Jump to topic:

Ironman Triathlon Tips

tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 11:06:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Has anyone on here ever completed an ironman? I'm registered for the lake placid ironman in July, but i'm starting to get really nervous about it. Any tips would be appreciated.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 12:28:28 AM
I know a handful of Ironman athletes and it seems like all they do is train. You trying just to do it or are you going to be pretty competitive?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 4:49:19 AM
At 1/28/2013 12:28:28 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I know a handful of Ironman athletes and it seems like all they do is train. You trying just to do it or are you going to be pretty competitive?

I'm looking for a time in the low-9 hours range. So not overly competitive, but I would like to be up there .
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush