Jump to topic:

World Series

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2009 6:51:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
We obviously know who I'm rooting for, but I think the Phillies may take this. I think the Yanks will struggle in this series; Lee and Martinez are bad @ss pitchers. Not to mention Martinez is facing Burnett tomorrow, and AJ failed us miserably against the Angels. The Phillies will crucify him, I'm afraid... but I guess we'll see!
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2009 8:27:21 PM
At 10/28/2009 6:51:12 PM, theLwerd wrote:
We obviously know who I'm rooting for, but I think the Phillies may take this. I think the Yanks will struggle in this series; Lee and Martinez are bad @ss pitchers. Not to mention Martinez is facing Burnett tomorrow, and AJ failed us miserably against the Angels. The Phillies will crucify him, I'm afraid... but I guess we'll see!

yep.... sucks
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2009 9:23:32 PM
At 10/29/2009 9:04:46 PM, theLwerd wrote:
AJ was really impressive tonight. And I HATE PEDRO! What Yankee fan doesn't?!

And you thought Pedro vs AJ would be to much for him to handle.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 8:29:56 PM
If Joe Girardi would have switched Rodriguez and Texiera in the batting order, the Yankees would have won. It's time to do it. I love Tex - he's great (especially his D, and the fact that he led the AL in home runs), but he's like 2/18 in the series. He's not performing. You need A-Rod in that 3 spot and save Tex for clean-up. Had that been done, this would be over :) Anyway. Go Yankees.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 9:24:48 PM
At 11/2/2009 8:29:56 PM, theLwerd wrote:
If Joe Girardi would have switched Rodriguez and Texiera in the batting order, the Yankees would have won. It's time to do it. I love Tex - he's great (especially his D, and the fact that he led the AL in home runs), but he's like 2/18 in the series. He's not performing. You need A-Rod in that 3 spot and save Tex for clean-up. Had that been done, this would be over :) Anyway. Go Yankees.

Good point... but so far not to bad... i don't think he would do it... unless they lose the next game... then he will have to do something to shake it up for game 7.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2009 8:34:51 PM
Joe Girardi's decision to start A.J. Burnett on short rest didn't seem like a good idea before Game 5. Afterward, it looked even worse.

This could have cost the whole thing...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2009 9:06:38 PM
Agreed. CC Sabathia did okay on 3 days rest, but not fantastic. Then again, Cliff Lee had 4 days rest and still did just alright in Game 5 (not as good as he was in Game 1). The problem though is that the Yankees don't really have a 4th starter. All the Yankees relief pitchers kinda suck too. I guess Joba Chambelain could have started Game 5 instead of AJ Burnett. That would have been the best thing to do, especially since AJ was pretty much a waste whereas he could have been of use in Game 6 (if it went that far). Plus, in case there were a Game 7, then JG could have used either Andy Pettite OR CC Sabathia. Haha I swear *I* should be the manager of the Yankees sometimes! :P
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2009 9:10:23 PM
At 11/3/2009 9:06:38 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Agreed. CC Sabathia did okay on 3 days rest, but not fantastic. Then again, Cliff Lee had 4 days rest and still did just alright in Game 5 (not as good as he was in Game 1). The problem though is that the Yankees don't really have a 4th starter. All the Yankees relief pitchers kinda suck too. I guess Joba Chambelain could have started Game 5 instead of AJ Burnett. That would have been the best thing to do, especially since AJ was pretty much a waste whereas he could have been of use in Game 6 (if it went that far). Plus, in case there were a Game 7, then JG could have used either Andy Pettite OR CC Sabathia. Haha I swear *I* should be the manager of the Yankees sometimes! :P

I like your plan better...
make a call into George Steinbrenner for ya ;)
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2009 8:59:22 PM
At 11/4/2009 8:54:32 PM, theLwerd wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tooooldddd yaaaa

Capitalism at it's finest. :)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2009 9:02:59 PM
A baseball player could still be good regardless of how much they're getting paid. Maybe instead of the other players crying about stacked team, they can hit those batting cages, eh? It's up to them to be as good as they can be, and not complain that others are playing better and getting paid for it. Instead of worrying about who's buying the best players (what team), the players themselves on every individual team should improve to become better. That argument makes no sense at all :) That's like the Phillies saying "No fair! Yankees won because they can afford better players than us!" essentially putting themselves down. Uh, no. Get your sh1t together and perform.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2009 12:59:26 PM
At 11/6/2009 10:55:12 AM, TigerFB21 wrote:
Dam i was rooting for the Phillies cuz I really don't like the yanks even tho I'm a huge Joba fan

huge Joba fan should = a little bit of a yankee fan.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 10:41:31 PM
At 11/6/2009 10:55:12 AM, TigerFB21 wrote:
Dam i was rooting for the Phillies cuz I really don't like the yanks even tho I'm a huge Joba fan

Why are you a huge Joba fan? Out of all the pitchers on the Yankees, you like him the most? Haha. Okaaay.
President of DDO