 8:54:37 AM, theLwerd wrote:
The key point that I made here was not AS obnoxious. I know all too well how annoying New Yorkers can be. However, like I said - when it comes to BASEBALL, there's no comparison.

I don't agree. Like I said,Yankee fans don't miss a chance to rub the standings in our faces, their post success, etc, etc. They're every bit as bad.

I have deduced that New Yorkers only respond with the same hostility because... why not? I think they do it because they're NY'ers and they're not gonna take sh1t from anybody.

I have deduced that people from Boston only respond with the same hostility because...why not? I think they do it because they're Bostonians, and they're not gonna take sh-t from anybody.

Especially some second-rate team who thinks one or two good seasons with 1 championship in 86 years is enough to compare their ball club with the prestige of the Yanks.

Second rate team? The Red Sox have won seven WS, which is fourth, and have been to the World Series the sixth most out of every team. Certainly they've been a successful franchise overall. They've had some pretty damn fantastic players, too. Perhaps more than anyone else but the Yankees, though the Braves and Dodgers aren't slouches, either.

My point is that it's unnecessary and retarded to say YANKEES SUCK when they consistently out-perform them in terms of win/loss percentage, which ultimately defines the team's consistency throughout the season.

And it doesn't make much sense to go "Boston sucks!" when we've been highly successful lately, and are one of the best teams in MLB.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:36:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I see your point. I never disagreed with it. My argument was simply that statistically speaking, the Yankees have consistently out-performed the Sox since their respective inceptions. Since the numbers add up to our favor most of the time, then the Sox claims (and their credibility) dwindles. What's not to understand about this? I never said Yankees fans aren't just as silly. I never said the Sox aren't one of the BEST teams. What I said was that it's clear who the better team overall has always been. All I want is a little acknowledgment. Also, thank you MLB.com.
President of DDO
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:38:16 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/18/2009 9:00:48 AM, theLwerd wrote:
The recent Yankee sweep of the Sox in August (including that 20--11 win where we had to put in our worst pitchers ever to play nice was fantastic).

I was in Boston for that series. I actually ended up missing most of that game, which is lame no matter what, but at least I didn't miss anything too important, I guess.

I guess the point I tried to make is that rivalries are fun, but it's just kind of pathetic when one side tries really hard to make the other look bad and in turn only makes themselves look worse.

Yes, I agree he "Yankees suck" bit is weird and inaccurate; however, as I've been saying all along, New Yorkers rubbing everything in Red Sox fans' faces and constantly telling Boston how they suck is pretty stupid, too.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:42:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Yes, it is. Boston is one of the best teams in the MLB. Hands down. The "Sox suck!" chants seem credible based on their reasoning alone. If the Yankees suck despite being the best team in baseball historically speaking (using statistics alone, and other facts such as player statistics), then clearly the Sox must suck too if they are inferior to the Yankees in that way and the Yankees supposedly suck. This is simple logic. If the Yankees suck, the Sox suck harder. This makes SOX SUCKS! chants legitimate and more realistic.
President of DDO
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 9:45:28 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/18/2009 9:20:15 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Here's the same MLB reference I used (that you're suggesting):

http://mlb.mlb.com...

It still says 8 games, does it not?

..? No? It says seven.

New York (wins-losses/winning percentage): 94-53/.639.
Boston (wins-losses/winning percentage/games back): 86-59/.593/7.0.

This is directly from the link you sent. And it's the standings as of today.

And yeah, one game can be a pretty big deal. Ask Minnesota Twins and Chicago White Sox. Or the Rockies and Padres.

Either way, the lead is shrinking, and the Red Sox have been playing very well. They probably won't win the division (though I'm fine with the wild card), but they can make it closer, just as the Yankees did to them in 2007.
patsox834
Posts: 406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 10:14:11 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/18/2009 9:36:23 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I never said Yankees fans aren't just as silly. I never said the Sox aren't one of the BEST teams.

You: And finally, in terms of fans, I can agree with you 100% that Yankee fans are obnoxious as well. The key point that I made here was not AS obnoxious

You: I can say that when it comes to baseball, Sox fans are without a doubt the most annoying and irritating fans this game has ever seen.

Seems like you think Red Sox fans are the bottom of the barrel, and the Yankees aren't as bad.

Also, I'm going to be a smartass and correct something:

I mean the Yankees (and all teams) are nothing but a bunch of transient ball players who wander around the MLB in search of who will give them the biggest pay check. There's no loyalty. Sox fans should know this (Roger Clemens, Jose Canseco, Johnny Damon... BABE RUTH, etc. - all players who moved on from the Sox to the Yanks).

Babe Ruth didn actually "wander" from the Sox and go to the Yankees. Back when this happened (the end of the dead ball era), free agency didn't even exist. Babe Ruth was sold to the Yankees in order to fund a play entitled "No, No Nanette."

And Roger Clemens wasn't brought back because the Red Sox didn't want him. They foolishly thought he was finished.

The "Sox suck!" chants seem credible based on their reasoning alone.

Of course, as you've actually shown, that rationale is rather fallacious, so clearly both claims/chants are nonsense, which is my point. When you use their reasoning against them, you're also applying awfully similar as-s-backwards logic.

This is simple logic. If the Yankees suck, the Sox suck harder. This makes SOX SUCKS! chants legitimate and more realistic.

No, it's faulty logic. The Yankees clearly do not suck; it's an ignorant claim. But nor do the Red Sox, so to claim so is also rather ignorant. The "Boston sucks" nonsense is using pretty damn similar rationalized logic as the "Yankees suck" chants -- clearly both teams have had a good overall run as MLB franchises.
USAPitBull63
Posts: 668
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2009 2:35:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I can't stand the Yankees or the BoSox, but here is why I'd give the "More Annoying Fans" award to Bostonians:

They have the most NBA championships, several Stanley Cup championships, and a slew of recent Super Bowl victories; most were gained during the long drought between World Series championships. And yet, Bostonians would whine about the Red Sox, and how their city is cursed. Bah! Choke on ya chowdah!

And not to sound socialist, but purely hypothetically, I wonder how many people would stop being Yankees fans if a salary cap were imposed....
USAPitBull63
Posts: 668
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 4:10:26 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/18/2009 11:10:11 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Not me, USA. Proof? I've been a Mets fan this whole time as well.

Well, the Mets aren't exactly "small market," but compared to the Yankees, "The Field" is basically rendered such.

That said, every NY'er I know says natives should decide if they're either Mets or Yankees fans. Which team do you like more and why?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2009 12:10:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Oy. I hate this question, but the answer is most definitely Yankees. As corny as it is, I tend to root for hometown teams. I live in Illinois now; however, I was born and raised in New York so pretty much ALL New York sports teams are my favorite (that includes Giants and Jets, and of the two, I slightly prefer Giants). That said, Shea is in Queens and Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx. Since I'm from Brooklyn and therefore closer proximity to Shea, I've always been a Mets fan: watched the games, followed the team, been to a couple, etc. However, I've also lived in Staten Island for a big part of my life, and that's where you'll find predominantly Yankee fans. Given the fact that I've tended to follow the Yankees more (paid closer attention), been to more Yankee games, own more Yankee memorabilia (jerseys, etc.), know A LOT more history and statistics for the Yankees, etc., I'd say that they stand out as being my all time favorite NY team, though I'm a huge fan of all (most) sports in general. I even like the Metro Stars and Liberty :P
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2009 9:03:01 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/17/2009 4:54:01 PM, BIgMac_2 wrote:
*cough* yanks suck *cough cough*
*cough cough* red sox suck *COUGH cough cough cough*

Haahahahahahahahahahaha
President of DDO