Jump to topic:

WrestlMania 29 thread

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:25:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's that time of year again and it's time for the Wrestlmania thread. Discuss.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2013 3:28:42 PM
Here's my predictions.
World Heavyweight: Del Rio over Big Show
WWE: Cena over the Rock and Punk
Tag Team: Team Hell No over Team Rhodes Scholars
Undertaker over Brock Leasner
Tensi and Clay over Young Money
Ryback, Shameous, and ? over the Shield.
US: the Miz over Cisario
Jericho over Ziggler

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 7:40:17 AM
Bump.

malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2013 8:44:39 AM
Now, don't get me wrong. As one of what I believe to be the few people here old enough to have seen Wrestlemania I live, I have a certain soft for the event, however:

1. As Sports Entertainment, shouldn't this thread be in Entertainment (sports describes the entertainment, entertainment doesn't describe the sport)

2. How does anyone over the age of 13yo still enjoy this sh!t. Again, loved it at 13yo and younger, but seriously, I have no idea how this remains entertaining for people past that age.

I guess I still like Star Wars, though, so perhaps I shouldn't judge.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
ChubbyFatz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 7:30:54 PM
At soon to be 30 in less than 4 weeks. I can answer this question from my point of view anyways.

I began watching wrestling in 87 at 4 years old. I watched every week and every PPV up until 2002 or so when I was about 19. It just didn't appeal to me anymore. Then around 2008 I began to watch again and since then I have followed every week and even went to my first live event. Last year Wrestlemania 28. I will also be attending Hell in a Cell in October.

Wrestling is fake..why watch it??

And that's the thing, although wrestling is scripted ie the match outcomes, storylines title changes....the wrestling is somewhat real. While bumps and falls are trained these guys still get injuries both minor and major.

For me, I look at wrestling as a form of ENTERTAINMENT. A soap opera for men. I tune in every week to see what's going to happen next just like any other episodic show. I know it's scripted but so is every other television show.

That's the reason I watch Wrestling. Hopefully this clears up for you and anyone else who wonders why adults watch wrestling.

Thanks.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2013 8:18:45 PM
At 2/21/2013 8:44:39 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
Now, don't get me wrong. As one of what I believe to be the few people here old enough to have seen Wrestlemania I live, I have a certain soft for the event, however:

1. As Sports Entertainment, shouldn't this thread be in Entertainment (sports describes the entertainment, entertainment doesn't describe the sport)

2. How does anyone over the age of 13yo still enjoy this sh!t. Again, loved it at 13yo and younger, but seriously, I have no idea how this remains entertaining for people past that age.

I guess I still like Star Wars, though, so perhaps I shouldn't judge.

Not sure why that person is screaming at 2:39... but that is a funny video. I am unsure why there is no Hulkster present.

I started watching at about the time Hogan fought Andre the Giant in the third one (I saw one live in Providence a few years later). They are enduring because, despite the obvious stupidity and histrionics, these people are very good entertainers. People love to see individuals with alpha personalities (and the bodies to justify them) square off. If anything, WWE entertainers are smarter than professional fighters, who maim each other and have no mental talent. The Undertaker could still have another 20 Wrestlemanias under his belt ;)
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.