Jump to topic:

Fantasy Football Update

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 9:09:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Saturday night, I was updating my fantasy roster and switched my starting QB to Matt Stafford. I was in the middle of deciding on RBs when I had to leave abruptly to go pick up weed. When I got home, I smoked, watched a movie and went to bed. Apparently I forgot to hit "submit" and didn't realize it until it was too late. Stafford had a great game, but I didn't put him in. Instead I have RG3 starting, and call me crazy but I think the Giants are gonna dominate tonight (Rob has stated the opposite... we'll see my nigga). I also have Morris as my starting RB. Blah. I want the Giants to win, so I guess I'm rooting for my fantasy team to lose. Anyway, I'm still in desperate need of a starting RB. I'd be willing to trade Stafford, Heath Miller, Coby Fleener or Denarius Moore (Stafford is probably the most enticing but both TEs are solid too). Does anyone have an extra RB they'd be willing to put on the table?
President of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 9:12:12 AM
Im not into fantasy football. But as far as this year and the NFL and NCAA is concerned. It was great ! And yes, I do believe the NFL Superbowl champ just might be one that as not seen a title in a long time.
Go Crimson Tide, by the way. (wink)
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 4:44:19 PM
At 12/3/2012 9:12:12 AM, inferno wrote:
Im not into fantasy football. But as far as this year and the NFL and NCAA is concerned. It was great ! And yes, I do believe the NFL Superbowl champ just might be one that as not seen a title in a long time.
Go Crimson Tide, by the way. (wink)

What is this I don't even...
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 10:48:20 PM
If the Redskins win the NFC East, the Packers chances of winning the Suberbowl increase substantially.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 4:59:14 PM
At 12/3/2012 10:48:20 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
If the Redskins win the NFC East, the Niners chances of winning the Suberbowl increase substantially.

Fixed.
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 5:00:27 PM
You're team is better than me and Rob's. Probably should leave well enough alone considering it's playoff time
#BlackLivesMatter
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:32:37 PM
At 12/4/2012 5:00:27 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
You're team is better than me and Rob's. Probably should leave well enough alone considering it's playoff time

Not anymore. You guys have been letting me KILL it in FA. I just picked up Eagles RB Bryce Jones (last two games totaled 55.2 points) and Chargers WR Denario Alexander (58.6 points in last 4 games). I also got Steelers RB Jonathon Dwyer who just scored 11.7 points last game and is getting the go-ahead over Mendenhall going forward but I can't even get him in on flex with Foster and Leshoure killing it in the butt. A few weeks you guys dropped Denver D/ST and Andrew Luck onto waivers for me and I finally made up for not drafting strong on QB and D/ST in the draft.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 12:16:40 AM
At 12/6/2012 11:32:37 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 12/4/2012 5:00:27 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Not anymore. You guys have been letting me KILL it in FA. I just picked up Eagles RB Bryce Jones (last two games totaled 55.2 points) and Chargers WR Denario Alexander (58.6 points in last 4 games). I also got Steelers RB Jonathon Dwyer who just scored 11.7 points last game and is getting the go-ahead over Mendenhall going forward but I can't even get him in on flex with Foster and Leshoure killing it in the butt. A few weeks you guys dropped Denver D/ST and Andrew Luck onto waivers for me and I finally made up for not drafting strong on QB and D/ST in the draft.

Foster @ the Patriots next week, have fun. Good call on Bryce Jones because you already have 2 good RB's, but I don't know about picking up Denario Alexander. Haven't look at the Chargers schedule, but can't really see anything big coming up from anyone on that team... His little 12+ Fantasy points per week was just a short faze.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2012 7:55:12 AM
I'll take responsibility for dropping Andrew Luck. I started him in week 6 and he promptly $hit the bed, so I dropped him. Fast forward to week 13 where Drew Brees throws 5 picks and Andrew Luck scores 30-something points on me.
#BlackLivesMatter
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:47:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Holy 40 pt game for Newton to let Korashk crush me...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 5:13:23 PM
Looks like the top three teams in our league will lose this week, Danielle might bounce back but Drew Brees is playing like Kevin F*cking Kolb out there.
#BlackLivesMatter
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 6:49:13 PM
At 12/9/2012 5:13:23 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Looks like the top three teams in our league will lose this week, Danielle might bounce back but Drew Brees is playing like Kevin F*cking Kolb out there.

I got fvcked by Coby Fleener who I put in for Heath Miller, thinking that Fleener would have a good day with Luck against Tennessee. Coby didn't even get me 1 point -_-

I have the Giants D/ST, so Wilson's kick return helped me out a bit though the Saints did score a lot of points, and there weren't really any sacks or big plays on defense from the G-Men.

Every week I question whether to put in Stafford (who I picked pretty early in the draft) or RG3. Of course lately I've been going with RG3, but this time I put in Stafford so we'll see how him and Johnson do against the Packers which I'll be watching at 8:30. I also have in Welker and Danny Woodhead against the Patriots as my starting RB. Yes... Woodhead. As I said, I have no fvcking starting RBs as all of mine got injured. FML. If I had a healthy MJD this season, I'm pretty sure I would have had it in the bag.

Admittedly I got rid of some pretty good players earlier on in the season, but I think I'm in OK shape. Also, I didn't even realize that the trade deadline is long gone, so we can't trade players anyhow.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 7:00:33 PM
My 2 biggest mistakes in the draft were 1) not picking Doug Martin when I had the chance, because I KNEW he would be a steal and yet I assumed others wouldn't catch on and he'd be available for longer than he really was (though he still didn't get picked up until pretty late if I remember correctly). I see now that the DDO strategy seems to be very RB friendly so I'll keep that in mind for future drafts. My 2) mistake was picking Stafford pretty early - 4th round - but in my defense I couldn't really foresee that as a mistake. Coupled with Johnson (my first pick) and given Stafford's 5K+ passing yard season last year, I thought it was a smart thing to do. I got lucky with RG3 as a back-up. He definitely won't be at back-up status next year.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:16:07 PM
Yeah, there's no way I can win this week. Stafford and Johnson haven't done a thing. The only players I have left are Danny Woodhead (who isn't even a starter) and Wes Welker. My opponent's QB is Tom Brady, so even if Welker got a lot of points, that would mean Brady put up big numbers also. Oh well.
President of DDO
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:12:44 PM
Funny that Zaradi quit so early yet has AP. Just read an article that pretty much said that whoever has him is going to win out in the playoffs. P Manning also turned out to be great... I think he let the trash-talking get to him - he could be in the playoffs right now.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 11:39:16 PM
Oh, and my opponent (I don't know DDO names matched with teams) also has the Texans defense, so yes I definitely lost this week. God fvcking damnit I need a RB. Why oh why has MJD been injured this WHOLE TIME >_<

Adrian Peterson is a beast. He really is. And on that note, the Vikings have been quite underrated this season. It could very well come down to that final game against the Packers. The NFC North & East are really exciting this year!

Peyton Manning's gonna light it up in December. I think the Broncos are going to make a legitimate Superbowl run. Peyton deserves it. I don't think I could root for anyone else in the AFC except for maybe the Ravens (with an obvious Ray Rice bias <3).
President of DDO
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 8:47:50 AM
At 12/9/2012 11:39:16 PM, Danielle wrote:
Oh, and my opponent (I don't know DDO names matched with teams) also has the Texans defense, so yes I definitely lost this week. God fvcking damnit I need a RB. Why oh why has MJD been injured this WHOLE TIME >_<

Why didn't you pick up Moreno? You had waiver priority ahead of me and Rob. Had you picked him up, your RB problems would be fixed.
#BlackLivesMatter
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 10:10:48 AM
At 12/12/2012 8:47:50 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Why didn't you pick up Moreno? You had waiver priority ahead of me and Rob. Had you picked him up, your RB problems would be fixed.

I should have, especially with Mcgahee (my former player) being injured... but I haven't been following the Broncos, and had no idea who he was.

What are your team names anyway? The only ones I can identify are Korashk and Airmax...
President of DDO
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 2:34:42 PM
At 12/16/2012 1:01:41 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Danielle doesn't have a QB....oh dear...

Feeling win almost guaranteed now... LOL
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 2:52:16 PM
At 12/16/2012 2:34:42 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Well then, seeing how I'm up almost 80 points, I'll see you in the championship
#BlackLivesMatter
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 2:56:59 PM
At 12/16/2012 2:52:16 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
At 12/16/2012 2:34:42 PM, Loserboi wrote:

Well then, seeing how I'm up almost 80 points, I'll see you in the championship

Geez, huge game for you... I told ya drafting two defenses would work out for your team :P
Debate.org Moderator
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 4:47:22 PM
Oh NOOO lol I totally forgot to update my team (duh) and I totally forgot that we were in the playoffs! Oh well. Bad luck on my part. You're lucky I have a life lol ugh. I feel pretty good about the rest of my season though. Like I said, had MJD been around - or ANY of my first few RBs for that matter - I pretty much would have dominated. A first place season finish is good enough for me :)
President of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 10:53:43 PM
At 12/23/2012 4:40:22 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I am your Debate.org fantasy champion! Bask in my awesomeness, you peasants!

Congratulations on winning the DDO Fantasy Football Championship!!
Debate.org Moderator