Football Season!

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 7:13:53 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Both my Giants and my Jets are 2-0 so far :D

I'm not really sure what to make of either of these two teams yet though. The Jets are going to have to rely on a lot of big performance from their rookies, and the Giants are all about defense right now. If these teams could secure just one or two awesome trades for their offense, I think both of them have a good shot at making it deep into the post season. Otherwise, I have a good feeling about the Saints and 49ers this year. Anyone else?
President of DDO
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 12:34:52 PM
Not sold on the Giants, Jets, Saints, or 49ers.

-Giants need to find two solid receivers.
-Jets defense looks great, but its to early to tell how their offense will do.
-Saints offense looks great, but defense will be their Achilles.
-49ers seem to have bought into Singletary, lets wait a few weeks though.

As for my Panthers...Jake Delhomme should never have been given an extension; he has Brett Favre syndrome--best in the league one week, the absolute worst the next. Their first two games gave me some hope for the rest of the season though. The defense, given the amount of time they were on the field, look good and the special teams look improved. As for the offense, there are some issues, but it's hard to tell what the issues are; everyone is healthy.
When Reach fell, I came.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2009 1:23:08 PM
At 9/24/2009 12:34:52 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:

As for my Panthers...Jake Delhomme should never have been given an extension; he has Brett Favre syndrome--best in the league one week, the absolute worst the next. Their first two games gave me some hope for the rest of the season though. The defense, given the amount of time they were on the field, look good and the special teams look improved. As for the offense, there are some issues, but it's hard to tell what the issues are; everyone is healthy.

So what team(s) ARE you sold on?

It's definitely too early to tell how the season is going to play out. Obviously these teams are all being scrutinized right now; their weaknesses from the first 2 games being exploited and them having to step up their weak spots pretty quick. The Giants are in DEFINITE need of some receivers; however, I think even one to replace Burress would suffice. Who do you think would fit with the G-men? The Jets' offensive line is going to be tested to the max, because as a rookie QB defenses are going to blitz the hell out of the newbie. I do agree that the Saints will have to step up their D-game. 49ers... hmm. They look pretty good to me (I'm personally not a fan though). I dunno squat about the Jags. I finally get cable in my apartment on Saturday - just in time, w00t :D
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2009 10:24:59 AM
sold on the Giants, Saints, not on the 49ers and Jets.

-Giants are finding ways to win the games that are the most important... remember that football is not about the best team... it is about what team can make it to the playoffs and have the potential to get hot.
giants have two key div. wins that will carry them into the playoffs... now we have 13 weeks to find out which receiver we can trust... they are for real

-Jets defense looks great, but its to early to tell how their offense will do... and sanchez has not been figured out yet, but there will come that day when they figure him out... it happened to Flacco and ryan in the playoffs last year... it will happen this year

-Saints offense is great, and when you can score more than your opponent can... you will win every time... and they can do it.
they have the best QB in the NFL right now... they are for real.

-49ers lets wait a few weeks... hill is not a good QB... they will fail sooner or later... he is just good enough to not mess it all up it every other aspect is on point.(def., running, sp. teams)

As for my Panthers...Jake Delhomme sucks and is not a franchise QB... he never was.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 6:23:02 AM
It's too early yet. It all depends on injuries; the Jets may be legit, but I think the Giants will prove a better team---provided Justin Tuck returns healthy (soon); Manningham continues to develop; and Eli Manning keeps playing the way he did in the Cowboys home opener.

The Jets are on the right track, but I anticipate a learning curve for the young team sometime during the season. We'll see.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 11:41:20 AM
At 9/26/2009 6:23:02 AM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
It's too early yet. It all depends on injuries; the Jets may be legit, but I think the Giants will prove a better team---provided Justin Tuck returns healthy (soon); Manningham continues to develop; and Eli Manning keeps playing the way he did in the Cowboys home opener.

The Jets are on the right track, but I anticipate a learning curve for the young team sometime during the season. We'll see.

Agreed!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 6:14:43 PM
I agree as well. I see good things for the Giants! I personally hate the Patriots so I'm hoping people wise up and put the pressure on Brady; he can't perform (well, no QB really can) when he's got nowhere to go... or throw, like in the Jets game. It'll be interesting to see how the Vikings come out this season as well.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 9:14:11 PM
At 9/26/2009 8:37:47 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
My Colts are going all the way.

no... not really...

afc id to tuff for the colts to win.
theitalianstallion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2009 2:30:49 PM
At 9/24/2009 1:23:08 PM, theLwerd wrote:

So what team(s) ARE you sold on?

I'm not really sure right now...The Steelers are going to be good, and I think once Brady gets back in the swing of things, so will the Pats.

If I had to choose now, though, it'd be the Steelers and Eagles.
When Reach fell, I came.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:25:54 AM
EDIT: Giants and Colts.

I predict a Manning v. Manning super bowl... and I'm thrilled.

Also, so far every game prediction of mine has been right this season (!!!) with the exception of last night's game - Jets v. Dolphins. I thought my Jets would prevail, and sadly, they did not. Oh well. My record is still fantastic :) We should have a weekly pool... with no gambling, of course.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:31:25 AM
At 10/13/2009 8:25:54 AM, theLwerd wrote:
EDIT: Giants and Colts.

I predict a Manning v. Manning super bowl... and I'm thrilled.

Also, so far every game prediction of mine has been right this season (!!!) with the exception of last night's game - Jets v. Dolphins. I thought my Jets would prevail, and sadly, they did not. Oh well. My record is still fantastic :) We should have a weekly pool... with no gambling, of course.

we could only hope... with eli coming off on top of peyton...

does that sound dirty?
hummmmmm
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2009 8:42:00 AM
At 10/13/2009 8:37:46 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Peyton is a better QB, but the Giants have a better team.

written so well... i enjoy a woman that knows her football...

good for you
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 11:18:08 AM
Wow. My Giants got spanked last week... and I lost a huge bet.

At least all of my other predictions have been falling into place nicely though.
President of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2015 12:07:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 9/24/2009 12:34:52 PM, theitalianstallion wrote:

Shows how much you know, the Saints won the Superbowl, buddy.

Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.