Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 8:02:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Giants 7-5
Redskins 6-6
Cowboys 6-6
Eagles... who cares

This is why it's one of the best and most exciting divisions in the league. Even though the Giants SHOULD be worried, I'm not, because the G-men seem to thrive in this situation. Their schedule is always tough - especially toward the end - and it's always an uphill climb, yet I never count them out and rightfully so. This situation reminds me a lot of last season, and we all know how that turned out. They're used to fighting hard and I believe in them. Do I have any other choice? :)

But back to reality. The Skins or the Cowboys could easily take the division from the Giants, because the G-man do, in fact, have a really rough upcoming schedule with games against the Saints (home), Falcons (away), Ravens (away), and Eagles (home). Theoretically, the Giants could win all 4 games. Realistically, I'll assume for all intents and purposes of this thread that they win 2 though I predict they win 3.

So let's suppose the Giants end the season at 9-7.

The Skins face: Ravens (home), Browns (away), Eagles (away), Cowboys (home).

The Boys play: Bengals (away), Steelers (home), Saints (home), Skins (away).

The final game of the season between those 2 teams is going to be HUGE. I think it will determine who goes to the playoffs, and by that I mean between the Skins and the Giants. I don't see the Cowboys really making a run for whatever reason, but you never know. For now I'll assume that they're out, and the Giants and Skins might end up neck and neck at 9-7 or 10-6. It's going to be REALLY close. These next 4 weeks are huge :3

Of course, the Giants have a tougher burden, but also more experience (though key injuries as well). Both teams play the Ravens-- I think that will be a big factor. The Skins have home field advantage against them however, as well as the fact that they are coming off a big win against the Giants. Still, I'm gonna go ahead and say that I still think the Giants are gonna win the division. Yes, on paper, it looks very close - and it probably is - but when I look at the Giants vs. the Skins, I just think the Giants are an all-around much better team. RG3 is responsible for most of the Skins' success, whereas the Giants are more complete. They were unprepared to deal with Griffin yesterday, but face it, RG3 didn't put up great numbers and the Giants' penalties and missed FG off the bad snap are really what lost them the game by 1 point. The Redskins had no business winning against Big Blue. The Giants clearly beat themselves.

As it stands now, I think the Bears will win the WC spot, so these next 4 weeks are really critical for the NFC East in particular.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 11:23:45 PM
I think the Boys are not going to do well in the final stretches of the season. Their defense has not been doing well. While they are 2 - 1 over their last 3 games, they were lit up by rookie QBs in all three of those games (2 of the rookies may not even have real starting careers and 2 teams were not even close to winning seasons and even good teams).

Over those three games the rookie QBs were 61/96 (63.5% completion) for 765 yards with 7 TDs and only 1 pick (to RG3, oddly enough). They are basically giving up a QBR of 108.2, to rookie QBs. If your Defense gives that up to normal starters, you're in big trouble, but to give it up to Rookies is really bad.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 6:40:48 AM
GO GIANTS! My Niners apparently can only win against teams we're expected to lose against. (Packers, Saints, Bears). After a solid whump a few weeks ago add the Giants to that list.
#BlackLivesMatter
Solanale
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 12:09:40 PM
At 12/5/2012 6:40:48 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
GO GIANTS! My Niners apparently can only win against teams we're expected to lose against. (Packers, Saints, Bears). After a solid whump a few weeks ago add the Giants to that list.

Yeah Niners all day
"Damn, those were some good tacos"-Martin Luther King, Jr.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:00:57 PM
It sucks that so many of the NFC East divisional games are early in the season.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:35:18 PM
The Redskins will take the division, their schedule is far easier than the Giants. Assuming the Cowgirls and Romoception don't beat them in their final game, no matter how good the Giants play, they will ultimately either be tied with the Redskins at 10-6 (They will not win all 4 games) and obviously Washington gets the tiebreak, or they will be a game behind at 9-7. I haven't been paying attention to the wildcard for the NFC, only the AFC wildcard since more than half of the AFC teams are either at .500 or below.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:12:38 PM
My Boys have little chance. The Skins have 2 games you can just look at and say they'll probably win, and the Giants have one. Dallas has none. Plus, the offense has been the liability all season, but now the defense is struggling too. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get routed by Cincy.

The Giants will probably win it. They're still a better team than anyone else in the division. They have a tendency to dominate the final 25% of the season. And at least their defense has the potential to be a strength, whereas the Skins' is pretty much destined to be a weakness until significant improvements are made.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:00:47 PM
The Packers have shown that they are utterly inept at handling the Giants... They are constructed absolutely perfectly to mesh with our flaws. Our pass game is nullified by their ability to give support to the safeties while keeping the pressure on the QB, and it just so happens that the best passing teams typically are weak against the pass, which they exploit with a couple of elite receivers and a QB who is ice-cold under pressure.

But they don't seem to be that good against a lot of other types of teams.

I am praying the Romo somehow gets the division, because I know the Packers would just smoke them. Charles Woodson would probably pick him off seven times. the R3GSkins would probably not stand a chance either, we beat Vick and the Eagles both times we played them. But if the Giants win, it is going to be pretty scary for Packers fans, as well as New England fans. If NY wins again I bet the Packers will suddenly tank and catch the low-seed to avoid playing them...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
LeoL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 4:48:21 PM
If the Giants actually win the next four games, they will go to the Superbowl, again. Giants time to shine again, watch them.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? -Douglas Adams
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2012 5:24:43 PM
At 12/8/2012 4:48:21 PM, LeoL wrote:
If the Giants actually win the next four games, they will go to the Superbowl, again. Giants time to shine again, watch them.

http://wallpoper.com...
kfc
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 5:14:40 PM
If the Giants look like they are going to stay in first for the moment.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 6:19:01 PM
At 12/9/2012 5:14:40 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
If the Giants look like they are going to stay in first for the moment.

Yes. Whew. But Dallas and Washington both won today also -_-
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 6:04:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/11/2012 12:59:39 PM, Brock2626 wrote:
1. Redskins
2. Giants
3. Cowboys
4. Eagles

Unfortunately, this may be accurate :/ The Redskins have an easy upcoming schedule. Griffin might be slightly injured, but they're playing the BROWNS next week which should be an easy win for them. Then they face the Eagles, big deal. Finally, they take on the Cowboys for their last game of the season @ home. They could easily win all 3 games.

Meanwhile, the Giants have to play the Falcons and Ravens - both #1 in their respective divisions - away. Then they have the Eagles @ home. Sigh. All I can hope for is that 1) Griffin's rookie-ness comes into play and they choke... but after the Ravens game, I doubt it, and 2) the Giants' end-of-the-season luck comes into play, where they tend to dominate big teams late in the season for a rally. Who knows - maybe that will prepare them well for the Superbowl like it did last year :)

The Bears or the Seahawks will likely take the WC spot, so the Giants really need to come through. Go Big Blue! I really do believe they can do it. This is Eli's time to shine. If only we could establish a run game...
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 7:31:48 PM
At 12/11/2012 6:04:43 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/11/2012 12:59:39 PM, Brock2626 wrote:
1. Redskins
2. Giants
3. Cowboys
4. Eagles

Unfortunately, this may be accurate :/ The Redskins have an easy upcoming schedule. Griffin might be slightly injured, but they're playing the BROWNS next week which should be an easy win for them. Then they face the Eagles, big deal. Finally, they take on the Cowboys for their last game of the season @ home. They could easily win all 3 games.

Meanwhile, the Giants have to play the Falcons and Ravens - both #1 in their respective divisions - away. Then they have the Eagles @ home. Sigh. All I can hope for is that 1) Griffin's rookie-ness comes into play and they choke... but after the Ravens game, I doubt it, and 2) the Giants' end-of-the-season luck comes into play, where they tend to dominate big teams late in the season for a rally. Who knows - maybe that will prepare them well for the Superbowl like it did last year :)

The Bears or the Seahawks will likely take the WC spot, so the Giants really need to come through. Go Big Blue! I really do believe they can do it. This is Eli's time to shine. If only we could establish a run game...

Browns might be harder than expected, especially if Griffin doesn't play. They've been doing pretty well for their last three games, against pocket QBs, of which Cousins is. RG3 would likely be able to throw a wrench in their defensive comfort zone to really help the Redskins, but it should be important to not completely underestimate the Browns.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 9:20:00 PM
Good point - I know the Browns have been vastly improving. Regardless, the Redskins schedule is so ridiculously easy compared to the Giants' upcoming schedule. Each and every upcoming game is going to be so important to the NFC East (and North for that matter).
President of DDO