Jump to topic:

Superbowl Picks?

Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2012 10:04:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I know it's extremely early in the season, and week's 1 and 2 haven't really shown anything yet, but who do you think is going to the Superbowl?

Give Your AFC and NFC Teams, their records (Regular Season) and who will win out of the 2. Maybe after the Superbowl in February you can check if you were right!
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 1:58:10 AM
The Niners are looking unstoppable, so its hard to pick against them. The Packers seem to be their only possible obstacle, and maybe the Eagles if everyone is healthy and Vick has the game of his life.

But I see them facing the Pack in the NFC championship game (both 12-4), and winning a close one. If they play again, the Pack will definently play much better (not like they could play worse), and their D showed this week that they can play at another level. But SF just seems like a really complete team right now.

That said, my predictions are always wrong, so I pick the Ravens to come out of the AFC. I hate Joe Flacco for whatever reason, so if I'm right and they make the Super Bowl, I was right, and if I'm wrong, well who cares - Joe Flacco didn't make it to the super bowl.

The Texans are a major threat though if they stay healthy. They have great players at literally every position. But health has always been an issue for them.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 2:08:50 AM
I suppose the Pats are always a threat though. Bill Belichick is a freaking Boss. I mean this is a guy who, last year, takes a team with no run game, no deep threat, and no defense, all the way to the Super Bowl and is one play away from beating the team that has all three of those.

So with the addition of Brandon Lloyd (deep threat) and a possible improved D, you have to consider them a threat as usual.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 2:12:00 AM
SAN-DI-EY-GO! SUPER CHAAAAAARGERS!

Trolling aside, it is way too early to make any real predictions other than who looks good right now. Of course, SF and GB look good, as well as the normal teams that everyone expects to do good, and the normal teams that everyone expects to suck...well...suck.

As for a NFC championship, I'd pick it coming down to the Giants (12-4) against the 49ers (11-5) and it being slight advantage to Giants. In AFC, idk. I wanna lean on my Bolts to win it this year, but seeing as we haven't made a Superbowl appearance since '94 (no one talks about what happened to us in '94... fvcking 49ers), I'm a little skeptical. I still think we got the drive and the team to at least make AFC Championship (Maybe 10-6 on a wildcard), and we'll probably end up facing either the Colts (11-5) (I think Luck's gonna have a great year this year), or those cheating Patriots (12-4). Chargers will probably win if we play the Colts, but I have to give slight advantage to Patriots in the latter situation.

If it's Giants-Colts, I gotta go Giants. Luck will choke in the pressure. If it's Patriots-Giants, wow. Idk. I wanna go Patriots. Brady is overdue for another ring.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2012 2:22:19 AM
The giants are struggling horrifically this year. Don't let today's game fool you, The Bucs are a bad team in need of rebuilding. They only reason the Giants won today is because that new coach is a moron. And they barely did that.
#BlackLivesMatter
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2012 8:21:03 PM
At 9/18/2012 2:41:36 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 9/18/2012 2:31:16 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Niners and Broncos that's my superbowl prediction

O_O

Ehhh I'm choosing the broncos cause I think they will luck out and make it. I mean if the NFL was predictable and everything supposed to go the way the standings worked, Green Bay would have won last year.

I lived in an era where the cardinals made the Super Bowl nothing surprises me anymore haha
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2012 11:42:17 PM
Packers (13-3) to beat the Texans (12-4) 31-24
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N