Jump to topic:

Tiger Woods

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2009 12:00:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I'm watching CNN and apparently he just got into a really bad car crash - oh noes! This sucks for the golf world. He's only 33 - I hope he recovers not only for his own health and safety, but also to continue to do great things on the golf course for his fans. He's the highest paid athlete too (although it's mostly from endorsements - not salary earnings).
President of DDO
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 2:07:34 AM
Saved by a golf club... ahh the irony.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 6:25:51 AM
I hope the police crack down on him and crack down on him hard. Was it drink, was it drugs, was he mentally unstable? Whatever, he should have known better than to get in his car and drive.

What if he had hit a little kiddy instead of a fire hydrant?

They should make an example of him - lock him up and throw away the key...or at least take his driving licence off him.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 6:43:41 AM
At 11/28/2009 6:25:51 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I hope the police crack down on him and crack down on him hard. Was it drink, was it drugs, was he mentally unstable? Whatever, he should have known better than to get in his car and drive.

What if he had hit a little kiddy instead of a fire hydrant?

They should make an example of him - lock him up and throw away the key...or at least take his driving licence off him.

Nah, it'd be racist....
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 10:10:27 AM
Yeah, he'll probably even play in next weeks game. The media made a huge deal about it early on though.
President of DDO
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2009 6:40:26 PM
Ha, they were running a news story on it here this morning - saying some facial injuries were before the fact, from a marital fight over claims he was a bit naughty while playing in Aus.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2009 12:37:24 AM
At 11/28/2009 6:40:26 PM, Puck wrote:
Ha, they were running a news story on it here this morning - saying some facial injuries were before the fact, from a marital fight over claims he was a bit naughty while playing in Aus.

Tiger made a personal statement on his website debunking this myth. However, nobody (including the police) really know what happened. Tiger's refusing to give them a statement since he doesn't have to, but on his website apologized, took responsibility, said he was embarrassed and that this "wouldn't happen again." So far all of the reports of the incident have declined there being any alcohol (or drug?) use leading to the accident, but Tiger saying that it won't happen again is kind of telling that there was some foul play... I mean like one guy said, you can't promise that an accident won't happen again. He had to be referring to something specific. I guess we'll never know what it is though lol oh well.
President of DDO
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:07:28 PM
At 11/30/2009 12:37:24 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/28/2009 6:40:26 PM, Puck wrote:

Tiger made a personal statement on his website debunking this myth. However, nobody (including the police) really know what happened. Tiger's refusing to give them a statement since he doesn't have to, but on his website apologized, took responsibility, said he was embarrassed and that this "wouldn't happen again." So far all of the reports of the incident have declined there being any alcohol (or drug?) use leading to the accident, but Tiger saying that it won't happen again is kind of telling that there was some foul play... I mean like one guy said, you can't promise that an accident won't happen again. He had to be referring to something specific. I guess we'll never know what it is though lol oh well.

Haha, amusingly he now posted apologies for transgressions to his wife and family. It's not specific details but ehhhhhh, one can guess given the released alleged phone recording. :P
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:49:23 PM
At 12/2/2009 8:46:13 PM, theLwerd wrote:
What's the rumor with the phone recording?

I heard it on the radio this morning while driving to the school - KISS 108. I'm pretty sure it was exclusive, but I'd be suprised if it hasn't gotten into the mainstream news yet. It was Tiger Woods leaving a message on his mistresses answering machine telling her to change the name on her answering machine because his wife called the number - and Tiger sounded urgent and desperate. The host said it would be chilling, and it kinda was. The woman co-host said she had chills. It was very eery to listen to.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:53:50 PM
At 12/2/2009 8:49:23 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:46:13 PM, theLwerd wrote:
What's the rumor with the phone recording?

I heard it on the radio this morning while driving to the school - KISS 108. I'm pretty sure it was exclusive, but I'd be suprised if it hasn't gotten into the mainstream news yet.

It's definitely not exclusive... they were playing it all over Australian news this morning.

It was Tiger Woods leaving a message on his mistresses answering machine telling her to change the name on her answering machine because his wife called the number - and Tiger sounded urgent and desperate. The host said it would be chilling, and it kinda was. The woman co-host said she had chills. It was very eery to listen to.

Chilling? Eery? Yikes man, it was some douche begging some sl*t to not tell his wife he rooted her. There was nothing spooky about it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 8:57:05 PM
At 12/2/2009 8:53:50 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Chilling? Eery? Yikes man, it was some douche begging some sl*t to not tell his wife he rooted her. There was nothing spooky about it.

He is perhaps the greatest golfer of all time and an incredibly rich man. Tiger was regarded as one of the best role-models of this generation. Perhaps because you're from Australia, you have a different perspective.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 9:00:17 PM
At 12/2/2009 8:57:05 PM, Nags wrote:
At 12/2/2009 8:53:50 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

He is perhaps the greatest golfer of all time and an incredibly rich man. Tiger was regarded as one of the best role-models of this generation. Perhaps because you're from Australia, you have a different perspective.

I don't understand why that would make a difference... he's just as highly regarded here as he is there. It's not like we don't have TV, sports nuts and celebrity-worship like you guys.

Also, I'm not saying it's not big news, I'm just wondering where the "eeriness" of it comes from? What part of the message gave you "chills"?

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 9:03:40 PM
At 12/2/2009 9:00:17 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
Also, I'm not saying it's not big news, I'm just wondering where the "eeriness" of it comes from? What part of the message gave you "chills"?

The host of the show said the message gave him chills. I just said it was eery, which is defined as strange. It didn't give me chills, not even close, just caught me off-guard.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 9:05:44 PM
At 12/2/2009 9:03:40 PM, Nags wrote:

It didn't give me chills, not even close.

"The host said it would be chilling, and it kinda was."

Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2009 9:08:51 PM
At 12/2/2009 9:05:44 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 12/2/2009 9:03:40 PM, Nags wrote:

It didn't give me chills, not even close.

"The host said it would be chilling, and it kinda was."

Yes, it kinda was. All of the hosts thought it was. I was in the car with my mom, and she thought it was spooky. I didn't. I guess it just appeals to different demographics - specifically older, married people. Personally, I didn't think it was chilling, and it certainly didn't give me chills, it just was a bit strange - caught me off-guard.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2009 8:52:52 PM
That phone call is full lol. I love the desperate call to the mistress. I mean, what incentive does she have to help Tiger (as opposed to revealing for the fame and fortune)? Everybody knows that they never leave their wives.
President of DDO