Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

NBA Playoffs

Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 11:24:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread on this yet. I'm really into the NBA playoffs this year - at least the Eastern Conference. To be honest, I haven't followed the Western Conference at ALL, but nonetheless I've been enjoying watching good basketball almost every night for the past few weeks. All 4 match-ups are currently at 1 and 1.

Round 2 Predictions:

- Heat (over Bulls) in 5.
- Knicks (over Pacers) in 7.
- Thunder (over Grizzlies) in 6.
- Warriors (over Spurs) in 6.

Conference Finals Predictions:

- Heat (over Knicks) in 4.
- Thunder/Warriors... in 6 or 7.

I'm not too familiar with the WC teams this year, but they seem a lot more evenly matched than the EC. I have no idea who will win in the Conference Finals, but either way I don't think any team is going to beat the Heat who I think are going to win another title with a really easy time from here on out. Maybe they'll lose ONE to the Knicks, but with Wade back in the line-up, I really think it's smooth sailing for LeBron and co. As a Knicks fan I hope I'm wrong :)
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 11:47:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Note: I just realized that Stoudemire might be back in the line-up for Game 3 against the Pacers. In that case, I'll take the Knicks in 6 instead of 7 and they MIGHT even win 2 against the Heat.
President of DDO
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 2:23:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You really think Stoudemire will make a big difference? He'll obviously be coming off the bench, having a reduced role, won't get a lot of shots, and probably won't be himself (for this series, at least) anyway. I don't think him being back will hurt them, but why do you think he'll win the series for them a game earlier?

OKC might make it past Memphis, but I doubt it. If their home games are constantly coming down to the wire, its hard seeing them being able to pull games out on the road. Also, as Charles Barkley is constantly saying, the Thunder are a team of jump-shooters. All their players look for jumpshots and don't drive to the basket consistently enough. This make sit hard for them to beat a team like Memphis, who gets most of their points in the paint.

I'll probably agree on Spurs-Warriors. I really thought the Spurs would win by 10 points in game 2, but if Golden State gets up 15 on them twice in a row, which they did, maybe they're just the better team.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 2:50:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
BV - Yeah, I do think Stoudemire coming off the bench is a very good thing for the Knicks. It gives them an inside presence even if he only plays for 20 minutes a game. Tyson Chandler has scored 12 points in 2 games, whereas I think Stoudemire is good for 8 points in ~20 minutes. Most importantly, his presence draws Hibbert to the post which frees up Anthony and gives Felton and Smith the opportunities to hit big threes. This is what I think will make the difference in one of the games. It'd be nice for the other team to just have to prepare/account for him too, and Chandler wasn't dominating with rebounds either; maybe A'mare will be more hungry after his absence. In the worst case scenario that he's not doing well, Chandler will go back in. The Knicks don't have many other options though if any.
President of DDO
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 5:20:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Of the playoffs this year I've only watched the most recent Heat game and the Most recent Pacer game and they were possibly the worst I've ever seen.
I think I'd be better off watching the old bulls playoff games on VHS, there's a reason their ratings have never been close to touched.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 5:51:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've been a Knicks fan my whole life and I am praying that Amare does not come back haha. The team, over the course of this season and last season, has played exponentially better when he is in a suit and tie. I think Amare is a little overrated, still a great player, but overrated nonetheless. The fact is that the Knicks play better when Amare is out. Numbers never lie. I picked Indiana to beat them this round, but if they do happen to meet Miami in the conference finals I think they will be able to steal a game, maybe two.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2013 5:52:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 11:24:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread on this yet. I'm really into the NBA playoffs this year - at least the Eastern Conference. To be honest, I haven't followed the Western Conference at ALL, but nonetheless I've been enjoying watching good basketball almost every night for the past few weeks. All 4 match-ups are currently at 1 and 1.

Round 2 Predictions:

- Heat (over Bulls) in 5.
- Knicks (over Pacers) in 7.
- Thunder (over Grizzlies) in 6.
- Warriors (over Spurs) in 6.

Conference Finals Predictions:

- Heat (over Knicks) in 4.
- Thunder/Warriors... in 6 or 7.

I'm not too familiar with the WC teams this year, but they seem a lot more evenly matched than the EC. I have no idea who will win in the Conference Finals, but either way I don't think any team is going to beat the Heat who I think are going to win another title with a really easy time from here on out. Maybe they'll lose ONE to the Knicks, but with Wade back in the line-up, I really think it's smooth sailing for LeBron and co. As a Knicks fan I hope I'm wrong :)

Lets see. I predict that Lebron James and the Miami Heat will win another NBA title this year. Is it a dynasty ?
We shall see. =)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 8:35:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I agree that Amare is overrated, but he's still better than Chandler. He'll be a limited factor in the upcoming game(s) but a factor nonetheless.
President of DDO
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2013 9:06:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 8:35:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
I agree that Amare is overrated, but he's still better than Chandler. He'll be a limited factor in the upcoming game(s) but a factor nonetheless.

Amare is a better shooter for sure. Chandler is a better defensive player and rebounded no questions asked. I would rather Chandler play than Amare.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:47:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/10/2013 9:06:03 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/10/2013 8:35:55 AM, Danielle wrote:
I agree that Amare is overrated, but he's still better than Chandler. He'll be a limited factor in the upcoming game(s) but a factor nonetheless.

Amare is a better shooter for sure. Chandler is a better defensive player and rebounded no questions asked. I would rather Chandler play than Amare.

Fair enough. It's a toss-up. The Knicks are having a lot of problems offensively right now, but I suppose I would play Chandler too.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 2:48:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Btw - A Heat vs. Grizzlies champsionship would be awesome. I started watching the Memphis/Oklahoma series. Good stuff.
President of DDO
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 3:32:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Roy Hibbert is finally earning his money, always good to see.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2013 10:01:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 2:48:00 PM, Danielle wrote:
Btw - A Heat vs. Grizzlies champsionship would be awesome. I started watching the Memphis/Oklahoma series. Good stuff.

The Grizzlies would maybe win a game. In my opinion there is no way Memphis can score enough to beat the heat. They are a great defensive team and play great inside, but don't have near the offensive firepower to beat the heat.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 10:59:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/15/2013 10:01:19 PM, stubs wrote:
The Grizzlies would maybe win a game. In my opinion there is no way Memphis can score enough to beat the heat. They are a great defensive team and play great inside, but don't have near the offensive firepower to beat the heat.

What team(s) do you think would beat the Heat?
President of DDO
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2013 6:11:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/16/2013 10:59:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 5/15/2013 10:01:19 PM, stubs wrote:
The Grizzlies would maybe win a game. In my opinion there is no way Memphis can score enough to beat the heat. They are a great defensive team and play great inside, but don't have near the offensive firepower to beat the heat.

What team(s) do you think would beat the Heat?

In a 7 game series? No one. I mean the heat lost like 2 games the entire second half of the season and now a team has to beat them 4 times in like a week... not happening. If the Thunder had Westbrook then I would say they for sure have the best chance. I think the spurs and warriors both have the best chance of the teams left. Do you think the Grizzlies have the best chance of anyone left?
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 7:08:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've only been paying attention to the West because it is so damn unpredictable this year. Warriors lost the series unfortunately. It would have been great seeing all the Bay Area teams make the championships this year. I think Grizzles vs Spurs is a great match up and I'm interested to see who will win the rights to lose to the heat in the finals. I think the Grizzles are the team that are going to make the finals. The Grizzles are a team which is rare in the NBA, it would be nice to see a team win, but the NBA is dominated by super teams and The heat just seem to be the team destined to dominate this decade... O well as long as its not the lakers. LOL
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2013 3:31:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd honestly rather a Phil Jackson coached laker team win than the heat.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2013 11:42:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I agree that the Heat pretty much have the title in the bag. Out of the teams left, on paper it would seem that the Spurs have the leadership, maturity, discipline and depth to give the Heat a run for their money. However, at the end of the day - especially with a relatively healthy Wade - even the Spurs are likely destined to fail. The Heat are just too good.
President of DDO
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2013 8:38:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/9/2013 11:24:53 AM, Danielle wrote:
I'm surprised that there hasn't been a thread on this yet. I'm really into the NBA playoffs this year - at least the Eastern Conference. To be honest, I haven't followed the Western Conference at ALL, but nonetheless I've been enjoying watching good basketball almost every night for the past few weeks. All 4 match-ups are currently at 1 and 1.

Round 2 Predictions:

- Heat (over Bulls) in 5.
- Knicks (over Pacers) in 7.
- Thunder (over Grizzlies) in 6.
- Warriors (over Spurs) in 6.

Conference Finals Predictions:

- Heat (over Knicks) in 4.
- Thunder/Warriors... in 6 or 7.

I'm not too familiar with the WC teams this year, but they seem a lot more evenly matched than the EC. I have no idea who will win in the Conference Finals, but either way I don't think any team is going to beat the Heat who I think are going to win another title with a really easy time from here on out. Maybe they'll lose ONE to the Knicks, but with Wade back in the line-up, I really think it's smooth sailing for LeBron and co. As a Knicks fan I hope I'm wrong :)

Miami is going for their 3rd championship ring.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 8:51:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Frank Vogel should have had Hibbert in at the end of the game. I hear the reasoning behind it, he'd have trouble guarding Bosh on the perimeter, but I was yelling at the TV at the time and now especially in hindsight he should have done it. Make them beat you with a jump shot.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2013 7:31:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 8:51:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Frank Vogel should have had Hibbert in at the end of the game. I hear the reasoning behind it, he'd have trouble guarding Bosh on the perimeter, but I was yelling at the TV at the time and now especially in hindsight he should have done it. Make them beat you with a jump shot.

I disagree. Vogel decided to switch on all screens. Had Hibbert been in he would have been on Bosh. If you watch the play, Hansbrough ended up on Ray Allen because of a screen on Bosh. Not a chance Hibbert is gonna be able to keep up with Ray Allen running to the corner. Paul George made a mistake and that is what gave LeBron the lane when he overplayed him. I think he made a mistake, but I don't blame George. That was just the best player in the world making a big play.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 11:13:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Pacers look like the better team through and through.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2013 11:15:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/24/2013 7:31:15 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:51:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Frank Vogel should have had Hibbert in at the end of the game. I hear the reasoning behind it, he'd have trouble guarding Bosh on the perimeter, but I was yelling at the TV at the time and now especially in hindsight he should have done it. Make them beat you with a jump shot.

I disagree. Vogel decided to switch on all screens. Had Hibbert been in he would have been on Bosh. If you watch the play, Hansbrough ended up on Ray Allen because of a screen on Bosh. Not a chance Hibbert is gonna be able to keep up with Ray Allen running to the corner. Paul George made a mistake and that is what gave LeBron the lane when he overplayed him. I think he made a mistake, but I don't blame George. That was just the best player in the world making a big play.

Right but if Hibbert had been in the game they would have had a different game plan. He busted his butt the whole game and played great defense, don't change a winning formula for the last 8 seconds.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2013 11:59:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 11:13:18 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Pacers look like the better team through and through.

People (like me) said the same thing about the Warriors after the first 2 games against the Spurs.

Although, the Heat played well but the Pacers were just bad tonight - too much isolation, no intensity. Miami was the aggressor all game. They'll be better in game 4, but I can't give them any better than a 50/50 shot.

Btw, Hibbert being on the court in game 1 wouldn't have made a difference. He would have guarded Bosh, who swung out to the three-point line. He would have been too far away to make a play on the ball, unless you want to argue that Hibbert can outrun LeBron James to the basket.

Anyway, the Spurs....they're just such a complete team.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 2:22:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Pacer's can't give up 70 in a half and expect to win against anyone, let alone the heat.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2013 12:54:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/25/2013 11:15:33 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 5/24/2013 7:31:15 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:51:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Frank Vogel should have had Hibbert in at the end of the game. I hear the reasoning behind it, he'd have trouble guarding Bosh on the perimeter, but I was yelling at the TV at the time and now especially in hindsight he should have done it. Make them beat you with a jump shot.

I disagree. Vogel decided to switch on all screens. Had Hibbert been in he would have been on Bosh. If you watch the play, Hansbrough ended up on Ray Allen because of a screen on Bosh. Not a chance Hibbert is gonna be able to keep up with Ray Allen running to the corner. Paul George made a mistake and that is what gave LeBron the lane when he overplayed him. I think he made a mistake, but I don't blame George. That was just the best player in the world making a big play.

Right but if Hibbert had been in the game they would have had a different game plan. He busted his butt the whole game and played great defense, don't change a winning formula for the last 8 seconds.

They would have not switched on all screens which is much harder to defend on inbounds
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 8:21:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/28/2013 12:54:12 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/25/2013 11:15:33 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 5/24/2013 7:31:15 PM, stubs wrote:
At 5/24/2013 8:51:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Frank Vogel should have had Hibbert in at the end of the game. I hear the reasoning behind it, he'd have trouble guarding Bosh on the perimeter, but I was yelling at the TV at the time and now especially in hindsight he should have done it. Make them beat you with a jump shot.

I disagree. Vogel decided to switch on all screens. Had Hibbert been in he would have been on Bosh. If you watch the play, Hansbrough ended up on Ray Allen because of a screen on Bosh. Not a chance Hibbert is gonna be able to keep up with Ray Allen running to the corner. Paul George made a mistake and that is what gave LeBron the lane when he overplayed him. I think he made a mistake, but I don't blame George. That was just the best player in the world making a big play.

Right but if Hibbert had been in the game they would have had a different game plan. He busted his butt the whole game and played great defense, don't change a winning formula for the last 8 seconds.

They would have not switched on all screens which is much harder to defend on inbounds

? You don't change your gameplan for a side out inbound play, you'd play it the same you'd been playing the entire game.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2013 4:59:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Any game 7 predictions?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler