Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Lakers Failure

Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 6:43:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I found this whole season for the lakers to be flat out hilarious. I am so happy for this NBA season. I don't care how many rings they have lakers fans, I don't care what their history is like. Lakers this year was beautiful. They basically conned their way into acquiring this massive amount of star power. They have 4 superstars on one team and people still find excuses for their losing. "Dwight is a terrible center, cant post and cant Shoot free throws" LOL OKAY. "Steve Nash is too old to play anymore". LOL oK. "Pau Gasol is useless and way too soft" LOL OK. "Kobe is doig ALL THE WORK. Kobe has NO HELP." ROFL OK. IT'S HILARIOUS. I was sad for Kobe in the beginning for his injury, but now I'm over it. I hope lakers become the new clippers and suck for 12 years. But I know that wont happen they will probably find a way to get Kevin Durant for Metta World Peace. Or get Marc Gasol back for Antwan Jamison. Or magically sign Derrick rose for Steve Blake. I find the NBA interesting again :)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2013 7:50:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/29/2013 6:43:25 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I found this whole season for the lakers to be flat out hilarious. I am so happy for this NBA season. I don't care how many rings they have lakers fans, I don't care what their history is like. Lakers this year was beautiful. They basically conned their way into acquiring this massive amount of star power. They have 4 superstars on one team and people still find excuses for their losing. "Dwight is a terrible center, cant post and cant Shoot free throws" LOL OKAY. "Steve Nash is too old to play anymore". LOL oK. "Pau Gasol is useless and way too soft" LOL OK. "Kobe is doig ALL THE WORK. Kobe has NO HELP." ROFL OK. IT'S HILARIOUS. I was sad for Kobe in the beginning for his injury, but now I'm over it. I hope lakers become the new clippers and suck for 12 years. But I know that wont happen they will probably find a way to get Kevin Durant for Metta World Peace. Or get Marc Gasol back for Antwan Jamison. Or magically sign Derrick rose for Steve Blake. I find the NBA interesting again :)

I'm a Knicks fan. I'm not even a Lakers fan, but this is one of the saltiest posts towards the Lakers I have read haha. I could be wrong, but didn't Nash miss part of the beginning of the season due to injury and Dwight miss part of the season also due to injury? Secondly, your Brooklyn Nets only won 4 more games than the Lakers. The Lakers were the 7 seed in this years playoffs. If the Nets were in the West they would have been the 6th seed playing Denver. And their season most likely would have ended the same way the Lakers did; in a sweep.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 10:10:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/29/2013 7:50:14 PM, stubs wrote:
At 4/29/2013 6:43:25 PM, Loserboi wrote:
I found this whole season for the lakers to be flat out hilarious. I am so happy for this NBA season. I don't care how many rings they have lakers fans, I don't care what their history is like. Lakers this year was beautiful. They basically conned their way into acquiring this massive amount of star power. They have 4 superstars on one team and people still find excuses for their losing. "Dwight is a terrible center, cant post and cant Shoot free throws" LOL OKAY. "Steve Nash is too old to play anymore". LOL oK. "Pau Gasol is useless and way too soft" LOL OK. "Kobe is doig ALL THE WORK. Kobe has NO HELP." ROFL OK. IT'S HILARIOUS. I was sad for Kobe in the beginning for his injury, but now I'm over it. I hope lakers become the new clippers and suck for 12 years. But I know that wont happen they will probably find a way to get Kevin Durant for Metta World Peace. Or get Marc Gasol back for Antwan Jamison. Or magically sign Derrick rose for Steve Blake. I find the NBA interesting again :)

I'm a Knicks fan. I'm not even a Lakers fan, but this is one of the saltiest posts towards the Lakers I have read haha. I could be wrong, but didn't Nash miss part of the beginning of the season due to injury and Dwight miss part of the season also due to injury? Secondly, your Brooklyn Nets only won 4 more games than the Lakers. The Lakers were the 7 seed in this years playoffs. If the Nets were in the West they would have been the 6th seed playing Denver. And their season most likely would have ended the same way the Lakers did; in a sweep.

Lol so? What's your point? Who cares if the Nets only won a few more games? Who cares if the nets wouldn't make the playoffs. The nets have Deron Williams and Brook Lopez whoodie doo. Them makin the playoffs after so many years is already respectable. It's the NBA, we all know its completely dominated by 3 teams every decade. Hardly anyone has won a NBA in recent memory that wasn't the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Dallas. The lakers didn't have Nash in parts of the season. SO WHAT? They didn't have Dwight for much of season SO WHAT? KOBE was there, with Gasol. I know that team was injured. But C'MON their starting 5 has led teams to the playoffs with them being the cornerstone. Nash led Phoenix to semi-finals, Dwight led Orlando to finals, Gasol led the Grizzles, and World Peace led the Rockets. They have so much star power, that starting 5 alone has a total of 3 MVP awards, 4 DPOY awards, multiple all NBA teams and their bench wasn't even bad with Blake and Jamison available. Nobody EVER expected my nets to win a ring this year. LAKERS were expected to break the Win record in the beginning. Lakers might have had injuries but they started off with a Godly lineup, with 4 superstars when most teams have 1 at most. FAILURE
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2013 5:57:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/1/2013 10:10:22 AM, Loserboi wrote:

Lol so? What's your point? Who cares if the Nets only won a few more games? Who cares if the nets wouldn't make the playoffs. The nets have Deron Williams and Brook Lopez whoodie doo.

Oh you mean D-Will who was 13th in scoring in the entire NBA and 5th in assist and Lopez who averaged over 2 blocks a game. Combined with Gerald Wallace who was dirty in Portland and Joe Johnson who has a ridiculously high contract, but is still a great player. The Nets have star power, not as much as the Lakers obviously, but to act like the Lakers have so much star power and the Nets have little to none is being intellectually dishonest.

Them makin the playoffs after so many years is already respectable. It's the NBA, we all know its completely dominated by 3 teams every decade. Hardly anyone has won a NBA in recent memory that wasn't the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Dallas.

Celtics, Pistons. Either way that is a deceiving claim to make because you pick all the teams that have won recently and then say you can't think of any other teams to win recently it's like obviously yeah cause you just named the ones that did haha.

The lakers didn't have Nash in parts of the season. SO WHAT?

He's their starting point guard brah...

They didn't have Dwight for much of season SO WHAT?

He's their starting center brah...

KOBE was there, with Gasol. I know that team was injured. But C'MON their starting 5 has led teams to the playoffs with them being the cornerstone. Nash led Phoenix to semi-finals,

The last time he did that was 3 years ago, he's 39 years old now. You think he's the same player he was in the early 2000's? Don't kid yourself.

Dwight led Orlando to finals,

Yes

Gasol led the Grizzles,

He hasn't even been on the Grizzles for 5 years!

and World Peace led the Rockets.

WHAT?!?!?! Smh...

They have so much star power, that starting 5 alone has a total of 3 MVP awards, 4 DPOY awards, multiple all NBA teams and their bench wasn't even bad with Blake and Jamison available. Nobody EVER expected my nets to win a ring this year.

agree

LAKERS were expected to break the Win record in the beginning.

Very few said that and even less people that are actually educated said that. Secondly that was before all the injuries.

Lakers might have had injuries but they started off with a Godly lineup, with 4 superstars when most teams have 1 at most. FAILURE

Lol
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 11:46:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
First, Loserboi, I didn't know you were a Nets fan. I've lived half my life in Brooklyn and half my life in Jersey, so being a Nets fan comes natural to me (a lot more so now than before they moved, but hey, I was even a fan when they SUCKED lol mostly because the tickets to their games were so cheap). Anyway, I have high hopes for them in future seasons. For know I'm obviously rooting for my Knicks! Knicks! Knicks!

Anyway, I dunno what it is about the Lakers, but I just can't stand them. I imagine it's the same factor that makes most people hate the Yankees (I'm a Yankee and Met fan). Clearly people hate on winners, especially when they have a ton of star power which usually means a lot of money, bandwagon fans, etc. But I must say that the fact the Lakers have done so poorly this season despite their star power IS kind of hilarious (and sad). They also acquired a new coach with D'Antoni which I thought was a mistake.

I have no idea what went wrong because I didn't follow much of their season, but damn, there really is no excuse for that performance given the sheer number of superstars on that team. Metta World Peace and Antawn Jamison are no scrubs either in addition to the 4 big guys. I realize that Kobe and others were injured at times, but that happens to EVERY team. Look at Stoudemire and the Knicks or better yet Derrick Rose and the Bulls.
President of DDO
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 1:32:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/1/2013 5:57:15 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/1/2013 10:10:22 AM, Loserboi wrote:

Lol so? What's your point? Who cares if the Nets only won a few more games? Who cares if the nets wouldn't make the playoffs. The nets have Deron Williams and Brook Lopez whoodie doo.

Oh you mean D-Will who was 13th in scoring in the entire NBA and 5th in assist and Lopez who averaged over 2 blocks a game. Combined with Gerald Wallace who was dirty in Portland and Joe Johnson who has a ridiculously high contract, but is still a great player. The Nets have star power, not as much as the Lakers obviously, but to act like the Lakers have so much star power and the Nets have little to none is being intellectually dishonest.

Them makin the playoffs after so many years is already respectable. It's the NBA, we all know its completely dominated by 3 teams every decade. Hardly anyone has won a NBA in recent memory that wasn't the Lakers, Spurs, Heat, and Dallas.

Celtics, Pistons. Either way that is a deceiving claim to make because you pick all the teams that have won recently and then say you can't think of any other teams to win recently it's like obviously yeah cause you just named the ones that did haha.

The lakers didn't have Nash in parts of the season. SO WHAT?

He's their starting point guard brah...

They didn't have Dwight for much of season SO WHAT?

He's their starting center brah...

KOBE was there, with Gasol. I know that team was injured. But C'MON their starting 5 has led teams to the playoffs with them being the cornerstone. Nash led Phoenix to semi-finals,

The last time he did that was 3 years ago, he's 39 years old now. You think he's the same player he was in the early 2000's? Don't kid yourself.

Dwight led Orlando to finals,

Yes

Gasol led the Grizzles,

He hasn't even been on the Grizzles for 5 years!

and World Peace led the Rockets.

WHAT?!?!?! Smh...

They have so much star power, that starting 5 alone has a total of 3 MVP awards, 4 DPOY awards, multiple all NBA teams and their bench wasn't even bad with Blake and Jamison available. Nobody EVER expected my nets to win a ring this year.

agree

LAKERS were expected to break the Win record in the beginning.

Very few said that and even less people that are actually educated said that. Secondly that was before all the injuries.

Lakers might have had injuries but they started off with a Godly lineup, with 4 superstars when most teams have 1 at most. FAILURE

Lol

Whatever dude... Metta world peace said that about the lakers himself breaking the win record, and nobody got critical about it till they actually started losing. And don't tell me Metta world peace wasn't at one point the best player on the rockets during that playoff run they had before he joined the Lakers. SO WHAT if it's been 5 years? Gasol has been consistently good for his entire tenure with the lakers. MAYBE NOT good to Lakers standards because he is obviously criticized to the max for minor flaws that he has, but Gasol has been consistent for most of his career.

ALSO there are no excuses. KOBE Bryant had one of the best seasons he has had in his career, and this assessment came from KOBE himself. KOBE has led a team with absolutely nothing before to the playoffs and would eventually lose to his current teammate Steve Nash team. It's comical how you can compare the Nets where in reality they only have 1 superstar to the resumes of that lakers team. Deron Williams is the only player on that nets team who can be considered a superstar. 4 guys on the lakers have made the ALL NBA teams on multiple occasions. Steve Nash played like Steve Nash not too long ago at age 37... So I don't know how you can say anything about his age. He might be old but he's an improvement over fisher who was equally as old. Like I said most teams have one superstar and maybe one all star and a bunch of role players to go along with it. The lakers built the avengers basically or the justice league with their deals and came up significantly short.