Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2009 10:18:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 11/10/2009 2:13:16 PM, wjmelements wrote:
He'll follow the fame and the money.

What else would you expect? Any reasonable person would do so.

I suspect the Cavs won't let LeBron go. Why would they? He's on his way to being the very best in the NBA. He'll be the corner stone of any successful team. Of course I'd love to see him on the Knicks lol but that'll never happen.
President of DDO
NightLane
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2009 9:28:41 AM
There used to be some who played for the love of the game. Then again, no one does that anymore.
The cavs also don't have the last say in whether or not he goes and based on the recent buzz about him respecting michael jordan by switching from 23 to 6, maybe Chicago?
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2009 4:31:21 PM
He's from Akron, and has his closest family and friends here (with whom he just made a documentary feature film).

It could be just wishful thinking, but I suspect he'll stay in Cleveland. But testing the market will estimate FMV, which is smart before signing.
crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2009 5:35:46 PM
At 11/10/2009 10:18:18 PM, theLwerd wrote:

I suspect the Cavs won't let LeBron go. Why would they? He's on his way to being the very best in the NBA. He'll be the corner stone of any successful team. Of course I'd love to see him on the Knicks lol but that'll never happen.

The Cavs won't want to let LeBron go, but if they can't afford him, LeBron is gone. LeBron is going for the fame, although I think he'd like to stay in Cleveland IF they pay him a lot more money and IF they win the championship this year.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2009 10:42:57 PM
At 11/10/2009 10:18:18 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Yeah, he has a good chance of winning it all this year... if he does, the price maybe too high to keep him... but Cavs will do everything to keep him...

They are playing hardball right now just to make negotiations competitive... but it is not working, LB's agent knows better.
sllewuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 12:15:01 AM
I personally think that he has no reason to stay in Cleveland they are in a mess and they are stuck in a mess. LeBron James wants a championship and Cleveland cannot win one Shaq is not enough and even if they miraculously do win one there is still no reason to stay because Shaq will probably retire and then they will be back in the mess. I say he will be a New Jersey Net their owner is willing to put up the money and all the pieces to be a good team is already there
Devin Harris
Courtney Lee
Yi JianLian
Brook Lopez
Lebron is the missing link to a team full of talent.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 7:50:15 AM
At 11/15/2009 9:28:41 AM, NightLane wrote:
There used to be some who played for the love of the game.
You can play because you love the game and yet pick WHERE to play for some other reason, since you're playing the same game either way.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 12:17:22 AM
At 11/23/2009 12:15:01 AM, sllewuy wrote:
I personally think that he has no reason to stay in Cleveland they are in a mess and they are stuck in a mess. LeBron James wants a championship and Cleveland cannot win one.... I say he will be a New Jersey Net their owner is willing to put up the money and all the pieces to be a good team is already there....

As of 11/24/09:

Cleveland Cavaliers (10-4)

New Jersey Nets (0-13)

Solid analysis.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 8:17:56 AM
Nets are by default my 2nd favorite team; I'd be happy if LeBron went there... but ugh I wish he could go to the Knicks! Grr!
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 9:03:53 AM
At 11/24/2009 12:17:22 AM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
I personally think that he has no reason to stay in Cleveland they are in a mess and they are stuck in a mess. LeBron James wants a championship and Cleveland cannot win one.... I say he will be a New Jersey Net their owner is willing to put up the money and all the pieces to be a good team is already there....

As of 11/24/09:

New Jersey Nets (0-13)

Solid analysis.

Technically, that's not a valid comparison, since the relevant measure is how the Nets perform with Lebron against how the Cavs perform with Lebron, not how the Cavs perform with against how the Nets perform without.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 10:24:20 PM
At 11/24/2009 9:03:53 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Technically, that's not a valid comparison, since the relevant measure is how the Nets perform with Lebron against how the Cavs perform with Lebron, not how the Cavs perform with against how the Nets perform without.

But when he says Cleveland, with Lebron, is "stuck in a mess" (currently at 10-4), it doesn't lend itself to any prospect of him doing better with an 0-13 team.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 10:28:23 PM
At 11/24/2009 10:24:20 PM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
At 11/24/2009 9:03:53 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

But when he says Cleveland, with Lebron, is "stuck in a mess" (currently at 10-4), it doesn't lend itself to any prospect of him doing better with an 0-13 team.

I'm not at all familiar with New Jersey's roster (or that of any NBA teams really), so this may not be relevant, but hypothetically, a team can have a lot of young useful pieces and a lot of room under the salary cap and be a better place for Lebron than some team with a bunch of mediocre veterans signed to overvalued deals, especially in a guaranteed contract league by the NBA. That is, the claim that the Nets have players which compliment Lebron well does not logically entail the claim that those players can in and of themselves win anything.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2009 11:13:31 PM
At 11/24/2009 10:28:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
That is, the claim that the Nets have players which compliment Lebron well does not logically entail the claim that those players can in and of themselves win anything.

It certainly doesn't logically entail that they'd be better than 10-4, or any less "stuck" than Cleveland, with him.
sllewuy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2009 3:52:27 AM
At 11/24/2009 12:17:22 AM, USAPitBull63 wrote:

As of 11/24/09:

New Jersey Nets (0-13)

Solid analysis.

Well the nets are on a losing streak because the start of their season was plagued with injuries we cant judge their abilities until their line up is healthy. and Out of the most likely teams to acquire him by most articles its a battle between
Cavs
Nets
Knicks
I say nets are the best place for him because that team is very young and improves every year. yeah yeah i know 0-16 or something like that now but they are a team that lacks leadership right now something Lebron can bring. But LeBron's situation is a mess every espn show the analysts say the same thing he is doing the majority of the work. Whoever watched the NBA playoffs against the magic last year in the 2nd game they won the Cavs threw away their game plan and just let Lebron take it up and down the court while everyone on the team were stationed.