Jump to topic:

NFL Football Discussion

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:14:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I can't find the other thread, and I wanna talk about football.

A lot has happened today. How bout them Panthers!
kfc
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:23:31 PM
At 12/9/2012 4:19:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm waiting for the Baltimore Washington highlights to be posted, but I hear it was crazy.

How bout them Rams?
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:27:02 PM
I really didn't foresee the Vikings beating the Bears today... But that's great for my Packers...

Atlanta losing to the Panthers is also a big surprise, though I've always thought Atlanta would lose a game like this at some point during the season... It's actually probably a good thing for that team that it happened now. I still think they are one and done in the playoffs though.

And the biggest surprise has to be Washington over Baltimore... RG3 got injured though so it might be a pyrrhic victory..
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:27:44 PM
At 12/9/2012 4:23:31 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:
At 12/9/2012 4:19:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
I'm waiting for the Baltimore Washington highlights to be posted, but I hear it was crazy.

How bout them Rams?

They beat Buffalo....

Neither team was favored in that one :P
Debate.org Moderator
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 4:56:28 PM
At 12/9/2012 4:50:13 PM, Koopin wrote:
Houston Patriots is gonna be good.

I expect a lot of points. Houston has 5 starters on defense who're injured and 4 of them won't play. They also lost their #1 slot corner, so they'll be putting their rookie CB on Wes Welker all game. And as for the Patriots D, well, its the Patriots.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 5:10:51 PM
At 12/9/2012 4:56:28 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/9/2012 4:50:13 PM, Koopin wrote:
Houston Patriots is gonna be good.

I expect a lot of points. Houston has 5 starters on defense who're injured and 4 of them won't play. They also lost their #1 slot corner, so they'll be putting their rookie CB on Wes Welker all game. And as for the Patriots D, well, its the Patriots.

Oh, if only Gronk was well.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 6:57:14 PM
I actually had a feeling that the Vikings would beat the Bears, but I picked the Bears to win because it seemed like an "obvious" choice with the Bears looking to make a run for the playoffs and all.

I was pissed that I didn't get to watch the Ravens/Redskins game, because in NY they were airing the Cowboys/Bengals and Jets/Jaguars game instead. Honestly, the Jets came was so bad and so boring that my cousin refused to watch it and forced me to watch the Cowboys game instead.

I think the Patriots will beat the Texans, but you never know. Atlanta's definitely going to the playoffs but I don't think they'll make it far. I do think they have a chance to beat the Giants next week, especially coming off this loss which is pretty embarrassing for them. However, maybe the Falcons will just get lazy knowing that they pretty much are walking into the playoffs given the Saints' loss today. That would be awesome for my G-men who need all the help we can get now that the Cowboys and Redskins both won today. Yikes.
President of DDO
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 7:10:44 PM
The Bears are ravaged with injuries right now. I was thinking it would be close, but that is some of the worst football I have ever seen.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 9:09:54 PM
At 12/9/2012 8:53:55 PM, Koopin wrote:
Every Packers fan should be extremely worried about their team right now. You can only have so any excuses.

What the...

What drugs did the Packers take during halftime?
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:18:30 PM
At 12/9/2012 7:13:57 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Indeed... The Cardinals are just terrible.. 8 turnovers

Lol but the Jets barely beat them last week, 7-6. SMH. Woody Johnson should just put me in charge.
President of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:32:39 PM
Colts are 9 and 4 with a point differential of -37 points hah
plus if the Texans lose tomorrow and the Colts beat them both times they play, the colts win the division.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:34:37 PM
At 12/9/2012 10:18:30 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/9/2012 7:13:57 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Indeed... The Cardinals are just terrible.. 8 turnovers

Lol but the Jets barely beat them last week, 7-6. SMH. Woody Johnson should just put me in charge.

haha clearly the Jets aren't a good team... and I agree, he should make you the GM... It couldn't hurt. They also should get a coach who isn't as annoying as Rex Ryan. I hate to root for someone to fail, but that guy is so annoying and has such a big mouth it's hard not to.
Debate.org Moderator
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:43:34 PM
At 12/9/2012 10:34:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
haha clearly the Jets aren't a good team... and I agree, he should make you the GM... It couldn't hurt. They also should get a coach who isn't as annoying as Rex Ryan. I hate to root for someone to fail, but that guy is so annoying and has such a big mouth it's hard not to.

You really think Rex is that annoying? To me, what's obnoxious is the fact that he loses. I don't care that he's arrogant. I think that if you're in a division with the New England Patriots, you kind of have to be. You need to convince your team (and the fans) that you can compete. I also think it's probably tough to always be living in the Giants' shadow. I would be OK with Ryan's mouth if he actually backed up his smack talk. To be fair, the Jets did go to a few AFC championship games recently. I also think they're unfairly singled out BECAUSE of the drama and negative attention they bring upon themselves. Teams with worse records than the Jets: Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Eagles, Lions, SAINTS, Panthers, Cardinals and they're tied with the Rams and Bucs. The Jets are on the lower side of average at 6-7, but average nonetheless. I just think their team is so uninspiring to watch. They need to make key personnel changes ASAP. The only way I would keep Ryan is if I gave the team an entire makeover. Otherwise, I feel like a lot of the problems have in fact stemmed from coaching problems.
President of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2012 10:55:02 PM
At 12/9/2012 10:43:34 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/9/2012 10:34:37 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

You really think Rex is that annoying? To me, what's obnoxious is the fact that he loses. I don't care that he's arrogant. I think that if you're in a division with the New England Patriots, you kind of have to be. You need to convince your team (and the fans) that you can compete. I also think it's probably tough to always be living in the Giants' shadow. I would be OK with Ryan's mouth if he actually backed up his smack talk. To be fair, the Jets did go to a few AFC championship games recently. I also think they're unfairly singled out BECAUSE of the drama and negative attention they bring upon themselves. Teams with worse records than the Jets: Jaguars, Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Eagles, Lions, SAINTS, Panthers, Cardinals and they're tied with the Rams and Bucs. The Jets are on the lower side of average at 6-7, but average nonetheless. I just think their team is so uninspiring to watch. They need to make key personnel changes ASAP. The only way I would keep Ryan is if I gave the team an entire makeover. Otherwise, I feel like a lot of the problems have in fact stemmed from coaching problems.

I don't disagree with anything you just said, but yeah, I do find him very annoying... It often just goes with the territory of the NFL, but I find outright arrogance (especially when its not backed up) to be very off-putting.

Randy Moss and Terrell Owens are great talents, but I find them both to be pretty obnoxious as well. (No superbowl wins between them, granted they are 'just' WRs.)

If Rex Ryan had a super bowl win as a head coach I'd probably give him a break, but until then he's just another obnoxious NFL personality that needs to shut up and speak louder with results.
Debate.org Moderator
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 9:00:19 PM
At 12/10/2012 8:57:05 PM, Koopin wrote:
Give me an o,v,e,r,r,a,t,e,d!

What does that spell?

Texans!

This is the second time they've been blown out though. Green Bay smacked them in the mouth. Looks like they just can't handle elite teams.
#BlackLivesMatter
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 9:12:35 PM
They're making way more mistakes than normal. The botched fumble recovery, 2 pass interferences on 3rd down, the dropped 4th down pass, and Schaub is missing too many people.

The Green Bay game they were dominated, but this game they're dominating themselves. They need to step it up before this becomes another Patriots super-blowout.

Vince Wilfork is a monster.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 9:27:27 PM
At 12/10/2012 9:12:35 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
They're making way more mistakes than normal. The botched fumble recovery, 2 pass interferences on 3rd down, the dropped 4th down pass, and Schaub is missing too many people.

The Green Bay game they were dominated, but this game they're dominating themselves. They need to step it up before this becomes another Patriots super-blowout.

Vince Wilfork is a monster.

Yeah, they are beating themselves, but the Patriots D is really showing up.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 8:51:56 AM
At 12/10/2012 9:00:19 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
This is the second time they've been blown out though. Green Bay smacked them in the mouth. Looks like they just can't handle elite teams.

Best team at dominating elite teams: New York Giants, motherfvcker.

Patriots? LULZ. Packers? NO PROBLEMO! Niners? HAHA!

So dear gawd let them just manhandle the Falcons today and get to the friggen playoffs, PLZ.
President of DDO
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 8:58:37 AM
At 12/16/2012 8:51:56 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/10/2012 9:00:19 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

So dear gawd let them just manhandle the Falcons today and get to the friggen playoffs, PLZ.

Final score: NYG 21, ATL 24. That is my prediction. The Falcons must be PO'd at their loss to the Panthers, and may just play decently this game. I predict Eli won't have a great game (under 300 yards in the air) and maybe a pick or two.

As for the Packers, they'll be fine, 9'ers will be fine, Patriots shined, Texans are worrying me with all the injuries they have on defense, and their inability to make big plays on offense.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 9:46:20 AM
At 12/16/2012 8:51:56 AM, Danielle wrote:

Danielle, I have to say that you are a bit in the clouds with your team. New York isn't the team that everyone quakes when they hear their name this year. They are a good team, but laughing off the Packers, Patriots, and niners is... well... laughable.

You team is not the best team in the NFL at the moment.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 10:05:04 AM
Now I am not ruling out the Giants. I could see yet another Patriots Giants Super Bowl (which I would shoot myself if they beat them again.) If the Giants can bet the Falcons they will have beaten the number 1,2, and 3 seed.
kfc