Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Sports Forum annual hibernation -NFL

R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 12:59:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Once again, the sports forum is in its annual hibernation because the NFL is the only sport popular enough to warrant any type of consistent posting in here and during the off-season there's not much to talk about. You can use this thread to post random comments about the NFL or your favorite team.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 1:06:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think the Chiefs are going to be a surprise team this year, they've got some pretty-good pieces in place. Alex Smith is not spectacular but extremely efficient, Jamaal Charles is an elite RB, and Dwayne Bowe is an elite WR. I also have always like Dexter McCluster. They've got the overall #1 draft pick on the O-line and a defense full of 1st-rounders and pro-bowlers. Andy Reid is coaching now, and I think he is going to make quite an impression. I'd like to see the Chiefs force the Broncos into a wild-card spot.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:29:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:27:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Go BILLS!!!!

The Bills haven't lost a playoff game in 13 years! How many other teams can make that claim?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 7:49:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:29:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:27:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Go BILLS!!!!

The Bills haven't lost a playoff game in 13 years! How many other teams can make that claim?

Unless da bills saw something everyone else didn't in that QB they drafted in the first round, it's gonna be another long season... Miami is looking like the team to beat in that division right now, aside from, you know...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 9:56:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 7:49:33 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:29:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:27:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Go BILLS!!!!

The Bills haven't lost a playoff game in 13 years! How many other teams can make that claim?

Unless da bills saw something everyone else didn't in that QB they drafted in the first round, it's gonna be another long season... Miami is looking like the team to beat in that division right now, aside from, you know...

I bet they won't lose a single playoff game for a number of years to come!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 12:51:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/9/2013 9:56:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:49:33 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:29:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:27:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Go BILLS!!!!

The Bills haven't lost a playoff game in 13 years! How many other teams can make that claim?

Unless da bills saw something everyone else didn't in that QB they drafted in the first round, it's gonna be another long season... Miami is looking like the team to beat in that division right now, aside from, you know...

I bet they won't lose a single playoff game for a number of years to come!

haha I definitely agree with that.

How does someone from Oregon manage to become a Bills fan?
Debate.org Moderator
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:03:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 12:51:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/9/2013 9:56:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:49:33 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:29:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:27:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Go BILLS!!!!

The Bills haven't lost a playoff game in 13 years! How many other teams can make that claim?

Unless da bills saw something everyone else didn't in that QB they drafted in the first round, it's gonna be another long season... Miami is looking like the team to beat in that division right now, aside from, you know...

I bet they won't lose a single playoff game for a number of years to come!

haha I definitely agree with that.

How does someone from Oregon manage to become a Bills fan?

5 year olds don't understand football, so we root for what team has the cooler Jersey and it stuck.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 1:05:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 1:03:02 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/10/2013 12:51:12 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 6/9/2013 9:56:56 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:49:33 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:29:34 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 6/9/2013 7:27:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Go BILLS!!!!

The Bills haven't lost a playoff game in 13 years! How many other teams can make that claim?

Unless da bills saw something everyone else didn't in that QB they drafted in the first round, it's gonna be another long season... Miami is looking like the team to beat in that division right now, aside from, you know...

I bet they won't lose a single playoff game for a number of years to come!

haha I definitely agree with that.

How does someone from Oregon manage to become a Bills fan?

5 year olds don't understand football, so we root for what team has the cooler Jersey and it stuck.

Works for me. You did get some excitement during the Doug Flutie year at least.
Debate.org Moderator
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:26:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Rob, great point about the Chiefs. I thought that they would have a break out season last year, but they wound up not doing much. Admittedly they have seemingly more weapons this year, especially with Alex Smith. I didn't even know that he moved on to that team! I don't watch ESPN or keep up with sports news anymore because it's not football season, so I don't have much attention :P Right now I'm just enjoying the NBA Finals. I'm going to have to do some serious investigating before fantasy draft season...
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 2:34:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What are you guys most excited about regarding the upcoming season? For me personally, I'm still heavily intrigued by the RG3/Andrew Luck debate (and now Colin Kaepernick deinitely deserves to be in the conversation). There weren't any particularly exciting candidates coming out of the draft this year.

As for my fave teams, I'm concerned to see who the Giants WRs will be. Apparently they aren't sure if Victor Cruz is definitely coming back, though Nicks still has 1 year left on his contract thank gawd. Eli Manning was pissed that they both haven't showed up to (voluntary) practice though before summer camp. And the Jets... lol, the Jets are always... interesting. SMH.

Another team I'm keeping my eye on is the Bucs. I love Greg Schiano (it's a Rutgers bias) so I'm super excited to see what he does what that team. I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with relatively soon - if not this season than within the next 2 for sure as they find their groove.

I'm also pretty curious to see what happens with the Saints. They fell from grace-- can Brees foster a comeback, especially now that Sean Peyton will be back? That scandal really effed them up last year, it seemed. I'm curious to see if they will bounce back.

The Patriots also seem to be losing a few key players. Like I said, I need to do some serious catching up on team rosters in the next couple of months.
President of DDO
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 10:13:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 6/10/2013 2:34:00 PM, Danielle wrote:
What are you guys most excited about regarding the upcoming season? For me personally, I'm still heavily intrigued by the RG3/Andrew Luck debate (and now Colin Kaepernick deinitely deserves to be in the conversation). There weren't any particularly exciting candidates coming out of the draft this year.

Even without any in the draft, we've got a lot of great newb QBs to keep an eye on that could break out at any moment. Wilson and Kaepernick will almost surely do wonderfully just on the strength of their teams... Dalton, Tannehill, and even Newton are still waiting to prove themselves. I think that despite all this amazing talent, Alex Smith will be the most intriguing story out of the gate. Whether he is successful or not, there is going to be a lot of talk about his results.

As for my fave teams, I'm concerned to see who the Giants WRs will be. Apparently they aren't sure if Victor Cruz is definitely coming back, though Nicks still has 1 year left on his contract thank gawd. Eli Manning was pissed that they both haven't showed up to (voluntary) practice though before summer camp. And the Jets... lol, the Jets are always... interesting. SMH.

I think Cruz just knows how important he is and he's not going to back down. The Giants want an elite receiving corps and without Cruz it's pretty far from elite. The Packers will be without their best receiver but we are so deep at the position it shouldn't be a big deal.

Another team I'm keeping my eye on is the Bucs. I love Greg Schiano (it's a Rutgers bias) so I'm super excited to see what he does what that team. I think they'll be a force to be reckoned with relatively soon - if not this season than within the next 2 for sure as they find their groove.

I'm also pretty curious to see what happens with the Saints. They fell from grace-- can Brees foster a comeback, especially now that Sean Peyton will be back? That scandal really effed them up last year, it seemed. I'm curious to see if they will bounce back.

They won't fix that defense in one year.

The Patriots also seem to be losing a few key players. Like I said, I need to do some serious catching up on team rosters in the next couple of months.

This will be the worst set of receivers Brady has had in recent memory...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 8:25:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
All good points, Rob. Agree on all accounts. I can't wait! And I almost forgot about Wilson :-X I have a feeling that this will be a great season...
President of DDO