Jump to topic:

The New York Jets

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 12:45:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know what to say anymore about the New York Jets.

They are, at best, a mediocre team. But my issues stem deeper than that.

Even though I am a hometown fan (I like both the Giants and the Jets, the Yankees and the Mets, the Knicks and the Nets, etc.), I've often poked fun about how senseless it is to show blind, loyal hometown support. After all, the players who play for "your" team usually are not from your home town, and will leave on a whim if offered more money elsewhere. How much "loyalty" is there, really, to a team from either the owner or player perspective? Moreover, what happens when you've supported a particular player for years, and then all of a sudden they move on to another team? Do you suddenly start rooting for their demise? And this is based on, what, exactly-- hometown pride? Well what if you move? There are a lot of issues, but yes, it's silly and perhaps non-sensical though the rivalries are fun. I'm all for it.

My reason for bringing this up is that I've often thought about the culture surrounding both the NYG and NYJ. In the past, I've criticized both Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning for their serious demeanor. Now, I respect it. I've praised and supported Rex Ryan's tenacity and whatnot, noting that his attitude is very New York-- how fitting. But as far as results go, as far as putting together a good team and pushing them to be great, I'm not sure Rex Ryan still has my 100% support. I'll take Tom Coughlin's scowl if it comes with disciplined players any day over the smug attitude and non-productivity of the New York Jets.

As far as QBs go, Eli Comeback-Kid Manning has certainly earned my respect, and has made a case for himself to be acknowledged as an elite QB in the league with 2 Superbowl wins and MVP titles under his belt amongst other meaningful credentials (such as a 5,000+ yards passing season last year). Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez - a medicore talent - has been coddled througout his entire tenure in NY. This is after the Jets were already doing all kinds of crazy ish at the QB position, such as their stint with Brett Favre. Then they went and invited this whole Tebow fiasco to be a dark cloud looming on top of an already fragile and failing Sanchez, and a Jet fan has to wonder WTF is going on up there in that office.

Now, let's consider how secretive the Jets were about their allegedly brilliant Wild Cat plays-- the so-called reason they had for justifying bringing in Tim Tebow (when what they really need to do is phase Mark out until they can bring in a talented rookie after establishing the run game... but more about our pathetic run game later). So far the Wild Cat has yielded jack sh!t. Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez both continue to blow chunks. Mark Sanchez should be our back-up QB, and Tim Tebow should be elsewhere (Jacksonville IMO) if in the NFL at all.

But yes, it's true that our pathetic offense is not solely due to either QBs inability to actually throw the football with a strong and accurate arm. You know, as they are paid millions to do. Consider the fact that we have Shonn Greene as our starting RB. Again, WTF? If you're going to try to win games on the back of the defense, and by establishing a superior run-game because both of your QB's suck, then you need to make sure you actually have a pretty friggin good RB. I can think of a handful of back-up RBs who are better than our starter: Ben Tate, CJ Spiller and Michael Bush come to mind. I mean, come on, man.

And our defense. Oh, our beloved defense. WELL. Without Revis we pretty much lose half of our entire team's defensive swagger. Nobody else has stepped up to the plate. Besides, we've had injuries. And the fact that the Niners back-up QB was able to get so many yards is frankly just unacceptable-- especially from the self-professed best defensive coach in the league (or whatever) in Rex Ryan.

So, what do NY Jet fans have to be grateful for? More importantly, what do we have to look forward to? You know, it's not just frustrating to lose-- losing happens, and can be expected. Long losing streaks can be forgiven even. What's so annoying is that the Jets keep making poor decision after poor decision, and it's not fair to the fans. Consider the Chicago Cubs or Boston Red Sox. Sure, it took them decades in between winning the big cheese. But they put up a good fight almost every year. With the Jets, I have no effing idea regarding the direction that the team is headed in. I'm not sure the coaches/owner know either. That lack of confidence is challenging my fan-ness. Or my fanny-ness, haha.

What's the point of rooting for a team whose players don't seem to have a lot of heart? I look at Brandon Weeden as a kid with an extreme amount of heart, and he's lost every single game of his young career thus far. I would be more proud to have him as my QB than Mark Sanchez-- no joke. Now I'm not saying he's better than M.S., but I'm saying in terms of character and potential leadership I am frankly losing patience with Mr. sexy beast Sanchez.

I don't see a lot of discipline from the Jets. What I see is swag - and that's great - but you need more than that to win games. That's obvious. I'm running out of patience with their cocky attitude whenever they happen to have a lucky break and make plays (like in the first game), which they can't do consistently because they aren't - again - disciplined - and lack a lot of talent and depth in certain areas (particularly @ WR for which Santonio Holmes' recent injury hits hard!).

I know that we have some injuries - some more devastating than others (RIP Revis 2012) - but enough is enough. We need a plan. We need something to believe in. This week, I will continue rocking my Jets hoodie at my own risk. Yes, it's a form of self-hazing - but whatevs. I will continue to believe that Ryan can rally the troops to an impressive turn-around. I of course want them to challenge the almighty, bloody Patriots because I hate them :) But seriously, the Jets need to do something. SOMETHING. And they need to get serious about considering how to build the team going forward.

Right now they lack identity; their original game plan has fallen to pieces given the futility of the WC, and subsequent acquisition of Tim Tebow as well as injuries, no run game, and a sh!tty QB plus *zero* serious WR threats. So come on. Think ahead. They have so many problems I don't even know where to start. But yeah, my point is that if the Jets want to keep me as a loyal fan (and I assume they do because I buy a lot of NFL merch... as well as to feed their own egos), then please oh please check yo-self before you wreck yo-self.

Sincerely,
Me
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 1:14:12 PM
At 10/2/2012 12:45:46 PM, Danielle wrote:
I don't know what to say anymore about the New York Jets.

They are, at best, a mediocre team. But my issues stem deeper than that.

Even though I am a hometown fan (I like both the Giants and the Jets, the Yankees and the Mets, the Knicks and the Nets, etc.), I've often poked fun about how senseless it is to show blind, loyal hometown support. After all, the players who play for "your" team usually are not from your home town, and will leave on a whim if offered more money elsewhere. How much "loyalty" is there, really, to a team from either the owner or player perspective? Moreover, what happens when you've supported a particular player for years, and then all of a sudden they move on to another team? Do you suddenly start rooting for their demise? And this is based on, what, exactly-- hometown pride? Well what if you move? There are a lot of issues, but yes, it's silly and perhaps non-sensical though the rivalries are fun. I'm all for it.

My reason for bringing this up is that I've often thought about the culture surrounding both the NYG and NYJ. In the past, I've criticized both Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning for their serious demeanor. Now, I respect it. I've praised and supported Rex Ryan's tenacity and whatnot, noting that his attitude is very New York-- how fitting. But as far as results go, as far as putting together a good team and pushing them to be great, I'm not sure Rex Ryan still has my 100% support. I'll take Tom Coughlin's scowl if it comes with disciplined players any day over the smug attitude and non-productivity of the New York Jets.

As far as QBs go, Eli Comeback-Kid Manning has certainly earned my respect, and has made a case for himself to be acknowledged as an elite QB in the league with 2 Superbowl wins and MVP titles under his belt amongst other meaningful credentials (such as a 5,000+ yards passing season last year). Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez - a medicore talent - has been coddled througout his entire tenure in NY. This is after the Jets were already doing all kinds of crazy ish at the QB position, such as their stint with Brett Favre. Then they went and invited this whole Tebow fiasco to be a dark cloud looming on top of an already fragile and failing Sanchez, and a Jet fan has to wonder WTF is going on up there in that office.

Now, let's consider how secretive the Jets were about their allegedly brilliant Wild Cat plays-- the so-called reason they had for justifying bringing in Tim Tebow (when what they really need to do is phase Mark out until they can bring in a talented rookie after establishing the run game... but more about our pathetic run game later). So far the Wild Cat has yielded jack sh!t. Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez both continue to blow chunks. Mark Sanchez should be our back-up QB, and Tim Tebow should be elsewhere (Jacksonville IMO) if in the NFL at all.

But yes, it's true that our pathetic offense is not solely due to either QBs inability to actually throw the football with a strong and accurate arm. You know, as they are paid millions to do. Consider the fact that we have Shonn Greene as our starting RB. Again, WTF? If you're going to try to win games on the back of the defense, and by establishing a superior run-game because both of your QB's suck, then you need to make sure you actually have a pretty friggin good RB. I can think of a handful of back-up RBs who are better than our starter: Ben Tate, CJ Spiller and Michael Bush come to mind. I mean, come on, man.

And our defense. Oh, our beloved defense. WELL. Without Revis we pretty much lose half of our entire team's defensive swagger. Nobody else has stepped up to the plate. Besides, we've had injuries. And the fact that the Niners back-up QB was able to get so many yards is frankly just unacceptable-- especially from the self-professed best defensive coach in the league (or whatever) in Rex Ryan.

So, what do NY Jet fans have to be grateful for? More importantly, what do we have to look forward to? You know, it's not just frustrating to lose-- losing happens, and can be expected. Long losing streaks can be forgiven even. What's so annoying is that the Jets keep making poor decision after poor decision, and it's not fair to the fans. Consider the Chicago Cubs or Boston Red Sox. Sure, it took them decades in between winning the big cheese. But they put up a good fight almost every year. With the Jets, I have no effing idea regarding the direction that the team is headed in. I'm not sure the coaches/owner know either. That lack of confidence is challenging my fan-ness. Or my fanny-ness, haha.

What's the point of rooting for a team whose players don't seem to have a lot of heart? I look at Brandon Weeden as a kid with an extreme amount of heart, and he's lost every single game of his young career thus far. I would be more proud to have him as my QB than Mark Sanchez-- no joke. Now I'm not saying he's better than M.S., but I'm saying in terms of character and potential leadership I am frankly losing patience with Mr. sexy beast Sanchez.

I don't see a lot of discipline from the Jets. What I see is swag - and that's great - but you need more than that to win games. That's obvious. I'm running out of patience with their cocky attitude whenever they happen to have a lucky break and make plays (like in the first game), which they can't do consistently because they aren't - again - disciplined - and lack a lot of talent and depth in certain areas (particularly @ WR for which Santonio Holmes' recent injury hits hard!).

I know that we have some injuries - some more devastating than others (RIP Revis 2012) - but enough is enough. We need a plan. We need something to believe in. This week, I will continue rocking my Jets hoodie at my own risk. Yes, it's a form of self-hazing - but whatevs. I will continue to believe that Ryan can rally the troops to an impressive turn-around. I of course want them to challenge the almighty, bloody Patriots because I hate them :) But seriously, the Jets need to do something. SOMETHING. And they need to get serious about considering how to build the team going forward.

Right now they lack identity; their original game plan has fallen to pieces given the futility of the WC, and subsequent acquisition of Tim Tebow as well as injuries, no run game, and a sh!tty QB plus *zero* serious WR threats. So come on. Think ahead. They have so many problems I don't even know where to start. But yeah, my point is that if the Jets want to keep me as a loyal fan (and I assume they do because I buy a lot of NFL merch... as well as to feed their own egos), then please oh please check yo-self before you wreck yo-self.

Sincerely,
Me

They got smashed by your next Super Bowl Championship team. Life is good isnt it.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 2:45:15 PM
Right now, I would stick with Mark Sanchez. TIM TEBOW CAN'T THROW. If the Wild Cat were effective, you could make the case that they should run that option and put Tebow in. However, the WC hasn't worked for them. Sanchez has (slightly) better accuracy, a (slightly) better arm, and more experience. Right now I don't see any good argument whatsoever for bringing Tebow in. However, if the Jets continue to see zero offensive production, then you can make the case that putting in Tebow is justified, because you'll need to do something - anything.

Let's face it: the Jets are not making the playoffs this year. Right now they are 2-2. Let's assume they need to go 10-6 (at the very least) to earn a wild card spot, since we can assume that the Pats are going to take their division. Can the Jets win 8 more games with Mark Sanchez? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and suppose they can beat the Colts, Fins, Rams, Jaguars, Titans and Bills - but that's only 6 games.

Do we think they can steal 2 wins from any of these upcoming teams: Texans, Pats, Seahawks, Cardinals or Chargers? Maybe. The Cardinals may fall from grace, the Hawks could have a meltdown or perhaps the Chargers might all fail to stay healthy during their particular game. Who knows. Anything is possible. But given they'd have to win ALL of the other games too, I just don't see it happening. Therefore, if you aren't going to make the playoffs, you have to play the rest of the season from a different mindset. Personally, I would continue to develop Sanchez and keep him on the back burner to be a back-up QB. I'd be looking to work on getting a new starting QB asap, since the Jets simply can't win with the formula they have now. At the VERY least, they'd need to beef up their run game. Bottom line: they need to make a move for some play makers, or even just one rockstar RB/QB. Their defense also needs to become DOMINANT. Much like the Saints/Packers relied on their offense to play defense last year, the Jets need their defense to prevent other teams from scoring since the Jets have such a hard time doing so; that's been evident since the pre-season.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:01:51 PM
I'm thinking of the Colts a few years ago. With Peyton Manning in the mix, they went to the Superbowl. A season or 2 later, and they came in dead last without Peyton. That's proof that a great QB can have a HUGE impact on a football team. Unfortunately there aren't a log of Peyton Mannings in the world, but the bottom line is that the Jets need to handle their ish and FAST. Again, if they insist on keeping Mark Sanchez as the starter over the next year or 2, they need to bring in a sexy RB. Any one of the back-ups I mentioned before (CJ Spiller, Michael Bush or Ben Tate) who get tired of playing behind the their respective team's #1s would all be welcome on the Jets as better prospects than Shonn Greene. Something I'm concerned about though is that the Jets may finish, say, 8-8 and that doesn't put them in an amazing position for next year's draft either :/
President of DDO
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 5:16:12 PM
At 10/2/2012 3:01:51 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'm thinking of the Colts a few years ago. With Peyton Manning in the mix, they went to the Superbowl. A season or 2 later, and they came in dead last without Peyton. That's proof that a great QB can have a HUGE impact on a football team. Unfortunately there aren't a log of Peyton Mannings in the world, but the bottom line is that the Jets need to handle their ish and FAST. Again, if they insist on keeping Mark Sanchez as the starter over the next year or 2, they need to bring in a sexy RB. Any one of the back-ups I mentioned before (CJ Spiller, Michael Bush or Ben Tate) who get tired of playing behind the their respective team's #1s would all be welcome on the Jets as better prospects than Shonn Greene. Something I'm concerned about though is that the Jets may finish, say, 8-8 and that doesn't put them in an amazing position for next year's draft either :/

Yeah I see what your saying but you have to face facts, Mark Sanchez is not Peyton Manning. An elite QB can cover up a bad defense. We've seen it the last few years with The Colts, the Patriots, The Packers last year had like the worst passing defense in NFL history. But now things are changing. These super Defense teams are going to take over the NFL just with outstanding run games and B average QB's. The Niners have beaten the Packers. The Ravens have beaten the patriots. Sure the Niners drop that game against the Vikings but they underestimated them just as everyone else has. They asserted their dominance vs The Jets. I watch that game. Its easy to throw blame on Sanchez but when you allow 245 yards rushing, your defense needs to be rebuilt. There's no excuse for letting a backup quarterback run all over your defense like that. And that game could have been worse. Akers missed 2 field goals and Colin slid down at the 2 yard line as an act of mercy. Jets cant let losing one player destroy the entire defense.
#BlackLivesMatter
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 5:53:45 PM
In my opinion they should play Tebow and there are plenty of reasons to suggest it. First, everyone knows that the team's struggles go beyond Sanchez. The run game sucks, the receivers can't get open, the O-line can't block. Thats WHY you put Tebow in. Because for whatever reason that isn't explainable, when Tim Tebow walks onto a football field, something happens. Something changes. And the team he plays on just gets BETTER when he's on the field. We saw it with Denver. Kyle Orton played better than Tebow in every single statistical category. Yet the Broncos' defense was better under Tebow, the run game was better under Tebow, and they won more games under Tebow. You can't explain it, but it just happens. Even though his numbers were atrocious, the team was just better. Secondly, Tebow doesn't make the big mistake that costs you the game. He rarely turns the ball over. He went 4 or 5 games straight without throwing a pick last year. Third, we all know about his abilities in the 4th quarter. He's a true playmaker that just gets it done when it counts. Fourth, he is a leader, a much better one than Sanchez. He tells the team that they'll win the game, score on this drive, etc, and he makes them believe it. Fifth, his threat to run the ball opens up more deep routes which the Jets desperately need. Two of the famous examples include his first TD pass against the Bears last year, when the DB left his receiver wide-open because he thought Tebow was gonna scramble. And then there's obviously the 4 passes over 50 yards against the Steelers because everyone is expecting them to run the ball.

Most importantly, and this ties into the first point, I think putting him in will energize the team and the fanbase. His presence just seems to give the team a different mindset that is conductive to winning games.

You can bet that Rex Ryan has designed some option-like plays for the offense in case this change happens. I don't see why you don't try it at this point. Most people agree the Jets don't make the playoffs with Sanchez, so what do you have to lose?
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:42:52 PM
The Jets are not getting into the playoffs if they play Tebow or not. I'd put Tebow in there just to get the fans hyped. Everyone wants to see Tebow have another season.
kfc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 7:56:44 PM
At 10/2/2012 6:42:52 PM, Koopin wrote:
The Jets are not getting into the playoffs if they play Tebow or not. I'd put Tebow in there just to get the fans hyped. Everyone wants to see Tebow have another season.

Rex Ryan said they are starting Tebow vs the Texans... They will get destroyed, the question is, by how much? Texans are superbowl contenders!!!! GO TEXANS
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:23:42 AM
I put up a pic of me in my Giants gear, and it will stay like that until the Jets give me something to be proud of. Now back to the Tebow debate...

Let me tell you something. Not 1 Quarterback in the NFL can be successful with Jeremy Kerley as your starting wideout and Shonn Greene as your starting runningback. Not 1 quarterback. You can quote me on that. Put Tom Brady, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers on the Jets and I can assure you that they would still be losing football games. I mentioned Peyton Manning and the Colts earlier, and while a stellar QB can be of paramount importance on a struggling team, the truth is that even the Colts had (and perhaps still have) better offensive options than the NYJ. We have not a single "weapon."

As a fan, I'm annoyed that we are even having this Sanchez vs. Tebow conversation. Can Tebow be a successful playmaker? Yes, absolutely. But is he a good QB? No - he can't throw! Tebow would have a place on a team behind a good QB where the threat of the Wild Cat could shake things up, and where he was the unquestionable back-up. But to make your STARTING quarterback someone whose primary role is to trip up defenses and run the ball rather than actually throw-- which is the QB's friggin JOB-- is just ridiculous. I honestly think the Jets would embarrass themselves further if they basically conceded that we have nobody at the helm who can lead and perform the most important position on the field, to the point where we had to rely on someone who couldn't do that job at all and just sort of hope for a miracle.

Bringing in Tim Tebow would be a publicity stunt; I believe that's the only reason there would be talk about him starting against the Texans - to sell tickets. I didn't hear any reports of Rex Ryan confirming that Tebow would be starting next Sunday. Back to my point - given the complete lack of depth regarding our offensive positions, which QB do you trust more to make something happen? Sanchez is slightly better on paper, and I don't think we can rely on what seems to be Tebow's sheer luck in Denver to assume the same magic would happen with this offense. But considering here we are - and this is what we have to work with - I'd say start Sanchez and bring in Tebow when it becomes apparent that there's no way the Jets are doing anything super awesome with Sanchez. I believe that will probably be Ryan's plan on Sunday.

However I will say this: Sanchez seems to be regressing. You can't explain that. Meanwhile, while I don't necessarily love Tebow, I can still appreciate the fire in his belly and leadership that he tries to bring to his teams. However, that won't help his arm get any better. When he's on the field, you know what to expect: the run option. You don't fear Tebow. And yes while a solid defense and strong run game has helped many teams be successful, you NEED to have a good QB! Plain and simple! In the 4th quarter whichever team is losing - especially if it's by more than 1 TD - is going to have to step up and start throwing the ball consistently to move the chains and put points on the board as quickly as possible. With Tebow as QB, his limited ability to throw means it would be that much harder for the Jets to rally a comeback (and I can't exactly see them leading many games early on). That's going to be a huge Achilles heel for us.

Going forward, I'd suggest trading their older players for draft picks and starting over at this point, considering we seemingly have nothing to lose and no choice but to rebuild from scratch. The question is which position to address first. If the Jets could somehow make changes at the QB and RB position, that would be ideal. I think we need to address our offensive issues first, considering we've had a problem scoring points for quite some time now. Sure, everyone wants to talk about the dismal 34-0 loss to the 49ers... oh how quickly we forget the embarrassing 45-3 loss against New England last year, which we lost by an even greater spread.

To the person who said the entire defense can't fall apart on account of Revis' absence - yes it can, because Revis is THAT good. When he's on the field, he literally eliminates like half of where you can throw to. He's the best Corner in the league. Consider how high the Jets defense was rated, and now look at how they're doing without Revis. He pretty much accounted for the vast majority of whatever intimidation the Jets defense could muster. I'm not saying it SHOULD be like that, but those are the facts. Without him on the field, it changes the entire dynamic of how the offensive opposition prepares. Now you can throw on the Jets all day long.

It's just sad. Rex Ryan needs to channel that bravado into results. But I don't think any player on the team has confidence in either quarterback. At the end of the day, I think this comes down to a ton of mistakes regarding personnel decisions. I dunno who's to blame for that - Ryan? If so, then even though I appreciate his enthusiasm this nig nog's gotta go. Somebody has to account for the terrible mistake of bringing in Tebow and not ensuring a more solid back-up considering Sanchez's struggle.
President of DDO
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 10:32:30 AM
At 10/3/2012 7:23:42 AM, Danielle wrote:

Going forward, I'd suggest trading their older players for draft picks and starting over at this point, considering we seemingly have nothing to lose and no choice but to rebuild from scratch. The question is which position to address first. If the Jets could somehow make changes at the QB and RB position, that would be ideal. I think we need to address our offensive issues first, considering we've had a problem scoring points for quite some time now. Sure, everyone wants to talk about the dismal 34-0 loss to the 49ers... oh how quickly we forget the embarrassing 45-3 loss against New England last year, which we lost by an even greater spread.

+1

That should be their focus right now, getting as many picks they can get for the 2013 season. It would offend a ton of fans, but in the long run it would be best.
kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 1:10:50 PM
To the person who said the entire defense can't fall apart on account of Revis' absence - yes it can, because Revis is THAT good. When he's on the field, he literally eliminates like half of where you can throw to. He's the best Corner in the league. Consider how high the Jets defense was rated, and now look at how they're doing without Revis. He pretty much accounted for the vast majority of whatever intimidation the Jets defense could muster. I'm not saying it SHOULD be like that, but those are the facts. Without him on the field, it changes the entire dynamic of how the offensive opposition prepares. Now you can throw on the Jets all day long.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not doubting Revis' importance to the team. I know how good he is. He is undeniably the best corner in the game but what I meant was the Niners didn't pass the ball. They ran for 245 yards. With like 7 different players. As far as I know Revis isn't a good run stopper. That happens with or without Revis. They rushed one guy, just 1, and still blocked a punt . Thats a coaching problem right there. And truth be told I like Rex Ryan. Coverage wise, those guys need to step it up. I watched Kyle Wilson get burned like three times and he was lucky Manningham dropped the ball.
#BlackLivesMatter
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 3:15:17 AM
My take on the New York Jets. In Fantasy if i could I would pick up every defense that is playing the jets and play them that week. I don't see any upside for the jets, I think their season is already over. This is not the same jets that went to those AFC title games. To me, Mark Sanchez was never going to develop into anything more than the back up quality quarterback he is now. I would start Tebow on the sole reasoning that, HEY you are not going to win with Mark anyways. Mark's accuracy is not that much greater than Tebows. At least with Tebows your chance of a spectacular play is much higher.

ON OFFENSE

BIGGEST PROBLEM: That Offensive Line
Remember like 3-2 years ago the Jets had one of the best, if not THEE best offensive line in football? Nick Mangold last week got Dominated! If that offensive line struggles Mark Sanchez becomes a below average quarterback. The Jets heavily relied on the performance of their line. Mark Sanchez has no pocket presence and cannot feel pressure and move accordingly. Mark Sanchez only looked decent his first two years cause he had all day to throw.

Quarterback: Just move to Tebow...
Mark Sanchez is not the answer, time to move on. In 4 years since he has been here you would expect him to develop even a little bit more than he has since his rookie year. Mark Sanchez is a destined 70-79QBR rating quarterback. Mark Sanchez himself is not very accurate so I do not see the problem with letting Tebow have his time now. This is my point; you are bound to lose with Sanchez anyway, so why not try Tebow who's ability to make big plays his significantly higher than Sanchez's. Remember Tebow lived off those big plays in Denver. Jets need mobility at quarterback to amount some offense. Tebow forces defenses to run a difference scheme altogether.

Receivers: They have none
When your number one option is now Jeremy Kerley? (I think that's his name) you have a serious issue. The jets main gameplan in my eyes was to get Santonio Holmes going, then use Dustin Keller as the security blanket. Mark Sanchez ONLY knows how to look at TWO people. Dustin Keller is now gone, and Santonio Holmes is out for the season. You have no playmakers on offense, your quarterback is not good enough to maximize what minimal talent there is around him. Mark Sanchez to me is one of those quarterbacks where essentially if he is ever really good it would mainly be due to the efforts of a all pro receiver.

Runningback: Shonn Greene is obviously not the answer
I have not seen Shonn Greene play as well as he did three years ago when he and Thomas Jones ran together. Shonn Greene did not become that powerback everyone expected him to be. Shonn Greene is not going to get you that 1400 yards rushing and 10+ touchdown scores. It was a failed project. This is even worse news for Mark Sanchez. No Running game means no play action, which really was the only strength Mark Sanchez could really say he possessed. Try to run with Bilal Powell, gotta experiment with new schemes now. If the Jets can't run the ball and are forced to pass, its gonna be a long day every week.

DEFENSE= WHAT DEFENSE?
Darrelle Revis out for the season... your season is already over. Darrelle Revis is the sole reason their defense is ever ranked as high as it always is. They are always ranked in the top 5 in pass defense cause Darrelle Revis shuts down one side of the field. Whoever that guy is, he's not part of the game anymore. Antonio Cromartie now has to take on the top guy, and Cromartie is a moderate cornerback.

Jason Taylor is no longer there, Shaun Ellis is no longer there, Kris Jenkins no longer there. This team has NO DEFENSIVE LINE= NO PRESSURE ON OPPOSING QUARTERBACKS. This is a man coverage team, and they now do not have the corners to run this kind of defensive scheme anymore= OVER