Jump to topic:

Screw boxing

Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:27:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't know if any of you have heard, but Floyd mayweather has almost finalized his deal to fight Devon Alexander in a unification match on May 4.

I already thought Pacquiao vs JMM4 (most likely 5) as well as the Bradley fight was already BS, but this stunt mayweather trying to pull is downright idiotic. I was already angry of the prospects of him fighting Robert Guerrero but now Guerrero seems like a much better selection. Boxing is dead this just proves that they are determined to not give us the fights that boxing fans want to see. Boxing desperately needs a legitimate super fight not these garbage over hyped circuses that both golden boy and top rank have been shoving out.
Brain_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2013 9:37:35 AM
At 2/6/2013 6:27:33 AM, Loserboi wrote:
I don't know if any of you have heard, but Floyd mayweather has almost finalized his deal to fight Devon Alexander in a unification match on May 4.

I already thought Pacquiao vs JMM4 (most likely 5) as well as the Bradley fight was already BS, but this stunt mayweather trying to pull is downright idiotic. I was already angry of the prospects of him fighting Robert Guerrero but now Guerrero seems like a much better selection. Boxing is dead this just proves that they are determined to not give us the fights that boxing fans want to see. Boxing desperately needs a legitimate super fight not these garbage over hyped circuses that both golden boy and top rank have been shoving out.

Nah, it actually looks like Mayweather will be fighting Guerrero after all. I'm not really sure who you expect Mayweather to fight tho. Yea, Pacquiao would be cool but Guerrero is right up there at 31-1. Honestly, I think Bob arum ruined the chances of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. The testing requirement of Mayweather is a preq he asks for in all his fights, and because he is the top paid boxer in the sport he refuses to go 50/50 in any fight. Sure Mayweather could have sucked it up, but the idea of him putting aside his ego and going 50/50 was always unlikely.

http://bleacherreport.com...
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2013 7:40:27 PM
At 2/19/2013 9:37:35 AM, Brain_crazy wrote:
At 2/6/2013 6:27:33 AM, Loserboi wrote:

Nah, it actually looks like Mayweather will be fighting Guerrero after all. I'm not really sure who you expect Mayweather to fight tho. Yea, Pacquiao would be cool but Guerrero is right up there at 31-1. Honestly, I think Bob arum ruined the chances of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. The testing requirement of Mayweather is a preq he asks for in all his fights, and because he is the top paid boxer in the sport he refuses to go 50/50 in any fight. Sure Mayweather could have sucked it up, but the idea of him putting aside his ego and going 50/50 was always unlikely.

http://bleacherreport.com...

He could have fought Sergio. They are both at the end of their careers and Sergio is willing to come down to 154 to fight him. Sergio would be more than willing to give Floyd an 80-20 split. Guerrero looks good on paper, but he is not an elite caliber fighter. I really wanted floyd to fight Sergio or Pacquiao.