Jump to topic:

Tim Tebow

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 10:03:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why do so many people hate Tim Tebow? Is it really because he kneels and prays? If so, why don't people hate players who get busted for drugs, guns, drunk driving the list goes on and on. Not thirty days goes by and some NFL player is getting arrested for something. They are far worse examples of human beings and put a blight on the sport. But some how Tim Tebow gives the NFL a bad rep?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Loserboi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 11:26:28 PM
Cause he is a overrated player. Tebow has terrible mechanics, won most of his games thanks to defensive plays, and kicking... But the media gives him almost all the credit. Tebow gets talked about too much for just being a Christian, and it's actually the opposite Tebow is really beloved. Tebow is so beloved by the public that he causes controversy wherever he goes because of this love. Tebow gets too much media that is out of his control.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 8:15:39 AM
Until Tebow actually gets a team of his own and gets to lead them for an entire season (or is canned because of his own incompetence before the season ends) then nobody is going to know for sure whether he really is overrated or not. He's probably the most successful quarterback in NFL history who can't land a starting job. Hopefully someone will get desperate enough to start him so we can put this issue to rest once and for all.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 9:14:54 PM
Vinny Testaverde sucked at first. I think the religious bigotry has a lot to do with it. Tebow makes the NFL look bad when you consider all the street thugs and criminals they hire and put up on pedestals.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 8:09:00 AM
The NFL doesn't hire thugs, they create them. The locker-room setting is a highly conditioning environment, and even if it weren't, all the money they are making is bound to taint them in the end. It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. If heaven is true, I doubt Tebow is going to get there by trying to balance an NFL career (full of fame and fortune) and a good Christian life. The meek inherit the Earth, not celebrities - even virgin ones ;)

But from a practical standpoint, we might as well just say it - the NFL is full of black people (selectively bred through hundreds of years of slavery, of course). If blacks didn't dominate sports, then sadolite would not be on DDO today talking about thugs in the NFL. Black culture is highly adorning of wealth and aggression, which is no doubt due simply to a long history of rough impoverished conditions.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:15:49 PM
At 3/7/2013 8:09:00 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
The NFL doesn't hire thugs, they create them. The locker-room setting is a highly conditioning environment, and even if it weren't, all the money they are making is bound to taint them in the end. It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. If heaven is true, I doubt Tebow is going to get there by trying to balance an NFL career (full of fame and fortune) and a good Christian life. The meek inherit the Earth, not celebrities - even virgin ones ;)

But from a practical standpoint, we might as well just say it - the NFL is full of black people (selectively bred through hundreds of years of slavery, of course). If blacks didn't dominate sports, then sadolite would not be on DDO today talking about thugs in the NFL. Black culture is highly adorning of wealth and aggression, which is no doubt due simply to a long history of rough impoverished conditions.

"The NFL doesn't hire thugs," The NFL most certainly does hire "convicted criminals"
As a matter of fact they go out of their way to draft them.

http://deadspin.com...

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 9:17:16 AM
Tim Tebow has been released from the Jets, and Ron Jaworski of ESPN says that Tebow will "probably never play another down in the NFL" at any position. I kind of feel bad for the guy... after a life as a starting NFL QB, who ended his last starting gig with a playoff win, what is to come of him now? Is he going to be reduced to living off his declining celebrity status with local appearances in commercials like Mr. T?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2013 1:58:24 AM
At 4/29/2013 9:17:16 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Tim Tebow has been released from the Jets, and Ron Jaworski of ESPN says that Tebow will "probably never play another down in the NFL" at any position. I kind of feel bad for the guy... after a life as a starting NFL QB, who ended his last starting gig with a playoff win, what is to come of him now? Is he going to be reduced to living off his declining celebrity status with local appearances in commercials like Mr. T?

So far, it looks like even Arena football won't let him be a starting QB.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
deever
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 6:55:18 PM
At 5/22/2013 5:53:28 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Which is dumb, because hes really not that bad.

Yeah, he's pretty bad.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 9:43:16 PM
Call me crazy (you will, I know) but the Green Bay Packers could maybe use him. A few thoughts:

- Our back-up QBs are a couple of no-namers, and replacing them on the roster with Tebow isn't that crazy of an idea.
- "Tebow-mania," which destroys teams who have taken him, really won't affect us here with the best guy in the game taking snaps. Nobody is going to be anticipating Rodgers losing his job to Tebow.
- The Packers have shown interest in Tebow before, and like his character. Character is HUGE in Green Bay. They might appreciate a chance to teach him some new technique as well.
- We drafted two RBs, so if Rodgers goes down we should have a nice run game to fall back on that could take the pressure off of Tebow. Our deep threats (Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Finley) could spread the field for him and force some holes open for some scrambling.
- Our offensive line has had major issues for the last few years. Rodgers has been sacked more than anyone in the NFL lately - hundreds of times. Watching him take beatings like that is like buying a brand new Ferrari and taking it mud-running. Giving Tebow some opportunities to win some games for us - which he clearly is very good at doing - might ensure Rodgers is still standing in the playoffs.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 4:04:40 PM
I've always wondered, what about bringing him in as a fullback? He's big enough that he can do some decent blocking, he can take to the flats as a receiving risk. He can take a shuffle pass as a run risk, and potentially after taking a shuffle, he could still toss it for a dump to a TE on a short slant route or something. At the very least, the risk of him dumping it might keep line backers a few steps deeper so should he decide to run with it, he'll get an extra yard just from that.

It's not a starting QB role, but everyone knows that he won't be starting anywhere. At best 2nd string, more likely 3rd. This will get him playing time, and he'll still get the chance to throw every now and again.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2013 8:41:51 PM
The problem is he's not that great of a fullback. For instance, I tried making the argument (not all that seriously) that the Packers could take him, and fullback would probably be the spot he fills. But we have a great fullback, John Kuhn, and although Kuhn has no chance of throwing the football, he's going to be a much better fullback than Tebow. Tebow is a good runner, but when you're on the 1-yard line and you want to punch it in, you want a great fullback, not a quarterback-turned-fullback who is adequate at each job but not great at either. Tebow's only advantage is trick-plays/options, and those just aren't that successful in the NFL. Tebow is no Colin Kaepernick or Michael Vick either with his arm or his feet.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 5:36:34 PM
At 6/3/2013 9:30:46 AM, leojm wrote:
He is a good football player. He is my favorite.

He is perhaps good, and he is a football player. But if he were a good football player, one of the 32 teams would sign him.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 6:29:57 PM
At 6/3/2013 5:36:34 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

He is perhaps good, and he is a football player. But if he were a good football player, one of the 32 teams would sign him.

Well this is in my opinion.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 11:25:40 PM

That's technically a fallacy, but understandable.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:15:00 PM
So Tebow is with the Pats, it is official. I hope SO badly Brady goes down so I can see what Tebow can do. He's definitely coming in as a QB, at least initially...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 12:03:12 AM
At 6/10/2013 10:15:00 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
So Tebow is with the Pats, it is official. I hope SO badly Brady goes down so I can see what Tebow can do. He's definitely coming in as a QB, at least initially...

You really think so? Why I want Tebow to have the chance, I am beyond the point of thinking that anyone will give him one. There is probably a good chance they'd bring the punter in as QB instead.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:30:46 AM
You know, now that I think about it, a move to the Pats makes sense (with no guaranteed money in his contract of course). If Tim's gonna succeed, it'll have to start on this team. Bill Belichick is no Rex Ryan. He'll minimize the media circus, Tebow will be surrounded by a pro to learn (on his own) from in Tom Brady - who is NOT competing with Tebow for his job - and I think Tebow will be feeling more confident on this team for some reason. It'll be interesting to see if he ever plays QB or if Belichick rotates him to another position. It'll be hilarious/ such a slap in the face to Ryan if Belichick could use Tebow successfully in the way that Ryan wanted to but couldn't :P
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 1:48:37 PM

So does this mean that he is suddenly a good player now?
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 2:17:54 PM
At 3/4/2013 10:03:19 PM, sadolite wrote:
Why do so many people hate Tim Tebow? Is it really because he kneels and prays? If so, why don't people hate players who get busted for drugs, guns, drunk driving the list goes on and on. Not thirty days goes by and some NFL player is getting arrested for something. They are far worse examples of human beings and put a blight on the sport. But some how Tim Tebow gives the NFL a bad rep?

I hope that people give this kid a chance. Even though he has been somewhat of a disappointment, it all comes down to winning. And if you are not winning, then the crowd will not be please. Period. =)
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 3:28:10 PM
At 6/11/2013 1:48:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Got him
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:46:15 PM
At 6/11/2013 3:28:10 PM, stubs wrote:

Got him

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

I just got shut down by leojm in the sports forum. Excuse me for a second... *sound of gunshot*
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 9:54:30 PM
At 6/11/2013 9:46:15 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 6/11/2013 3:28:10 PM, stubs wrote:

Got him

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

I just got shut down by leojm in the sports forum. Excuse me for a second... *sound of gunshot*

You favor the shutgun formation or the pistol?