Jump to topic:

Bama or Irish?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 4:15:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Bama unfortunately it should be Bama vs. Ohio St.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 5:56:44 PM
Bama probs but I'll be rooting for ND. They might pull off an underdog victory given they've seemingly got a lot of heart, and everyone is expecting them to lose (though rightfully so...).
President of DDO
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2012 11:01:48 PM
I think too many people are discounting ND based solely off the fact that its Alabama.

There's a few reasons to think that Notre Dame has a good shot of knocking them off:

1. Bama's defense isn't as good as last year. They've struggled against the best teams on their schedule. LSU, A&M, and Georgia all had success throwing the ball, and LSU's QB is horrible. Bama has also struggled on third-down defense against these teams.

2. Bama's offense is above average, but nothing more. They have a good run game, but Notre Dame is the #1 statistical defense in the country and run defense is their forte. The media likes to criticize their pass defense, but when they played #11 ranked OU on the road, OU tried to take advantage and ended up throwing the ball 50 times. It didn't work, they scored 13 points.

OU's QB and receivers are better than Bama's.

3. The very nature of the game will make it a low-scoring, close game, meaning anyone can win. Both teams rely on their run game and defense. Whenever that happens, you usually end up with a 17-14 type of game. At that point, it just takes a lucky call here or a dropped pass there to change the outcome.

Honestly I think its 50/50. The best argument for Bama is that no freshman QB has ever won the championship, but we could have said the same thing about the Heisman this year, so...its really a toss-up. Bama will be favored, but I don't see them having enough firepower to make it more than a possible 10-point win.

But like you guys, I'll be rooting for Notre Dame. Brian Kelly's a boss.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:09:01 PM
Yah I'd be rootin' for ND just cause they're the underdog.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 1:11:42 PM
Rooting for Notre Dame. If only to channel my inner-Irishman and drink a fifth of Jameson. Not that I need an excuse, but it makes me feel better about myself.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 10:22:47 AM
At 12/12/2012 1:11:42 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Rooting for Notre Dame. If only to channel my inner-Irishman and drink a fifth of Jameson. Not that I need an excuse, but it makes me feel better about myself.

Irish carbombs every time they score? I think yes.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 10:35:23 AM
Bama!!!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 1:36:53 PM
At 12/14/2012 10:22:47 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 1:11:42 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Irish carbombs every time they score? I think yes.

How about anytime there is a score. Because if the Irish score, I'm gonna want to do it because I'm happy. If Alabama scores, I'm gonna want one because of the soul crushing depression I will feel if Alabama wins the national title.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.