Jump to topic:

Los Angeles Dolphins

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 9:30:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The GOP-led Florida legislature just decided that the Fins are not worth a stadium renovation. Given their performance over the last few decades I guess I can see why... even HOFer Dan Marino couldn't do anything with that loser of a franchise. L.A. has been waiting for an opportunity like this to come around, and this is no doubt the best one they are going to have for a long time.

So while the military is inundating the Pacific Ocean with sonar and screwing dolphins and whales up royally, they may be proudly representing them on the football field nearby in a Los Angeles stadium. I suppose the trade-off could be worth it...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 3:29:52 PM
At 5/6/2013 9:30:12 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
The GOP-led Florida legislature just decided that the Fins are not worth a stadium renovation. Given their performance over the last few decades I guess I can see why... even HOFer Dan Marino couldn't do anything with that loser of a franchise. L.A. has been waiting for an opportunity like this to come around, and this is no doubt the best one they are going to have for a long time.

So while the military is inundating the Pacific Ocean with sonar and screwing dolphins and whales up royally, they may be proudly representing them on the football field nearby in a Los Angeles stadium. I suppose the trade-off could be worth it...

The Chargers, Rams, and Raiders all left LA. I suppose the Dolphins could do a brief stint there too. As long as it is not my beloved Vikings. Those LA birches already took my Lakers.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2013 10:43:51 AM
It wouldn't surprise me. Though I'd love to see an NFL team in Topeka.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 11:37:45 AM
California already has three football teams: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, and San Francisco 49ers. I'm assuming (based on proximity) that most L.A. residents are currently Chargers fans...? Four NFL teams seems like a lot, but then again CA has 5 MLB teams. Something to consider though is how this would affect the conferences. Who would replace the Dolphins in the American Conference East? It would disrupt all of the divisions, methinks. As for the franchise itself, moves to other cities have sometimes been really helpful at generating momentum and taking on a fresh start. I think it would benefit them, though it's probably better for Floridians to keep the team in Miami.
President of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2013 2:06:30 AM
At 5/9/2013 11:37:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
California already has three football teams: Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, and San Francisco 49ers. I'm assuming (based on proximity) that most L.A. residents are currently Chargers fans...? Four NFL teams seems like a lot, but then again CA has 5 MLB teams. Something to consider though is how this would affect the conferences. Who would replace the Dolphins in the American Conference East? It would disrupt all of the divisions, methinks. As for the franchise itself, moves to other cities have sometimes been really helpful at generating momentum and taking on a fresh start. I think it would benefit them, though it's probably better for Floridians to keep the team in Miami.

Yeah, I don't see this happening... The Jaguars on the other hand...
Debate.org Moderator