Jump to topic:

Alex Smith

Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 10:30:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmmm. I say the Eagles. His weaknesses are negated by having a strong run game. If the Niners are smart, they'll keep him but he'll be worth too much money next year.

Jags could also use him.
#BlackLivesMatter
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 11:04:45 PM
The Eagles seem like a good fit. Smith probably won't want to go to the Jags, that's a HUGE dip from the 49ers. Depression city. The Eagles have a whole lot of potential talent though and Smith could be just what they need.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 4:21:27 AM
I still believe Smith should be starting. Kaepernick really hasn't played well enough for me to think he earned the starting job. I feel sorry for Smith his job was taken away for no reason. Smith was playing well this year.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 10:31:59 AM
Keep him for a year then trade him to the Cheifs for a draft pick.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:35:30 PM
I think the circumstances are pretty unfortunate for Smith, who has indeed gotten better and, who knows, was ultimately destined to win the SB this year (Vegas seems to think so, and nobody knows better than them).

However the reality of the situation is that Smith was a first round draft pick and, seven seasons later, has never realized the potential he was supposed to attain. Being picked ahead of Rodgers and living in his shadows has not been good either.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 6:13:54 PM
Thats true.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 7:21:15 PM
At 11/29/2012 5:35:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I think the circumstances are pretty unfortunate for Smith, who has indeed gotten better and, who knows, was ultimately destined to win the SB this year (Vegas seems to think so, and nobody knows better than them).

However the reality of the situation is that Smith was a first round draft pick and, seven seasons later, has never realized the potential he was supposed to attain. Being picked ahead of Rodgers and living in his shadows has not been good either.

He's not a disappointing draft pick. While it's quite obvious Aaron Rodgers is far better, Alex Smith is still a top 10 Quarterback in the league (Over the last 5 Games). Smith's consistency is a key factor for the 9'ers, and whether it be Kaepernick or Smith, the 9'ers defense will still carry the team. I think everyone is over-reacting to a 2 game win streak by a rookie QB. Not to mention last game there were 2 Defensive TD's for the 9'ers, making Kaepernick's job seem so much easier. Harbaugh is a great coach, and when the playoffs begin he will at least consider Smith, who has playoff experience. Why does everyone think Smith's time in SF is over? Two games is far too early to tell, wait till the playoffs.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 12:36:58 AM
I'm tired of that argument that just cause Aaron Rodgers is doing so well it means a punishment to smith. Aaron Rpdgers success is irrelevant. They had completely different situations.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 8:55:09 AM
I'm starting to think perhaps the Niners' fans are right; Smith didn't deserve to lose his job from a moral standpoint because he's worked hard and has the team ready for a SB run. To hand it over to Kaepernick now is a show of infidelity. It would have been more appropriate to tell Smith "Superbowl or bust" and let Kaepernick start in 2013 if Smith fails.

Maybe it's the tattoos, but Kaepernick looks like a punk to me. I just get the impression that it won't be long before he starts displaying a lack of mental discipline.

Did Harbaugh just kill the golden-egg-laying hen?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 11:04:15 AM
At 11/30/2012 8:55:09 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I'm starting to think perhaps the Niners' fans are right; Smith didn't deserve to lose his job from a moral standpoint because he's worked hard and has the team ready for a SB run. To hand it over to Kaepernick now is a show of infidelity. It would have been more appropriate to tell Smith "Superbowl or bust" and let Kaepernick start in 2013 if Smith fails.

Maybe it's the tattoos, but Kaepernick looks like a punk to me. I just get the impression that it won't be long before he starts displaying a lack of mental discipline.

I believe he did. Our defense is really good but sometimes, they just don't show up. People say Smith can't play from behind but he has proven he can. Of course he isn't an elite QB, I'll give you that, but really neither is Kap. I'd take experience over quick feet. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 36 times but is still the best QB in the league.
#BlackLivesMatter
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 6:07:36 PM
At 11/30/2012 11:04:15 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:

I believe he did. Our defense is really good but sometimes, they just don't show up. People say Smith can't play from behind but he has proven he can. Of course he isn't an elite QB, I'll give you that, but really neither is Kap. I'd take experience over quick feet. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 36 times but is still the best QB in the league.

NYG 26, SF 3. SF can't always rely on their defense (even though it does carry their team in the long run). Smith has playoff experience compared to Kap. I'm fine with Kap starting the rest of the season, but unless he proves to be that much better than Smith, we need to start Smith in the playoffs. Harbaughs a good coach, he knows what he's doing, and we don't know his thought process right now. Let's wait till the playoffs for now...
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 6:15:25 PM
At 11/30/2012 6:07:36 PM, Chicken wrote:

NYG 26, SF 3. SF can't always rely on their defense (even though it does carry their team in the long run). Smith has playoff experience compared to Kap. I'm fine with Kap starting the rest of the season, but unless he proves to be that much better than Smith, we need to start Smith in the playoffs. Harbaughs a good coach, he knows what he's doing, and we don't know his thought process right now. Let's wait till the playoffs for now...

I think if you intend to play Smith in the playoffs, you have to play him at least, the last 2 games of the regular season. If not, you risk him being stale come playoff time. Going against a playoff team after having 8 bye weeks could spell disaster.

@Rob, look up any interview with Kap on Youtube. He seems like an awesome guy to me, definently not a punk.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 6:41:42 PM
At 11/30/2012 6:15:25 PM, BlackVoid wrote:

I think if you intend to play Smith in the playoffs, you have to play him at least, the last 2 games of the regular season. If not, you risk him being stale come playoff time. Going against a playoff team after having 8 bye weeks could spell disaster.

@Rob, look up any interview with Kap on Youtube. He seems like an awesome guy to me, definently not a punk.

Yeah he's not. There's an article on NFL.com about his tattoos. He was a 4.0 gpa high school student and the tattoos are bible verses.
#BlackLivesMatter
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2012 10:21:14 PM
At 11/30/2012 6:41:42 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Yeah he's not. There's an article on NFL.com about his tattoos. He was a 4.0 gpa high school student and the tattoos are bible verses.

That's freakish.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2012 7:00:47 PM
At 11/30/2012 10:21:14 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 11/30/2012 6:41:42 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

That's freakish.

In Rob's defense, Prisoners tend to have crosses and random bible verses tattooed on them.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 2:40:43 PM
Wtf? And this is supposed to be a Super Bowl Caliber team? Giving away 8 points on offense? TO THE FUCKIN RAMS!
#BlackLivesMatter
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 2:42:32 PM
At 12/2/2012 2:40:43 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Wtf? And this is supposed to be a Super Bowl Caliber team? Giving away 8 points on offense? TO THE FUCKIN RAMS!

lol
kfc
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 4:37:43 PM

This is sarcasm right? It has to be.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 4:54:22 PM
At 12/2/2012 4:37:43 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Did you not watch the game?
#BlackLivesMatter
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 5:04:20 PM
At 12/2/2012 4:54:22 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 12/2/2012 4:37:43 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Did you not watch the game?

Our defense did not give up a single rushing, or passing touchdown...
Kaepernick fumbled and got safetied. How is that our defenses fault???
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 5:08:39 PM

Ok nvm I just read offense. Sorry I'm reading on my phone and I just woke up. But yeah offense sucked today. We need to get to average.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 5:13:26 PM
It was a matter of time before he had a game like this. Too much hype on Kaepernick before he did anything worth hyping about. He got credit for exceptional defensive play the last two weeks. I really think its time to give it back to smith. I hate qb controversies especially the ones happening in SF in recent years. Just reminds me of two years ago when we had Shaun Hill, Alex Smith, Troy Smith or whoever else fighting to start.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 5:16:16 PM
At 12/2/2012 5:08:39 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Ok nvm I just read offense. Sorry I'm reading on my phone and I just woke up. But yeah offense sucked today. We need to get to average.

Our offense is actually not that bad. We can score touchdowns win we need to. But Alex is our guy. Kaepernick, I love him, he's our QB of the future but right now we need experience and ball safety. And Akers needs to be replaced.
#BlackLivesMatter
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 5:55:27 PM
The 49ers cant be a superbowl ready team after a loss to the Rams. I know it was just a few mistakes but it still was against the rams.
kfc
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2012 8:08:02 PM
At 12/2/2012 5:55:27 PM, Koopin wrote:
The 49ers cant be a superbowl ready team after a loss to the Rams. I know it was just a few mistakes but it still was against the rams.

I count this as the 2nd loss to the Rams. The first just happens to be branched off to the side all by itself for some reason. I thought tieing with the Rams was sad enough, but now they've lost to the Rams... in OT. Start Smith, bench Kaepernick, Linsanity is over, the end.
Disciple of Koopin

Servant of Kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 12:56:01 AM
At 12/2/2012 8:08:02 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 12/2/2012 5:55:27 PM, Koopin wrote:

I count this as the 2nd loss to the Rams. The first just happens to be branched off to the side all by itself for some reason. I thought tieing with the Rams was sad enough, but now they've lost to the Rams... in OT. Start Smith, bench Kaepernick, Linsanity is over, the end.

Dont get ahead of yourselves gentleman. This is our division rival. More so than that they play almost like a Niners-beta version if you will, they've got a huge front seven, a very good O-line and a mean power run game. And being our division rival they now all about our players. Another thing they had going for them was insanely bad decisions by Colin Kaepernick. It also seemed like they tried to play conservative for some reason. I thought the whole point of bringing in CK was to stretch the field.

Oh well. New England better not sleep on the Niners.
#BlackLivesMatter