Jump to topic:

LeBron James...

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 11:50:18 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Dunno, but the Browns are interested in him. I think NFL could absolutely play in the NFL :)

It would suck for the Cavs though!!!
President of DDO
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 11:58:29 AM
He should play for the pirates.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 12:02:22 PM
At 11/20/2009 11:50:18 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Dunno, but the Browns are interested in him. I think NFL could absolutely play in the NFL :)

It would suck for the Cavs though!!!

Wait. Would he be leaving the NBA to play?
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 12:07:09 PM
What aren't the pirates an NBA team?

http://tiny.cc...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 2:51:45 PM
There was a commercial where he played for the Cleveland Browns. Perhaps life will imitate art (but it won't).

That said, anything to make us (Cleveland fans) think of what could be, instead of what is, usually makes us feel better.

But in this case, I'll go ahead and say it's likely to happen. Why? So that all three pro teams can be quasi-equally mediocre. That's Cleveland sports for you.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 3:25:07 PM
It would be kind of hard to have him at a clearly defined position, a weakness would become clear and easily exploitable (at TE for example he'd be pretty much worthless blocking and so his presence there would automatically signal passing down). But give him "change of pace back" status, have him run some routes, use him as a lb/safety tweener for occasional pressure and to get interceptions (especially in the red zone), send him after kickers and punters...

It's not gonna be worth his while at all financially, but he'd be very useful.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2009 6:41:31 PM
LeBron James is 6'8" tall, 260 lbs and fast. He's incredibly all-around athletic and was a WR in HS. He could easily assimilate into the NFL, even if it took him a little while to get the hang of things. I think once he learned the routes and got used to taking and voiding hits, he'd be a massive receiver (or maybe TE?). Mayhaps even a safety if they wanted to see his D. Some consider him the most "dominant, competitive, intuitive, and coordinated athlete in the world right now" so I'd at least like to see him try. Worst that could happen is that he sucks, gets injured and his b-ball career ends too.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 6:12:37 AM
At 11/20/2009 6:41:31 PM, theLwerd wrote:
LeBron James is 6'8" tall, 260 lbs and fast. He's incredibly all-around athletic and was a WR in HS. He could easily assimilate into the NFL, even if it took him a little while to get the hang of things. I think once he learned the routes and got used to taking and voiding hits, he'd be a massive receiver (or maybe TE?). Mayhaps even a safety if they wanted to see his D. Some consider him the most "dominant, competitive, intuitive, and coordinated athlete in the world right now" so I'd at least like to see him try. Worst that could happen is that he sucks, gets injured and his b-ball career ends too.

Yeah, they want him at TE.
But he would not do it... the money is not as good, also, that team sucks... bad...
He would not be able to turn it around unless he played QB, since he is the QB in basketball he was able to be the driving force in their turn around.

The browns just suck, even with a good QB, they can not win.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 4:20:03 PM
At 11/21/2009 6:12:37 AM, comoncents wrote:

But he would not do it... the money is not as good, also, that team sucks... bad...
He would not be able to turn it around unless he played QB, since he is the QB in basketball he was able to be the driving force in their turn around.

Who cares if the Browns suck? LeBron went to the Cavs and the Cavs sucked too! Not to mention that LeBron will most likely NOT be playing QB my friend. Haha. Also, I've always considered the point guard to be the QB of a basketball team. That's just me.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 8:43:40 PM
At 11/21/2009 4:20:03 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Who cares if the Browns suck? LeBron went to the Cavs and the Cavs sucked too! Not to mention that LeBron will most likely NOT be playing QB my friend. Haha. Also, I've always considered the point guard to be the QB of a basketball team. That's just me.

That is what i said...
He is the qb in clev.. thats why he was able to turn it around...

He will not be playing qb for browns so he will not be able to turn it around...

That is what i was saying... pretty much word for word with what you just pointed out...
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 9:06:05 PM
I personally see Lebron as an arrogant, over-paid hot shot.

I am much more fond of Dwayne Wade. The man's got swiftness, prowess, finesse, courage, intelligence, generosity, spirit, and optimism. He is a fantastic man on and off the court.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 9:38:47 PM
Wait. I've got it. Make him the Wildcat formation QB. Like Ronnie Brown x9000.

Lol.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 9:56:24 PM
At 11/21/2009 4:20:03 PM, theLwerd wrote:

It's not just you, but Lebron is often termed a "Point Forward."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 9:59:11 PM
At 11/21/2009 9:56:24 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

It's not just you, but Lebron is often termed a "Point Forward."

Only because he's so good that he's got, like, the passes and assistance numbers of a guard (with the rebounds of a center and the points of a forward)... not because that's supposed to be his actual position or role (guard).
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 10:00:19 PM
At 11/21/2009 9:06:05 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I personally see Lebron as an arrogant, over-paid hot shot.

I am much more fond of Dwayne Wade. The man's got swiftness, prowess, finesse, courage, intelligence, generosity, spirit, and optimism. He is a fantastic man on and off the court.

I love Dwayne Wade, and he might be talented and a good guy, but LeBron is a better basketball player. Period. Plus, why do you say that about LJ? He's a humble guy - especially for being so good so young. People jump to negative assumptions about him, I think. Kobe's way worse.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2009 10:02:20 PM
For the purposes of the analogy though--

Imagine, if you will, a tight end who completes 20 out of 30 passes a game.

Would you regard him as, in effect, a quarterback, with the same effect on the outcome of the game as a traditional quarterback?

Obviously, strategically this is not feasible in football--

but the equivalent is possible in basketball, which is why it is more or less valid to compare James to a QB as much as it is to compare a point guard to a QB.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 7:38:51 AM
Despite my overwhelming ignorance of US sports, I have four words (and two symbols) to add to the subject of professional athletes switching disciplines:

Michael Jordan + baseball = fail.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 7:47:51 AM
Baseball, to be favor, is highly specialized-- either you have to hit a ball moving at high speeds with a thin little stick or you have to throw a ball in all kinds of funky ways in tiny areas (not just the plate, but the corners to be successful. Moving Jordan to baseball isn't like moving Lebron to tight end or runningback or safety. it's like moving Lebron to punter.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 8:19:13 AM
Not to mention that the NFL has a lot to do with athleticism (which LeBron clearly has) and the ability to learn plays, which he can clearly do as well. Not only has he done that in HS and was all-state, but the guy is huge, fast, agile, etc. I agree with Ragnar that it's not as specialized as a sport. There are a lot of factors that go into a good play or a good player, and I think LeBron could be good with practice.
President of DDO