Jump to topic:

Any NBA fans?

emj32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 9:40:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It seems this forum should be renamed from 'Sports' to 'Football'. So I ask, are there any NBA fans here? I am, unfortunately, a Lakers fan. What a season we're having so far...
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 10:48:29 PM
Its hard to be a fan of a sport where the results of the championships is so repetitive.

I AM HAPPY that the Lakers are playing as bad as they are. I am happy that their buying of players, making shady deals (I really don't know how some of these deal are being made...) are not working out for once. Kobe is a premadonna, and nobody calls him out on it cause he has 5 rings. They never give up any significant pieces to acquire the key players that they have acquired. I just hate the Lakers, I hate how they ruin the NBA. I watch any other sport I have a sense of surprise on who makes the world series, or the Superbowl. But, NBA i am NEVER surprised. Miami, LA, Boston, SA blah blah blah. ONLY REAL surprise I have seen from the NBA is when Dallas upset the Heat few years back. Out of the 12 years I have been watching the NBA, I just got tired of seeing the same thing over and over every year, when LA got Gasol I just had enough of it. I just rolled my eyes when they made that trade happen... KWAME BROWN? Watch Stephen A's reaction when that happened just how I reacted.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 11:08:35 PM
NCAA on the other hand...go Hoosiers
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2012 11:11:30 PM
At 12/10/2012 10:48:29 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Kobe is a premadonna, and nobody calls him out on it cause he has 5 rings.

Wow, finally someone else who thinks this. Seriously, you're 100% right. I still remember the day when he called out to the ref in the middle of a game and yelled "f*cking faggot" at him. If anyone else in the NBA did this, ESPN would be all over it. If LeBron did it, it would be the end of the world. But because its Kobe, its just a passing thought that gets maybe 5 minutes of coverage.

Its hard for me to root against them though because D'Antoni is cool.
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 12:00:21 AM
At 12/10/2012 11:11:30 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 12/10/2012 10:48:29 PM, Loserboi wrote:
Kobe is a premadonna, and nobody calls him out on it cause he has 5 rings.

Wow, finally someone else who thinks this. Seriously, you're 100% right. I still remember the day when he called out to the ref in the middle of a game and yelled "f*cking faggot" at him. If anyone else in the NBA did this, ESPN would be all over it. If LeBron did it, it would be the end of the world. But because its Kobe, its just a passing thought that gets maybe 5 minutes of coverage.

Its hard for me to root against them though because D'Antoni is cool.

There are a lot of instances where Kobe acts like a douche.
Just this year there were two
- he calls the news writers stupid for saying there is concern for LA losing their first three games. All ESPN had to say was "HE IS KOBE! The man has 5 rings he has the right to say what he wants!"
- Kobe loses a game by like 10 points and walks off the court before the clock times out... Lebron leaves the game in the game 4 loss to the spurs and we don't stop hearing about it for 2 weeks about bad sportsmanship.

In the past
When the Jason Kidd trade did not go through "Who's Andrew Bynum?!"
When they were eliminated from the playoffs and struggling "I Would like to be traded"
More more and more instances and nobody ever gives Kobe crap, anyone else doesn't get the same treatment.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 5:53:39 PM
Growing up in BK, my first favorite team was the Knicks when I got into basketball in the 2nd grade. However, the first professional game I attended was a Nets game when I lived in Jersey later on. The Nets sucked, but as such I always got good deals on their tickets so tended to go to more of their games. I've only been to a couple of Knicks games at MSG. The Knicks have also been pretty bad for most of my life (especially after the Patrick Ewing days, minus our brief stint with a decent Marbury), but still I was a NYK fan.

I prefer the Knicks, but one time Vi and I got courtside tickets to the Nets vs. Spurs and that was pretty awesome. Anyway. Now that the Nets are in BK and have completely changed their M.O., including owners, coaches, players and just their entire dynamic, I'm a lot more excited about them. Brooklyn is where I was born and raised, and plan on moving back very soon (February). However, I can't deny the part of me that's a Jersey girl; I've lived there for awhile as well as attend school there, and the Nets are part of my Jersey/BK identity, specifically (lol @ identifying with sports teams). Sooo yeah. That's my story. Knicks/Nets fan here... KNICKS ALL DAY. I've got a good feeling about this year :) We'll definitely make the playoffs at least, if we can stay healthy and consistent *knocks on wood*
President of DDO
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:06:30 AM
If the warriors can continue to play well and make the playoffs I will consider the NBA relevant again.

SF giants win World Series

The SF Niners just have to win the Super Bowl
And the golden state warriors gotta win the championship it would be an amazing year for the Bay Area.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 9:38:25 AM
I'm PHX Suns fan. I believe MLB is more important than NFL.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 9:56:00 AM
At 12/13/2012 9:38:25 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I'm PHX Suns fan. I believe MLB is more important than NFL.

credibility = lost, lol
President of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 10:10:43 AM
Well I'm a Red Sox fan and I like the BoSox more then the Steeler, Broncos, Suns, and Blue Devils.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~